Bills vs. Patriots officiating thread

Orton's Arm

Twice a year, it will be necessary for there to be a separate game day thread for officiating. For the other 14 games, there is a chance that the officiating won't be a big part of the game. Certainly not important enough to merit its own game day thread.

Use this thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about officiating calls and non-calls. Commentary not related to officiating belongs in the game thread.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please tell me you have orders from headquarters to do this? LoL... ;-P

Is this legal? ;-)

Okay... I will kick it off. Crap! The Bills have just been penalized for "roughing the passer" while bruising Tommy Boy's vajayjay & fragile ego AND its just under 9 hours to kickoff! How's that for proactive officiating!

This lets me know you still maintain a losers mentality. When you root for a winner you realize your team can overcome bad officiating. As the Pats did last week vs Cincy

dunno about that, man. when i lived in boston, the pats fans would whine endlessly about any bad call. if the pats won (often, yes) then they would let stuff go. if they lost, however, all you would hear would be how the ref's screwed them.

complaining about referees is built into the dna of most fans.

This lets me know you still maintain a losers mentality. When you root for a winner you realize your team can overcome bad officiating. As the Pats did last week vs Cincy

Every player on the Bills should be absolutely confident they can win, regardless of the quality of the officiating. That said, biased officiating typically doesn't occur in a vacuum. It exists as a response to pressure. The kind of pressure Kraft can exert as a member of the rules committee.

It's acceptable for fans to exert pressure in the opposite direction. Pressure for nice, clean, unbiased officiating. If, on the other hand, we as fans signal we don't care about the quality or neutrality of officiating, there would be no reason for the NFL to care either. Why should the NFL care about something that doesn't matter to the fans?

Twice a year, it will be necessary for there to be a separate game day thread for officiating. For the other 14 games, there is a chance that the officiating won't be a big part of the game. Certainly not important enough to merit its own game day thread.

Use this thread to discuss your thoughts and feelings about officiating calls and non-calls. Commentary not related to officiating belongs in the game thread.

Are you kidding. After every Bills game there are numerous references to the officiating...especially if the Bills lose.