"Experts" take on F'ing Cheatriots @ EL PEGUAL BILLS

CodeMonkey

With a tip of the hat to Yolo for the game title :)

CBS with spread (Bills +3.5): 5 take the F'ing Cheatriots and 3 take the EL PEGUAL BILLS.

CBS straight up: 7 take the F'ing Cheatriots and 1 take the EL PEGUAL BILLS. The computer takes the EL PEGUAL BILLS.

ESPN straight up: 9 plus the computer take the F'ing Cheatriots and 4 take the EL PEGUAL BILLS.

Fox Sports straight up: 6 plus the computer (Microsofts Cortana says 53% chance) take the F'ing Cheatriots and 1 take the EL PEGUAL BILLS.

Nate Silvers Elo has the game as the F'ing Cheatriots as a 3 point favorite with a 60% chance of winning.

This system went 13-2 last week .... with one of the two wrong being the Bills winning ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nate Silvers ELo has the game as the F'ing Cheatriots as a 3 point favorite with a 60% chance of winning.

Surprised by that. The Patriots have been ranking pretty low in most metrics this year. The Bengals game must have boosted their standing quite a bit.

The magic powers of the Fred Jackson Jockstrap will once again be revealed for all to see. I predict a big day for FredEx. NE has been creaming all over him,

http://www.enterprisenews.com/article/20141007/SPORTS/141006957/2000/NEWS

http://www.csnne.com/blog/patriots-talk/age-just-number-buffalos-jackson

but Fred will wipe that off and kick NE's ass. I'm calling my shot, over 150 yards of total O from Freddy.

Surprised by that. The Patriots have been ranking pretty low in most metrics this year. The Bengals game must have boosted their standing quite a bit.

Yeah it has surprised me for the past few weeks. In fact, here is the top 5 according to that rating system now:

Seattle

Denver

SF

SD

NE

(The Bills are currently 20th)

That system has had NE consistently fairly high all season so far. They were in 7th prior to blowing out Cinci.

"The New England Patriots’ 43-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals was the most impressive performance of the week, according to Elo, and earned the Patriots a gain of 29 Elo points."

Edited by CodeMonkey

This is either a Bills blow out or a close lose to the Pats.There is really nothing to suggest NE should win this game except the past. Today right now Buffalo is a better team at home.

Lets hope the boys are preparing and focused this week, they will beat NE if so.

Last season, we lost to the Pats* at the last minute on a FG. This was in EJ's first game and TJ Graham starting at WR. Marrone's first game. Hackett's first game. This team is MUCH better than that team, IMO. And we now have two ex-Pats* on our side. The only thing that gives me pause is the 2 corners on the Pats*, Revis and Browner. If we can overcome them, I see no reason why can't win, as I think we are the better TEAM.

This game is going to be a shootout. Our defense has looked stout in every facet except the secondary, and Brady is starting to find his legs..er. arm. I'm giving it to the Bills on a CLOSE game, where special teams is the difference maker (field position battle/TD return)

I don't see this as a shootout at all. I think the Bills D will pressure Brady all day and not give him time to throw. I think the Bills hold the Pats to 20 points and score 27 to win.

It is hard to bet a spread in a game this close. On paper it looks simple but in reality its not. The Bills always stay close in the first matchup and it is the second matchup we get whipped.

I would take the Bills to beat the spread. I would hope I could take the Bills to win but haven't settled myself up on it yet. Heart says Bills.

I love when all the experts pick our opponents to win. If it irks me the Bills never get any respect imagine what it does to the players themselves. Is it any wonder they've been knocking guys out of the game every week?

Where I live no one pays attention to the Bills, of course. The local media were going through the Browns schedule and said their game AT Buffalo was an "easy win." I almost spit out my water when I heard that. No win is "easy" for the Browns and wtf do they think they are going to easily beat the Bills at The Ralph? Then they said "some people believe the Bills have a good defense." Yes, the stats believe that too you dumba*ses. Sorry but it gets on my nerves!

Yeah it has surprised me for the past few weeks. In fact, here is the top 5 according to that rating system now:

Seattle

Denver

SF

SD

NE

(The Bills are currently 20th)

That system has had NE consistently fairly high all season so far. They were in 7th prior to blowing out Cinci.

"The New England Patriots’ 43-17 win over the Cincinnati Bengals was the most impressive performance of the week, according to Elo, and earned the Patriots a gain of 29 Elo points."

They struggled to put away Oak... lost to Miami and KC... and had one legit victory over a decent team, and they are top 5, that's really really weird. Is there a write up on this ELO? I generally trust the author in other arenas, but this just isn't adding up to me O.o

Edited by Dorkington

As much as I'm confident that the Bills *can* beat them, I don't think we should all get overconfident in that the Bills will roll.

Brady is still Brady and will find a way to move the ball. Gronkowski is healthy, their second TE (Wright) showed some flashes last Sunday, and who knows what WR will show up (it could be one of many).

I want the Bills to steamroll them, but I don't see that happening. I see a close game. Pressure Brady to no end and run Freddy, throw to Freddy, and sprinkle in some Sammy and the Bills can pull out the W.