Bills vs. Patriots officiating thread

Orton's Arm

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A couple of things for me. First, roughing on Brady was justified as a call. Dumb penalty. Getting that out of the way, the early 15 yarder on Hughes was a head scratcher. He was helping up his OWN MAN. Pats receivers were pushing off all day. No calls. Yet when Bills receivers did it, FLAG. F-OFF NFL. I'm so tired of NFL nut hugging, it's not funny. Brady did make passes that should have been picked. Shame on our defenders. Gilmore, McKelvin. Duke Williams....wtf are you doing? Shoving a receiver OB without even looking back??? WTF? My passion runs deep for this team, but I'm tired. Hackett clearly can't hack it.

So if my attitude was irrational, or in your eyes just pissed off, it would change? This is hilarious. I'm pissed we lost too, but we're 3-3 which is better than I thought we'd be.

Question: you think that Duke Williams call was questionable? :)

you're point of enfises proves our point a little more, and you're "conspiracy" accusations less.

Duke's foul was an obvious flag. If youre going to throw that out as you're example, than you've failed to demonstrate you understand the argument.

Just because they made a few good calls doesn't mean they didn't schit on others.

And people, not you specifically, complain about this week in and week out. Every single game, win or lose. And they don't understand the game of football (or any other sport) either. There were bad calls against both teams, just like there are every single game in the NFL. It gets tiresome hearing the same thing every week. Just think for a moment, how likely is it that the Bills get screwed by the zebras every single game? Yet there are some who let their inner homer get the best of them and think this happens.

I will say though, that having this thread will end up being a really good thing if it keeps "the refs screwed the Bills" comments out of all the other threads.

bull **** - the refs were horrible THIS week.

The Bills sucked today! That being said after the last two weeks it's clear that there are bias in this league. No way, playing perfectly the bills could have one. This is pure stink. Certain marque teams and players get the calls!

in all seriousness, if one of the bills players, coaching staff, fans, member of management, mr. or mrs. pegula, or john murphy calling the game wanted to abandon their post and storm the field to stab the officials to death with a plastic spork...that would have been fine with me. i am never...ever...the guy who blames anything on the refs. but what the @#$% was that bull$#!! out there today?!?!?!?

Why cant people get specific?

I will.

Jerry Hughes = BULLSH.IT CALL

Sammy Watkins = BULLSH.IT CALL

Robert Woods = BULLSH.IT CALL

Tom Brady throwing it away while blanketed by Dareus = BULLSH.IT NO CALL

Can anyone tell me at what point in time the Refs had a so-so call against the Pats?

I could go on from other games.

3 times this year the Bills have gotten a flag picked up with the refs saying there was no foul. One flag hit K.Williams in the face after an obvious hold.

Watkins getting raped, flag thrown and then picked up.

Its been like this for years and today Pegula paid dearly for bringin his dog into Krafts office!

To be fair, the Jerry Hughes call was a horrendous call, but likely would not have been called had Hughes not did the unnecessary shove to Brady a play or two before. While it was a horrible call and they never should have given the Patrriots a first down they didn't deserve, they probably would not have made that call had a Hughes not done something fairness harmless but stupid nonetheless, shoving Brady over for no reason after the play.

Don't forget the Phantom pass interference call on Williams when Gronkowski just fell down.

And the push-offs by Edelman and Gronkowski that extended drives.

Anyone whining that these are excuses don't understand how football works.

in all seriousness, if one of the bills players, coaching staff, fans, member of management, mr. or mrs. pegula, or john murphy calling the game wanted to abandon their post and storm the field to stab the officials to death with a plastic spork...that would have been fine with me. i am never...ever...the guy who blames anything on the refs. but what the @#$% was that bull$#!! out there today?!?!?!?

All of this. Total clown show. Ashamed of the league for the job those refs did on us today.

With much respect Kelly, that shove couldnt kill a mosquito. However, mister bad ankle flew like bird!

I totally agree. That shove couldn't hurt a mosquito. My point is, the refs are vindictive. They always have been. And if Hughes wouldn't have done that, they probably wouldn't have called the stupid one against him. The concept of "make up" calls in the NFL is embarrassing. And I'm someone who thinks that officiating overall in live action in all four major sports is remarkably good. It's an impossible job and replay is WAY DIFFERENT. My point is they hold grudges, they don't make calls based solely on what they see, and Hughes had no reason whatsoever to shove Brady. If he didn't do it, they likely would not have made the next call

The secondary was pathetic today. The PI penalty that Williams took was pure panic and stupid. If Buffalo wants to win, need to cut down on the obvious stuff and get better in covering the air games. Spiller was irrelevant and made a lot of dumb mistakes that cost us, the fumble before the half was just sure idiocy.

Having to play the officials also does not help the cause any. Pretty sad when NE WRs are allowed to push DBs to the ground to "create separation" and not get flagged. Like others, it wouldn't be so bad if these kinds of things were consistently called but they aren't. The Hughes penalty is in response to the NFLs new zero tolerance policy concerning domestic abuse.

:w00t:

Why cant people get specific?

I will.

Jerry Hughes = BULLSH.IT CALL

Sammy Watkins = BULLSH.IT CALL

Robert Woods = BULLSH.IT CALL

Tom Brady throwing it away while blanketed by Dareus = BULLSH.IT NO CALL

Can anyone tell me at what point in time the Refs had a so-so call against the Pats?

I could go on from other games.

3 times this year the Bills have gotten a flag picked up with the refs saying there was no foul. One flag hit K.Williams in the face after an obvious hold.

Watkins getting raped, flag thrown and then picked up.

Its been like this for years and today Pegula paid dearly for bringin his dog into Krafts office!

:w00t: Edited by bowery4

The purpose of this thread was to examine the quality of the officiating crew. People can examine other parts of the game: linebackers, kicking game, running game, etc. Why not have that same kind of discussion about the quality and neutrality of the officiating crew?

I started this thread about 12 hours before the game began. I didn't know whether the Bills would win or lose. But either way, I expected biased officiating. But not even I expected it to be this blatant! :angry:

I think that anyone who's reasonably open to the idea of discussing the quality of officiating in the first place admits that today's calls were extremely biased in favor of one particular team. (As has been the ongoing pattern for years.) But there are also those in this discussion who are unwilling to critique the quality and neutrality of the officiating. People who believe that having such discussions is the hallmark of a loser.

If Pegula wants to turn the Bills into a Super Bowl winner, he needs to begin by seeing things as they are. If the officiating is heavily biased, then that's something he needs to be aware of. Maybe the problem is that Kraft is on the rules committee, and Ralph Wilson wasn't. In which case, the solution is for Pegula to figure out what it would take for him to get on the rules committee. if that option isn't available to him, then he'll need to build a team good enough to beat the Patriots and the officials. What he cannot do is to take no constructive action on the officiating front; and expect said officiating to magically become more neutral in the future than it's been in the past.