"Experts" take on F'ing Cheatriots @ EL PEGUAL BILLS

CodeMonkey

They struggled to put away Oak... lost to Miami and KC... and had one legit victory over a decent team, and they are top 5, that's really really weird. Is there a write up on this ELO? I generally trust the author in other arenas, but this just isn't adding up to me O.o

This is all that I have seen so far.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/datalab/introducing-nfl-elo-ratings/

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough game to call. It completely depends upon which Pats team shows up. The one from the Cincy game looked determined and very united. The one that played every other game was discombobulated and didn't strike an ounce of fear into anyone. I'm thinking Orton gets a second week with the starters and unloads on the Pats LB corps (weak) with a lot of plays in the short game to stay away from Browner and Revis. The slot receiver will see plenty of action and the Bills will control the TOP for a 24-17 win. Dareus continues to wreak havoc and picks up 2 more sacks against a piss-poor Pats OL. Brady needs to get rattled early.

This is either a Bills blow out or a close lose to the Pats.There is really nothing to suggest NE should win this game except the past. Today right now Buffalo is a better team at home.

Lets hope the boys are preparing and focused this week, they will beat NE if so.

If by "today" you mean based on the last game played, I would say that the Pats are the better team. They dominated a team many felt to be the best in the AFC while the Bills were fortunate to win a game thanks to a struggling Lions PK.

If the Bills win, the experts take will be the Patriots really are going in the toilet and last week was an aberration possible by a serious of fortunate and unsustainable events in the Bengals game.

As much as I'm confident that the Bills *can* beat them, I don't think we should all get overconfident in that the Bills will roll.

Brady is still Brady and will find a way to move the ball. Gronkowski is healthy, their second TE (Wright) showed some flashes last Sunday, and who knows what WR will show up (it could be one of many).

I want the Bills to steamroll them, but I don't see that happening. I see a close game. Pressure Brady to no end and run Freddy, throw to Freddy, and sprinkle in some Sammy and the Bills can pull out the W.

I am not overconfident, but I don't see any reason why we CAN'T win. Usually, that is not the case with the Pats*. They didn't look good in 3/5 games, against teams that are anywhere from average to bad. I think the Bills D has looked good to great in 5/5 games. The Bills are also a tough team to beat at home.

Tough game to call. It completely depends upon which Pats team shows up. The one from the Cincy game looked determined and very united. The one that played every other game was discombobulated and didn't strike an ounce of fear into anyone. I'm thinking Orton gets a second week with the starters and unloads on the Pats LB corps (weak) with a lot of plays in the short game to stay away from Browner and Revis.

The Pats LB corps (of Mayo, Hightower and Collins) are a strength and one of the better in the AFC. Combined with the secondary, it could be argued the Pats back 7 is the best in the AFC and top 3 in the NFL. Where they are "weakest" is up front on the DL though, with Wilfork and Jones, they have enough fire power upfront to be very disruptive if not dominating, depending on the OL matchup.

If by "today" you mean based on the last game played, I would say that the Pats are the better team. They dominated a team many felt to be the best in the AFC while the Bills were fortunate to win a game thanks to a struggling Lions PK.

Nope,

i mean this year. Look at who the Pats have beat and been beat by. Sorry these guys are not the team we are use to seeing. The Bengals are still the Bengals. M. Lewis can not get his team ready to play in a big game. To me that win against Cincy was to be expected.

The Pats got destroyed by the Chefs! What are ok but should not blow any legit contender out like they did. I see you give their back 7 for being maybe the best in the AFC? Same secondary that made Alex Smith look like Brady.

STOP with the NE crap, they are a below average TEAM with a great QB on the decline and a Hall of Fame Coach.

IF the Bills play as a team and forget about the little guy on the side of the helmet(or whatever the Pats have now) they should kick this teams butt!

Nope,

i mean this year. Look at who the Pats have beat and been beat by. Sorry these guys are not the team we are use to seeing. The Bengals are still the Bengals. M. Lewis can not get his team ready to play in a big game. To me that win against Cincy was to be expected.

The Pats got destroyed by the Chefs! What are ok but should not blow any legit contender out like they did. I see you give their back 7 for being maybe the best in the AFC? Same secondary that made Alex Smith look like Brady.

STOP with the NE crap, they are a below average TEAM with a great QB on the decline and a Hall of Fame Coach.

IF the Bills play as a team and forget about the little guy on the side of the helmet(or whatever the Pats have now) they should kick this teams butt!

... and the Bills are a crappy Lions kicker away from having lost their last 3 games. Not sure I follow your logic here.

Yeah well, they missed 3 FGs which = 9 points. We gave them a pick 6 which = 7 points.

9-7=2. We won by 3.

OK, the Bills have lost 2 of their last 3 games then. My point to atlbillsfan1975 is .... they are not exactly playing from a position of recent success themselves as they head into this game. Certainly, based on this alone (nevermind past history between these 2 teams) it should be clear why people are picking the Pats in this game.