Game Balls vs. Detroit

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh for God sakes, give it up. Empty 300 yards???

This was a #1 defense. He got the ball to receivers on time and where they could catch it. Oh, and he didn't get any of his WRs killed.

He hasn't started in forever, came in, and led the team to a tough road win.

Amen! He looked rusty early, but KO was very composed as the game went on. His receivers (especially Watkins) stepped up to make him look better, but that is not an accident.

Sorry, we can do better than that. They missed 3 fgs, he threw a pick 6, our D was amazing, and on his GW driving, our rookie had maybe the best catch of the year.

Orton was what he is. But we need more. We lucked out big today. We deserve as Bills fan but that was not a great offensive performance.

You leave out context on the road against the top defense that was a great offensive performance . We won time of possession on the road against a team that 2 weeks ago shut down the packers and held Rodgers to a 160 yards and a td .

Winning shouldn't be about looking perfect every time its about making the plays that need to be made to win the game .

We scored 1 offensive td and had check downs all day. I know we have to rip EJ as much as possible but that was an empty 300 yards.

We stole a W, which is awesome. MVPs are Watkins, Dareus, Schwartz, & their kicker.

An empty 300 yards? Really?? Just about all of those yards came after the Bills went down by two scores against the #1 defense in the NFL and with no running game. Come on.

What I liked most about Orton today is that after throwing a bad pick six, he did not get flustered and still gunned it around if the passes were there. He did not go into a shell.

Edited by dave mcbride

Just reminds me of the Trent - to - Fitz switch. Orton may not be a world beater, but we went from a guy who was extremely tentative like Edwards to a guy who just doesn't seem scared in Orton. And I've seen a lot of Orton over the years living in Denver. Say what you will about him, he's tough -- EJ likely would have folded after that awful offensive start - O line like a sieve again in the first quarter - but Kyle hung in there and got it done.

No love for Fred Jackson?? He made plays when no one else was making them. He rallied the troops at 14-0 down. FredEx delivers.

he just keeps making plays. Had he been ok and playing that second-to-last drive, I have no doubt they would've scored then.

Amazing player. Respect.

An empty 300 yards? Really?? Just about all of those yards came after the Bills went down by two scores against the #1 defense in the NFL and with no running game. Come on.

What I liked most about Orton today is that after throwing a bad pick six, he did not get flustered and still gunned it around if the passes were there. He did not go into a shell.

Exactly.

It's not like Orton did nothing in the game. He also checked to the run for the 2 point conversion.

Sour grapes.

Oh for God sakes, give it up. Empty 300 yards???

This was a #1 defense. He got the ball to receivers on time and where they could catch it. Oh, and he didn't get any of his WRs killed.

He hasn't started in forever, came in, and led the team to a tough road win.

Missed this when I posted my reaction! We're in agreement.

Game Balls:

Orton (checked to a run on the Jackson two-point conversion, 308 yds)

Sammy

Carpenter

Schwartz (emotional speech, defensive game plan)

Jackson (pass protects, 8.3 ypc today)

Add Dareus and Charles and you nailed it. DT's were lighting up the Detroit Oline today!