How about those laser pointers?

Big C

Police catch alleged laser culprit:

Mark Beslach was issued a misdemeanor citation for disorderly conduct and will have to appear in court and likely pay a small fine.

Police confiscated the laser pen he allegedly used after tracking Beslach through social media, where he apparently boasted about the incident.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11669862/police-catch-alleged-laser-culprit-detroit-lions-game

he still had it? lord.... all he had to do was toss the pointer and say he saw it and was being an idiot taking credit on twitter but it wasnt him. i guess theyd potentially get people around him to weigh in but they clearly didnt tell security...

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The laser Guy was on somebody else's ticket (a season ticket holder).. well that person is banned too. So i guess this serves as a warning, be careful who you give or sell your tickets to.

Hopefully the owner of those season tickets does us all a favor and makes this kid disappear. It shouldn't be too difficult, there's already enough crime in Detroit.

Maybe it was a friend who owned the seats sitting with him?

Maybe you will know or someone else will know but I am very interested; If he bought the tickets from NFL ticket exchange or another type of service where the owner does not actually know the recipient - what then?

Now if he was using laser pointer on refs everybody would be giving him an award.

If I was a Ref in that game I'd have made a statement Monday saying just that so I would be forgiven from all my horrible calls.

nobody knows who this kid is and nobody will remember this by this time next yr. a "lifetime ban" is a joke. he will be back at the game with a ticket from craigslist next time we play them doing the same thing. i don't see how this solved the problem. they didn't even say that they were going to be searching for laser pens going forward. they just swept it under the carpet, no big deal

Maybe you will know or someone else will know but I am very interested; If he bought the tickets from NFL ticket exchange or another type of service where the owner does not actually know the recipient - what then?

If I was a Ref in that game I'd have made a statement Monday saying just that so I would be forgiven from all my horrible calls.

That is a good question, considering the NFL promotes and directly profits off NFL-TEx. They never mention in their ads that you risk losing your seats if an asswipe buys your tickets.

That is a good question, considering the NFL promotes and directly profits off NFL-TEx. They never mention in their ads that you risk losing your seats if an asswipe buys your tickets.

there is zero risk to a STH who sells through the NFL ticket exchange.

Edited by papazoid

Even better they punished season ticket holder who sold him a ticket.

Wonder if was a friend/family member or just someone trying to cut their costs for season tickets.

what if it was an anonymous resale like Ticket Exchange?

can they really blame the STH then?