DeAndre Hopkins - No Effort on Game-ending fumble

thebandit27

I thought I was the only one that noticed this:

If I were Bill O'Brien I'd sit him for a game. Not going for a game-ending fumble out of an apparent desire not to get hurt?

Shameful.

Oh, and nice job taking some responsibility, DeAndre:

“That was a long game,” Hopkins said. “There is about an hour or 60 minutes in a game and I don’t think that five seconds or however long decided the outcome of the game. We had a lot of turnovers and they had turnovers. It’s football.”

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FireChan and I were discussing this in the game thread last night. I am glad you started a new thread on this.

"Shameful" was the word I used too. It's clear to me that he chickened out, which led to two guys who were further away getting the ball.

Edit: here is the video link

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/super-page/apparently-the-texans-deandre-hopkins-doesnt-believe-in-trying-to-recover-game-saving-fumbles/

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh

FireChan and I were discussing this in the game thread last night. I am glad you started a new thread on this.

"Shameful" was the word I used too. It's clear to me that he chickened out, which led to two guys who were further away getting the ball.

Had it just been the play that bothered me, I might've let it go...the total lack of ownership was what got me. I know he's young--contrast his attitude with Andre Johnson, who said his fumble earlier in the 4th let his teammates down (even though it probably should've been ruled an incomplete pass).

I thought I was the only one that noticed this:

https://twitter.com/...419757481136129

If I were Bill O'Brien I'd sit him for a game. Not going for a game-ending fumble out of an apparent desire not to get hurt?

Shameful.

Oh, and nice job taking some responsibility, DeAndre:

“That was a long game,” Hopkins said. “There is about an hour or 60 minutes in a game and I don’t think that five seconds or however long decided the outcome of the game. We had a lot of turnovers and they had turnovers. It’s football.”

That was pretty weak. Film don't lie!

he also went out of bounds pretty early on a reception i think at end of half or game, could have gained another 6-8 yards i think but trouted out of bounds so it seems he doesnt like contact

how about the defender earlier who luckily touched Hilton...im amazed how often i see defenders not touch player just to be sure they are considered down

Edited by Max997

Had it just been the play that bothered me, I might've let it go...the total lack of ownership was what got me. I know he's young--contrast his attitude with Andre Johnson, who said his fumble earlier in the 4th let his teammates down (even though it probably should've been ruled an incomplete pass).

bingo - a simple "ive got to do better" or even "i misjudged the play" but his "whatever" approach to it really is embarrassing.

Yea pretty lame comment. Could have taken ownership. Not sure if he thought it was a forward pass of not, but still gotta make an effort.

Dont blame Hopkins for the inevitable Fitztragic "turnover on the final drive".

I'm not blaming him; I'm asking him to take accountability for his actions. If he gives a full effort and doesn't recover it, that's fine and dandy. To turtle like that, and then shirk any responsibility, is bush league IMO.

Okay, but don't give a pass to players like Hopkins and Johnson who helped lose the game. Fitz makes the last mistake but not the only mistake.

Im obviously taking this a lot less seriously than the rest of you, but even the full effort of 52 other players cannot move the Sun in the Universe.

That 53rd player is Fitz, and just like the Sun in the sky, he was going to turn it over on that last drive. If Hopkins recovers that fumble, Fitz is throwing a pick on the next play. Even JJ Watt taking it on himself to be the best offensive player cant overcome that Fitzmagic we know so well.

I'm going to give those players a pass because... well, Im not their coach, and in reality, we arent in a position to give them a pass or not.

Edited by DrDareustein

Heh, I had something similar happen in a game I was playing in and I saw my teammate already had the ball. When I dove in to the scrum I landed a nice knee to the ribs of the opposing CB. He was sore. He was also a major d-head.