"Experts" take on F'ing Cheatriots @ EL PEGUAL BILLS

CodeMonkey

I would bet the house on the Bills IF the Pats didn't always get so many advantageous holding flags. This is likely the best defense Brady has ever faced with an O-line this poor. It could very well be a multi-sack blow out! But, there's always the flag effect...

The Pats the 3rd most penalized team in the NFL this year so you might get your wish.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all that I have seen so far.

http://fivethirtyeig...fl-elo-ratings/

Translation: Another Pat*s ball-washer, but this one has a computer.

I can't see how losing to Miami, getting shellacked by KC, and barely beating Oakland (at home), paired with one quality (at home) win translates to top 5 . . .

I would bet the house on the Bills IF the Pats didn't always get so many advantageous holding flags. This is likely the best defense Brady has ever faced with an O-line this poor. It could very well be a multi-sack blow out! But, there's always the flag effect...

the funny thing is I was peeking at their message board and they are complaining that they are the ones who are being flagged all the time!

... and the Bills are a crappy Lions kicker away from having lost their last 3 games. Not sure I follow your logic here.

Getting blown out is different than winning a game because of a few missed field goals. If the Lions had made a couple of those kicks the game might have taken on a different look. IE the Bills played more aggressive.

What happened to NE in KC was an annihilation . When is the last time NE got beat like that? Brady got pulled. BB conceding a loss. The fact that NE beat the equivalent of the MLB Oakland A's in Cincy,changes nothing in my mind.

NE can beat Buffalo, sure they can. IF Buffalo prepares and plays their best game and NE plays its best game, i like the Bills. Right now Buffalo has more talent across the roster except QB. I will take pretty much every other area of the Bills over NE.

NE also has the edge in HC, no doubt.

Let's see how this plays out.

Getting blown out is different than winning a game because of a few missed field goals. If the Lions had made a couple of those kicks the game might have taken on a different look. IE the Bills played more aggressive.

What happened to NE in KC was an annihilation . When is the last time NE got beat like that? Brady got pulled. BB conceding a loss. The fact that NE beat the equivalent of the MLB Oakland A's in Cincy,changes nothing in my mind.

NE can beat Buffalo, sure they can. IF Buffalo prepares and plays their best game and NE plays its best game, i like the Bills. Right now Buffalo has more talent across the roster except QB. I will take pretty much every other area of the Bills over NE.

NE also has the edge in HC, no doubt.

Let's see how this plays out.

OK, let me re-phrase this a different way.

If both teams play like they did in their most recent games, who do you think most would pick to win this game?

If both teams play like they did in their most recent games, who do you think most would pick to win this game?

Ok, the Patriots. There's your answer.

So the Patriots will win because the last game both teams played, the Patriots looked more impressive. Nevermind the circumstances, nor the rest of this season.

Ok, the Patriots. There's your answer.

So the Patriots will win because the last game both teams played, the Patriots looked more impressive. Nevermind the circumstances, nor the rest of this season.

Not sure the Pats will win but if you are looking for a reason why people are picking them to win .... basing it upon last week's games is as good a reason as any I would think.

So far from what i can see home field has been a big advantage this year. Maybe if the Bills had played Detroit or Chicago at home they would have beat them by 30 points. If the NE vs Cincy game was in Cincy what would the outcome have been?

To me this is a pick'em game. History will then be what motivates many of the people's pick. I am probably reading more into it, however if the 'experts' really stopped to think about it they may change their tune. The 'experts' see Buffalo vs NE and all know that Brady and BB are 22-2 against the Bills.

This is a very good match-up for Buffalo. NE is more a running team and Buffalo is stout against the run. The Bills can get pressure on Brady using 4.

I just do not see NE scoring more then 20+ unless the Bills help them.

Not sure the Pats will win but if you are looking for a reason why people are picking them to win .... basing it upon last week's games is as good a reason as any I would think.

I'd say it's not nearly that simple.

History - New England has a history of being really good, for the last 15ish years, the Bills, not so much

Starpower - Brady/Belichick are big names, and big names are easy picks

Laziness - We all know a great many "experts" basically only pay attention to the big market teams, because that's what they are paid to do.

I bet all these contribute, personally.

PFT is 2-0 NE

@ProFootballTalk: PFT's Week Six Picks, we suddenly don't suck at this anymore edition http://t.co/qErpWsvoC9

Btw it chaps my you know what that they say the bills didn't really deserve to win our last game. Why, because we played a team that employed a shatty kicker? So because they made the mistake of employing him, WE deserve to lose and not them? Because there was a fan pointing a laser in our players eyes? Because Darius Slay was allowed to treat Sammy like his prom date? Ok.

Edited by YoloinOhio

This game is going to be a shootout. Our defense has looked stout in every facet except the secondary, and Brady is starting to find his legs..er. arm. I'm giving it to the Bills on a CLOSE game, where special teams is the difference maker (field position battle/TD return)

Brady's QBR was lower than Manuels until the Bengals game. Every time NE has face a top defense this year they have crumbled. I don't think Gronk's return is all that. I also don't think they have fixed their OL problems. This could very well be a blowout. You can bet that the Buffalo defense is foaming at the mouth to get after that NE offense. They managed to score some points against a weak unprepared Cincy defense.....that ain't happening this Sunday.

Also, the NE defense is not what it used to be. The Bills will make some plays and I expect them to make it look relatively easy.

Add in home field advantage and this could really get ugly for NE. Maybe I'm just overly pumped because I'm going to be there......but I don't think so.

Translation: Another Pat*s ball-washer, but this one has a computer.

I can't see how losing to Miami, getting shellacked by KC, and barely beating Oakland (at home), paired with one quality (at home) win translates to top 5 . . .

Hahaha. You might want to read up on him a little before making statements like that :)

Around The NFL's power picks: Week 6

Welcome back to Around The NFL's weekly picks. This season will be a little different. We'll have all our picks as usual and include our Duracell Power Picks below them. That's the pick of the week we feel most confident in. (No easy calls allowed.)

PFT’s Week Six picks

Patriots at Bills

MDS’s take: I can’t figure out either of these teams, as evidenced by my picks. I thought going to Kyle Orton was a desperate move for a Bills team that was going nowhere next week, but they won. I thought the Patriots were looking old and washed up, but they won. So who wins when the teams meet on Sunday? The Patriots, who looked a lot more impressive than the Bills. With Sunday’s win, New England will be right back where it belongs atop the AFC East.

MDS’s pick: Patriots 28, Bills 20.

Florio’s take: The Pegula era likely won’t start the way the Wilson era ended. But it’ll start the same way the Wilson era began 54 years ago — with a loss. The Patriots are awake, and the Bills scored a win in Detroit they really didn’t deserve.

Florio’s pick: Patriots 30, Bills 20.

In my opinion the trick for the Bills will be not letting up if Brady and Gronk start connecting. You can bet Brady will be targeting the Bills soft secondary. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills defense plays stout but occasionally lets up a 20 - 30 yarder. If the offense stays error free and balanced we should see a game that comes down to the end in the Bills favor. Or I could be completely wrong and the Bills just gash the Pats and put up 40+ points. Both scenarios are acceptable.