Interesting whispers around the league

Kipers Hair

And yet, despite this, they are .500 and 1-1 in the division, through the toughest part of the schedule. I'm not defending the QB play, it's been a source of criticism since the off season. But you're deep into your Monday after a *pat loss, look beyond the doom and gloom and you'll feel better.

- great, we're going to be 8-8....that's not good enough.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

- great, we're going to be 8-8....that's not good enough.

I'm with you, brother. Believe me. I'm a "win a title or it's a waste of time" kind of fan. But it takes time to get there. Considering the lack of talent that was on this roster two seasons ago compared to now, this team is going in the right direction from a team building stand point. The division is vulnerable this year, a WC birth or division title is still very much within reach for this team as it's currently constructed.

The toughest stretch of the schedule is over. The easiest part is yet to come. Wins are going to come in bunches over the next five weeks -- if they don't, then that's the time to panic.

I'm with you, brother. Believe me. I'm a "win a title or it's a waste of time" kind of fan. But it takes time to get there. Considering the lack of talent that was on this roster two seasons ago compared to now, this team is going in the right direction from a team building stand point. The division is vulnerable this year, a WC birth or division title is still very much within reach for this team as it's currently constructed.

The toughest stretch of the schedule is over. The easiest part is yet to come. Wins are going to come in bunches over the next five weeks -- if they don't, then that's the time to panic.

I do recognize the talent is much better, and that is probably why I am so bothered by our coaching. If we had dynamic coaching, I think we would be in first place in the division....too much talent to play so poorly.

I do recognize the talent is much better, and that is probably why I am so bothered by our coaching. If we had dynamic coaching, I think we would be in first place in the division....too much talent to play so poorly.

I'm with you there too. I'm not sold on the staff in any way. I get where you're coming from, and appreciate the passion. I feel it too. It's just too early (for me at least) to throw up my hands in despair -- not when we're .500 in the division with two very winnable games coming up. If they drop one of these next two, I might join ya. :beer:

thebandit27, jimmy10, and 26cornerblitz, along with other sources, are reporting that Frank Reich will be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills.

if frank becomes the next head coach, you know the commentators are going to mention the comeback game literally every single time the bills are trailing. and since we're always losing, that means we're gonna hear it a lot. it will be this generation's "fitz went to harvard and wears a wedding band."

i can hear spero dedes now, "frank reich...of course famous for leading the bills' comeback against the oilers...looking for another miracle comeback here..." it will be insufferable.

that video of steve christie and reich jumping up and down after the kick will become as ubiquitous as the shots of niagara falls and the anchor bar dude tossing wings in hot sauce.

Edited by Dirtbag

thebandit27, jimmy10, and 26cornerblitz, along with other sources, are reporting that Frank Reich will be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills. 26cornerblitz is one of the best in the business...if he picks up this story, my ears are automatically perked! :lol:

Hey, I didn't "report" anything :lol:

All I said was that I heard something similar to what Kiper heard--that there's interest in Reich.

My opinion is that he'll get interviews after this season.

thebandit27, jimmy10, and 26cornerblitz, along with other sources, are reporting that Frank Reich will be the next coach of the Buffalo Bills. 26cornerblitz is one of the best in the business...if he picks up this story, my ears are automatically perked! :lol:

Stay away from Vegas with any info you get from me. Please! :lol:

I just dont buy the sky is falling sentiment among many here. We lost vs the pats not the jags. Yes it sucks. Yes we need to beat the pats eventually to overcome a franchise mental hurdle. We were within one score of the pats late in the 4th quarter. We didnt get blown out 45-3. We need to move on.

We're 3-3 with games coming up vs the vikings and the jets. Both very winnable games.

If we are going to get a new coach, do it up. Go get a guy with a proven winning track record. Cowher, Harbaugh, Gruden, Dungy. Get someone who has proven that they can win and win consistently in this league.

