Mike & Aaron Williams not active today vs. Patriots

Marrrone loves himself some Chris hogan

This right here is one of those spots I think we made a decision protecting a coach that should be able to fill a hole on special teams for a few snaps instead of getting our best out there on offense.

Considering what happened in the last game of the season last year, I don't mind the decision to fill the hole on ST. Also, with AW that leaves only 2 Safeties. Graham could play safety probably, but that's not a lot of depth, considering they also play ST.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering what happened in the last game of the season last year, I don't mind the decision to fill the hole on ST. Also, with AW that leaves only 2 Safeties. Graham could play safety probably, but that's not a lot of depth, considering they also play ST.

Kenny Ladler was promoted after C. Williams went to IR. We are suiting up 3 safeties and may see Graham line up there as well.

Our offense has struggled and we are sitting two guys that could contribute that we traded for this offseason due to special teams needs. It's less of a problem between Dixon and brown but hogan over Williams isn't ok in my book

They should expand the rosters to 58 and have 53 suit up (5 inactive spots for injured players). NFL Rosters are way too small. It puts a lot of pressure on teammates to play hurt knowing they don't have a lot of depth.

I'm 4 expanding to 66. Acknowledge that u have o/d/st and need backups at all positions. Would allow for better development too.

Our offense has struggled and we are sitting two guys that could contribute that we traded for this offseason due to special teams needs. It's less of a problem between Dixon and brown but hogan over Williams isn't ok in my book

It's not Hogan over Williams though. Hogan plays ST, Williams does not. It's Ladler over Williams. I know you have a beef with Hogan, but thats the way it is. And let's not forget Williams has been pretty quiet all season.

It's not Hogan over Williams though. Hogan plays ST, Williams does not. It's Ladler over Williams. I know you have a beef with Hogan, but thats the way it is. And let's not forget Williams has been pretty quiet all season.

We have room for 4 wr today and are keeping hogan active over Williams because hogan plays ST.... I don't like it. Williams is a better receiver. try to argue otherwise.

We have a bad special teams coordinator and have to give him extra to be functional is my beef today, not hogan. That he's not as good as Williams shouldn't be a controversial take. We gave up a pick and have him on well paying contract and he's inactive

Edited by NoSaint

We have room for 4 wr today and are keeping hogan active over Williams because hogan plays ST.... I don't like it. Williams is a better receiver. try to argue otherwise.

We have a bad special teams coordinator and have to give him extra to be functional is my beef today, not hogan. That he's not as good as Williams shouldn't be a controversial take. We gave up a pick and have him on well paying contract and he's inactivez

I wasn't going to argue otherwise.

Deactivate Mike Williams, activate Lee Smith and Chris Hogan. This along with the Pears thing is really pushing me to question the intelligence of this head coach. Keeping an experienced guard like Urbik on the bench, starting another Colin Brown/Legursky type (Pears), the glorification of Hogan (the ultimate head-scratcher), and snaps for the next-to-useless Lee Smith are ill-conceived moves. Marrone is playing "favorites" here, and sacrificing talent in the process. It had better not bite him in the backside today!

Seems St Doug has outsmarted himself already today. MW may have been quiet to date, but I'll put that more on crappy QB play and our OC. MW has proven himself in this league with just adequate QB play. Hogan and Hackett haven't. ST won't win us this game, we have to score and that's about matchups. Forcing your O to go with 2TE sets when your TE's are Chandler, Smith and Gragg? The hoodie has to be laughing to himself. NEs D is pretty highly ranked, and they have Revis. So we basically have to beat them with Woods and who? Hogan? Our stellar TEs ? Our underperforming RB or the game but aging F Jax? This ones over before it starts it seems, this just kind of seals it. Marrone chooses to bring a pop gun to a what could have to be a shoot out.