EJ should be watching the seahawks

I know i'll get lots of bad responses but as Ron White said about his wife "you can give a woman boob job, nose, job, lipo, etc etc etc."

You can't fix stupid!

Before the EJ lovers kill me, I'm not saying he's stupid. He seems like a great guy. You just can't teach smart decision making, and quick thinking. He'll never get there. Russell Wilson is not necessarily smarter than EJ, but he is football smart. RW makes excellent football decisions knowing when to run or Throw, and when to slide.

He's just an excellent franchise QB. EJ will never get there. When people cite the Peyton Manning teams wher his rookie year he did not play well. They are leaving out when you are picked high as a rookie, your team sucks. EJ had talent around him and is doing nothing sith it. Orton is a hold over and again we need a franchise QB.

This is why I'm so pissed at Indy. Really, you get Manning and Luck for basically without injury 30 years of franchise QB's. C'mon man!

Can any of you imagine a Luck type QB in 98 after Kelly retired in 96? What would this tea, look like with a retiring QB now after 25-30 years of excellent play.

I think EJ could learn alit by watching how the read option works and how it works better when you actually end and option it. EJ looks lost on the read option and seems to not want to tur. The corner and take off by himslef

is this what a drunk text looks like? cool. just don't be drivin'

I know i'll get lots of bad responses but as Ron White said about his wife "you can give a woman boob job, nose, job, lipo, etc etc etc."

You can't fix stupid!

Before the EJ lovers kill me, I'm not saying he's stupid. He seems like a great guy. You just can't teach smart decision making, and quick thinking. He'll never get there. Russell Wilson is not necessarily smarter than EJ, but he is football smart. RW makes excellent football decisions knowing when to run or Throw, and when to slide.

He's just an excellent franchise QB. EJ will never get there. When people cite the Peyton Manning teams wher his rookie year he did not play well. They are leaving out when you are picked high as a rookie, your team sucks. EJ had talent around him and is doing nothing sith it. Orton is a hold over and again we need a franchise QB.

This is why I'm so pissed at Indy. Really, you get Manning and Luck for basically without injury 30 years of franchise QB's. C'mon man!

Can any of you imagine a Luck type QB in 98 after Kelly retired in 96? What would this tea, look like with a retiring QB now after 25-30 years of excellent play.

Why can't you teach/learn smart decision making? Rodgers had to sit behind Favre to learn how to read NFL defenses. Brees got shipped off to New Orleans because the Chargers didn't think he had it. EJ made improvements reading defenses and making quick decisions. Some of his decisions were too quick not allowing receivers routes to develop because of the pressure he was feeling from the pass rush, I.e. the throw to Woods in the Chargers game. EJs problem was his accuracy. He simply wasn't making the key throws when needed. The book on EJ was he was accurate on short to intermediate routes, but not so on the long balls. Orton is just the medicine EJ needs to becoming a franchise NFL QB

Why can't you teach/learn smart decision making? Rodgers had to sit behind Favre to learn how to read NFL defenses. Brees got shipped off to New Orleans because the Chargers didn't think he had it. EJ made improvements reading defenses and making quick decisions. Some of his decisions were too quick not allowing receivers routes to develop because of the pressure he was feeling from the pass rush, I.e. the throw to Woods in the Chargers game. EJs problem was his accuracy. He simply wasn't making the key throws when needed. The book on EJ was he was accurate on short to intermediate routes, but not so on the long balls. Orton is just the medicine EJ needs to becoming a franchise NFL QB

Bolded part is not correct. Brees went to the probowl while with San Diego and was franchised by SD next year and named to the probowl again. Next year Brees was a FA and shopped the market; NO outbid SD (who was scared off from offering him the big bucks due to his injured shoulder and surgery). No "shipping" by SD possible. Brees did require 3 seasons to become that probowl player, but his 1st year as starter wasn't bad (8-8) and arguably the situation there was aggrevated by that consummate team player, Flutie.

I'm happy to see what Orton can deliver, just can't use Brees being shipped off to NO because the Chargers didn't recognize his talent as an argument for EJ needing a while to "get it".

Edited by Hopeful

We can debate whether EJ will ever "get it" forever. Time and performance will answer that question.

The important thing is to properly ADDRESS THE CONCERN. Bring in Mark Sanchez (or other). Draft another in the 2nd or 3rd. Please, for once, get ahead of the question with talent at thee most important position on the field.

Bolded part is not correct. Brees went to the probowl while with San Diego and was franchised by SD next year and named to the probowl again. Next year Brees was a FA and shopped the market; NO outbid SD (who was scared off from offering him the big bucks due to his injured shoulder and surgery). No "shipping" by SD possible. Brees did require 3 seasons to become that probowl player, but his 1st year as starter wasn't bad (8-8) and arguably the situation there was aggrevated by that consummate team player, Flutie.

I'm happy to see what Orton can deliver, just can't use Brees being shipped off to NO because the Chargers didn't recognize his talent as an argument for EJ needing a while to "get it".

And to top all of that there were several teams that were not even interested in Brees because of his injury. A few QB hungry teams did not express interest in him for both salary and the injury. NO was the only team willing to fork over a ton of money.

And to top all of that there were several teams that were not even interested in Brees because of his injury. A few QB hungry teams did not express interest in him for both salary and the injury. NO was the only team willing to fork over a ton of money.

Imagine what could have been had the dolphins picked Brees instead of Culppeper. Brees and Brady in the same division would have been nightmarish.

You can't fix stupid!

And to think we could have had Wilson for a song.

Why can't you teach/learn smart decision making? Rodgers had to sit behind Favre to learn how to read NFL defenses. Brees got shipped off to New Orleans because the Chargers didn't think he had it.

While I agree with the sentiment of your post, Brees didn't get "shipped off." He was not re-signed as a FA, primarily because there was concern he wouldn't recover from the shoulder injury, and on a secondary level because they had invested big in Rivers. Brees was a strong performer who was showing signs of the guy he would become, the season before he left SD.

I don't think EJ is going to be that good, but if there's hope, it's definitely to be found in the success of guys like Brees and Rogers.

Great post, but way too rational and calm for this message board.