TJ Graham of the New York Jets

johnwalter

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to bet many (most) of the fans currently calling for Hackett's head were the same ones calling for Crossman's.

I'm still calling for Hackett's head.... don't remember about Crossman... wasn't our only real issue the punter who is now gone?

Also, wouldn't you want them to block so you can get the backwards pass of cleanly? It's not like those guys could wheel around and get TJ Graham in the unlikely event that it worked ...

I am not saying I agree with it, but it is by design to let them go by. But they aren't supposed to circle around and like fools as they go by either, but start running and blocking down field. Like I said, the whole play was a mess. Just horrible execution on a play that might work 1 out of 100 times...

I am not saying I agree with it, but it is by design to let them go by. But they aren't supposed to circle around and like fools as they go by either, but start running and blocking down field. Like I said, the whole play was a mess. Just horrible execution on a play that might work 1 out of 100 times...

...and one that should be called off when the kick sails 9 yards deep into the end zone. Ye Gods, but it was boneheaded!

I'm still calling for Hackett's head.... don't remember about Crossman... wasn't our only real issue the punter who is now gone?

Oh man, this board was LOADED with complaints that Crossman sucked, was a Marrone crony, proof of how cheap Jeff Littman was, and responsible for the Lindbergh baby kidnapping, SuperStorm Sandy, and Home Run Throwback. He would never get better ever because he had failed elsewhere, and any mention of the quality of the players was OBD propaganda filtered through homer glasses.

Now I think those people have just done global search and replace... Crossman out, Hackett in.

Tj the only receiver Tooltime had at his disposal? You want to see if somehow a tj curse exists???

Tooltime followers. I cant understand them. Omg. Really....

Even ej who is pretty bad is waaaaaaayyyyyyy greater than Tooltime. I thought we covered this already.

While TJ wasn't Tuel's only target he WAS the only target that was resulting in catastrophic results for Tuel. It started last year in preseason. Tuel would put up accurate, catchable deep passes for TJ, but TJ stopped or didn't realize the ball was coming. Then the KC pick 6, which happened to be targeting TJ. His fumble 6 lost Tuel that game. This year in preseason Tuel made some nice passes to TJ. One was a throw on the run on 3rd & 10 but TJ only ran a 9 yard route. Another was popped off of TJs stone hands for an INT. Perhaps his INT vs Cleveland was not to TJ (actually it was Hogan), but that is the only mistake of Tuel's NFL career that doesn't somehow involve TJ. Remember Jordan Palmer? Every single INT he threw was to TJ. He wasn't even capable of playing DB on those throws. Most of EJs INTs were contested balls to TJ. Russell Wilson was benched and transfered when TJ was his top WR. Without TJ he's a Super Bowl winning franchise QB. Between the losses, INTs and TJs constant fumbles, it could've destroyed Wilson's career had he not transferred. Even this year, TJ vs the Pats, he was awful! (he's not on the team yet still screwing us!) The Jets should have won but TJ was out there falling down on routes. It actually resulted in a botched defensive holding call on one of TJs falls, but that didn't offset all the poor routes and mistakes he made. No catching or route running ability. It's not fair to judge a QB who had to endure the suckiness that is TJ.

Oh man, this board was LOADED with complaints that Crossman sucked, was a Marrone crony, proof of how cheap Jeff Littman was, and responsible for the Lindbergh baby kidnapping, SuperStorm Sandy, and Home Run Throwback. He would never get better ever because he had failed elsewhere, and any mention of the quality of the players was OBD propaganda filtered through homer glasses.

Now I think those people have just done global search and replace... Crossman out, Hackett in.

The best part about Crossman kidnapping the Lindbergh baby as well as finishing with the second worst ST in the entire league, was the guy that most everyone longed for to coach the ST was Bobby April.

Bobby April coached the Raiders ST last year, who finished 32nd and last.

While TJ wasn't Tuel's only target he WAS the only target that was resulting in catastrophic results for Tuel. It started last year in preseason. Tuel would put up accurate, catchable deep passes for TJ, but TJ stopped or didn't realize the ball was coming. Then the KC pick 6, which happened to be targeting TJ. His fumble 6 lost Tuel that game. This year in preseason Tuel made some nice passes to TJ. One was a throw on the run on 3rd & 10 but TJ only ran a 9 yard route. Another was popped off of TJs stone hands for an INT. Perhaps his INT vs Cleveland was not to TJ (actually it was Hogan), but that is the only mistake of Tuel's NFL career that doesn't somehow involve TJ. Remember Jordan Palmer? Every single INT he threw was to TJ. He wasn't even capable of playing DB on those throws. Most of EJs INTs were contested balls to TJ. Russell Wilson was benched and transfered when TJ was his top WR. Without TJ he's a Super Bowl winning franchise QB. Between the losses, INTs and TJs constant fumbles, it could've destroyed Wilson's career had he not transferred. Even this year, TJ vs the Pats, he was awful! (he's not on the team yet still screwing us!) The Jets should have won but TJ was out there falling down on routes. It actually resulted in a botched defensive holding call on one of TJs falls, but that didn't offset all the poor routes and mistakes he made. No catching or route running ability. It's not fair to judge a QB who had to endure the suckiness that is TJ.

This is seriously awesome.

Don't forget when fitz threw that game-ending pick in the end zone against the pats on the last drive. TJ ran the wrong route.

The only time he ever did anything positive was in that game against the jets when there were 30 mph winds; since he was already so out of position, he was able to catch a severely wind-blown bomb for a TD.

The best part about Crossman kidnapping the Lindbergh baby as well as finishing with the second worst ST in the entire league, was the guy that most everyone longed for to coach the ST was Bobby April.

Bobby April coached the Raiders ST last year, who finished 32nd and last.

Ha! I didn't know that. Makes it all the more amusing....

Even though a lot of that is untrue, it's still epic. Kudos. :lol: :lol:

Which parts are untrue ?

Tuel had a lot more problems than the ones he listed. He couldn't handle any rush, and he had a rag arm, amongst a dozen other problems.

Russell Wilson was not at all benched and had to transfer. He was great his senior year (all of them actually) and had already graduated. He also played minor league baseball and his HC in football at NC state didn't want him to play both, so he transferred and didn't have to sit out a year because he graduated already to go to Wisconsin who said he could play both. His coach later regretted he didnt let Wilson play as a freshman because they would have had him four years instead of three.

ahh , the memories .....

exactly how i recall it . Those were the days my friend. Wasn't he number 11 ?

This. My favorite Tuel-killing TJ moment was in the Cleveland game. Bills still had the lead, and Tuel unleashes a beautiful 40-yard rainbow room-service dime up the right sideline to TJ. Hits TJ in both hands in-stride, 6 points guaranteed. TJ dropped it. He always had the knack for coming up smaller than his stature. Getting rid of TJ was addition by subtraction. Too bad it cost us two picks and Russell Wilson to do it.