Flash to Marrone: Spller up the middle dosen't work

rcatty

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you can fault both Spiller and the play-calling.

If they wanted to establish a power running game, CJ isn't the guy to use up the middle. At the same time, CJ dances too much looking for a huge hole and gets wrapped up too easily for little or no gain. Hackett needs to call better plays - swing passes, screens, etc. so that Spiller can have some room. He can cause damage in the open field, but the play-calling hasn't been getting him there.

I can guarantee that there are several coaching staffs in the NFL that could properly utilize Spiller's talent. Yes he is not a good power runner, but there are plays for him to make if it can just be schemed properly.

It's a joke. Nate Hackett isn't a NFL OC. I get mad when I think about what Sean Payton or Chip Kelly could do with Spiller. We are wasting him.

Yeah. Just need to get spiller in space. Better blockers. A better QB. A better oc. Better play calls. You can't hinder him by splitting carries. And you most make sure he's healthy. Oh, and you must play on a full moon on Friday the 13th so that he can turn into a wolf.

Last year I thought I saw an article explaining the up the gun run on first down....something about getting 3 yards sets up a good situation for the rest of the series........

2 problems we have with this

- Hackett is extremely predictable.....everyone know that he is gonna run up the middle on 1st down

and

- Spiller is getting like a YARD on first down......like EVERY time. He absolutely is not the back for that play.

The whole not using Boobie thing is just bizarre in the only game we let him run he breaks off a huge run to help us win....since then....nothing

Sounds like we need to find a back and get an interior line who can actually run the game plan.

Wait, I'm sorry. We need to "get him in space." Yes, yes, that's it! Get him in space. That should be easy and it sounds kinda insider-ish. Get him in space. That's the solution that's right in front of the coaching staff's face. Everyone on a message board knows it. How come they don't? Get him in space.

Edited by The Big Cat

I can guarantee that there are several coaching staffs in the NFL that could properly utilize Spiller's talent. Yes he is not a good power runner, but there are plays for him to make if it can just be schemed properly.

I agree. Chan Gailey was one of them. He was averaging like 7 yards per touch. All people on this board did was complain saying, "HE'S AVERAGING 7 YARDS PER TOUCH. GIVE HIM THE BALL MORE!!!!"

Little did they know that he was getting the 7 yards per touch because of his limited touches and how he was being used when he did get touches. I say let Fred and Bryce Brown (yes put him in the 53 man roster, find someone to eliminate), run between the tackles. Use Spiller in unique ways.

I agree. Chan Gailey was one of them. He was averaging like 7 yards per touch. All people on this board did was complain saying, "HE'S AVERAGING 7 YARDS PER TOUCH. GIVE HIM THE BALL MORE!!!!"

Little did they know that he was getting the 7 yards per touch because of his limited touches and how he was being used when he did get touches. I say let Fred and Bryce Brown (yes put him in the 53 man roster, find someone to eliminate), run between the tackles. Use Spiller in unique ways.

Please Hackett/Marrone... please

Sounds like we need to find a back and get an interior line who can actually run the game plan.

Wait, I'm sorry. We need to "get him in space." Yes, yes, that's it! Get him in space. That should be easy and it sounds kinda insider-ish. Get him in space. That's the solution that's right in front of the coaching staff's face. Everyone on a message board knows it. How come they don't? Get him in space.

If Spiller doesn't fit the gameplan then they should trade him and play Bryce Brown. Forcing a player into a style of play he's not suited for is a waste of everyone's time.