"Experts" take on F'ing Cheatriots @ EL PEGUAL BILLS

CodeMonkey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just heard Schlereth on espn: Bills went to Orton because they really believe they can win the division this year, and a veteran QB gives them the best chance. OK, so far, so good. But then this: "they have a good defense, a really good running game and a good offensive line." Oh. Nevermind. So much for the "experts." Picks the Pats in a close one. I guess I agree 2/3 with him.

Just heard Schlereth on espn: Bills went to Orton because they really believe they can win the division this year, and a veteran QB gives them the best chance. OK, so far, so good. But then this: "they have a good defense, a really good running game and a good offensive line." Oh. Nevermind. So much for the "experts." Picks the Pats in a close one. I guess I agree 2/3 with him.

This seems to be the company line on NFL Network. I've heard it spouted several times.

Week 6 NFL Picks: Can Cowboys hold their own against Seahawks?

patriots-bills-week-6.jpg

Karma has to favor the Bills, with local saviors Terry and Kim Pegula formally taking ownership of the team this week, after Buffalo’s stirring 17-point comeback and last-second win on Sunday at Detroit, the longtime home of former Bills owner Ralph Wilson. But New England had its own cathartic performance in that statement-game rout of the previously undefeated Bengals last Sunday night, and it could signal the beginning of New England returning to a semblance of the form that has allowed it to rule this division for so long. I hate to suggest this AFC East first-place showdown will be determined by anything quite so mundane as pass protection, but if the Patriots can adequately protect Tom Brady from Buffalo’s pass rush, New England will find a way to prevail for the 10th time in 11 seasons in Orchard Park.

Didn't the Pats get killed against the spread the last year or two?

According to www.predictem.com, the Patriots were 8-8 against the spread in 2013. All teams ranged between 11-5 (SEA) and 5-11 (WAS). The majority of teams (18) went between 7-9 and 9-7 against the spread.

The Patriots were 9-7 against the spread in 2011 and 2012, 10-5-1 in 2010.

Edited by Jared