I remember that Cowher specifically, and probably most of the ones you listed as well, want a "franchise" QB already on the roster of any team they take over. Don't want to waste their time if the most important position is not adequately filled.

Isn't Reich a little green to be considered a HC at this moment, he's been into coaching only since 2008.
He is even green for an OC. He is very much in learning mode with McCoy.

I think that being green for an OC and being green for a HC are totally different issues.

An OC needs to call plays and design the game plan. That's more technically-based than anything else.

A HC needs to put the right coordinators in place and know how to piece a team together; it's more about principles than coordinating is IMO.

Now, that doesn't mean that Reich is ready to be a HC; I'm just saying that he may be more ready in some ways to be a HC than he is to take over play-calling duties altogether.

If we are going to get a new coach, do it up. Go get a guy with a proven winning track record. Cowher, Harbaugh, Gruden, Dungy. Get someone who has proven that they can win and win consistently in this league.

Id be afraid of hiring a coach who has been out of the game as long as gruden and cowher. Id personally want nothing to do with dungy as hes getting older and we dont have peyton manning.

I think theres absolutely nothing wrong with getting a college HC to coach and it has been proven in NFL to be effective in recent years. Where we made the error was getting a coaching staff from a college program thats not elite.

Harbaugh, kelly, carroll all came from elite college programs and they were successful there. Our coaches came from a horrible college football program and they were average there. Just my opinion.

Harbaugh would not even consider Buffalo. if anything he heads back to the college ranks, which better suits his fat head. Winning is not his problem on SF neither is the reported salary demands. It is his attitude and locker room demeanor amongst pro's.

he will not go back for his lame duck year. he wants more control, the Bills for now anyways do not play that way. The 15 minute Chip Kelly interview 2 years ago is just a single example.

I just dont buy the sky is falling sentiment among many here. We lost vs the pats not the jags. Yes it sucks. Yes we need to beat the pats eventually to overcome a franchise mental hurdle. We were within one score of the pats late in the 4th quarter. We didnt get blown out 45-3. We need to move on.

We're 3-3 with games coming up vs the vikings and the jets. Both very winnable games.

Normally I'd cling to this reality as well. Because you are 100% correct in the grand scheme of things. And the players and coaches know better than anyone the value of moving on. It's really that simple.

But even if we are 5-3 at the break and in position to make noise in the second half of the season, I have little faith this team has the ability to win an important game, especially in the AFC (failed tests against SD and Houston) and within their division (read: beat NE*). Just too much poor to inconsistent play. The only units on the team I am confident in are the D line and kicking game. Our coaching, OLine, secondary, and LBs in coverage are just too easily taken advantage of vs. better teams.

Just not ready for prime time.

GO BILLS!!!

IF Reich came to the Bills would the OL coach tag along?

I'm good w/ bringing in the comeback kid if he does.

can he bring Rivers too?

Id be afraid of hiring a coach who has been out of the game as long as gruden and cowher. Id personally want nothing to do with dungy as hes getting older and we dont have peyton manning.

I think theres absolutely nothing wrong with getting a college HC to coach and it has been proven in NFL to be effective in recent years. Where we made the error was getting a coaching staff from a college program thats not elite.

Harbaugh, kelly, carroll all came from elite college programs and they were successful there. Our coaches came from a horrible college football program and they were average there. Just my opinion.

These guys are not coming back. They've given up working 18 hours a day...no sleep...no family life......to working for networks making a ton of money...

Who is reporting a "reich thing"? Haven't seen anything

LaCanfora, which means its likely BS

Dude is an awful reporter

Its just getting pushed around by the big boys. Again, in our own house, again.

How can we expect this team to compete for the AFC East if we can't beat anyone besides the Dolphins in our house?

Miami beat NE straight up week one. Dominated them in fact and were not intimated. I saw a weak team yesterday that got pushed around by a bully for the 25th time in 27 games. 23 of which had some dude named Marsha playing.

I'm normally the most optimistic fan, but i see the same problems we've had for years. Marrone needs to fix it and fast. This roster is loaded