Is Kyle Orton Lucky or what ?

HOUSE

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Orton is not lucky; he is however richer than he would have been if he stayed in Dallass.

There are two types of QBs - those who are good at taking advantage of chaos including breakdowns of OL and those who are better standing in pocket and waiting for right throw while OL gives extra seconds. Kyle appears to be latter type and with recent performance of OL will not have opportunity to wait for best match. It is similar to how Stevie Johnson affected QBs with his unorthodox play - some QBs got it and others didn't and I think he was a good match for Fitzpatrick due to his high intelligence and ability to determine where Stevie probably would go.

Kyle Orton holds out in Dallas, is waived and pockets 3 million. The Bills beg him to come to Buffalo, he refuses then Doug Whaley raises the offer. He now receives 5 million per season plus he then pockets the 3 mil from Dallas, Total 8 million for the year!!

The Bills waive 3 backup quarterbacks then bench the starter after week #4, just as predicted by many....

Buffalo offense is loaded with some of the best Wide Receivers in the NFL and all he really needs to do is look better then EJ Manuel who was dreadful.....Is this really impossible ? ? :rolleyes:

The Bills have a dynamic running attack so Orton can still WIN in bad weather as the DEFENSE holds most teams to minimum points.

It just so happens he signs with a team where the fans have completely forgotten what a real quarterback looks like...so if he passes for over 300 yards....... he receives the key to the city and fan worship......maybe his own TV show. "Sir Kyle Orton and his Merry Men" :worthy:

Must be nice ..........

We shall see how long this honeymoon will last. No matter what Orton does he will get a pass from the bash EJ crew.

Kyle Orton holds out in Dallas, is waived and pockets 3 million. The Bills beg him to come to Buffalo, he refuses then Doug Whaley raises the offer. He now receives 5 million per season plus he then pockets the 3 mil from Dallas, Total 8 million for the year!!

The Bills waive 3 backup quarterbacks then bench the starter after week #4, just as predicted by many....

Buffalo offense is loaded with some of the best Wide Receivers in the NFL and all he really needs to do is look better then EJ Manuel who was dreadful.....Is this really impossible ? ? :rolleyes:

The Bills have a dynamic running attack so Orton can still WIN in bad weather as the DEFENSE holds most teams to minimum points.

It just so happens he signs with a team where the fans have completely forgotten what a real quarterback looks like...so if he passes for over 300 yards....... he receives the key to the city and fan worship......maybe his own TV show. "Sir Kyle Orton and his Merry Men" :worthy:

Must be nice ..........

We'll see how lucky he looks running for his life.

But yeah he played the situation quite well.

And he is lucky he is playing for the Bills. After all these years of seeing below average QB play, our expectations as fans are so low. Even if his play is barely average for an NFL QB, we will view him as a success. Just making the plays an average NFL QB should be routinely expected to make, compared to what we have seen for so long, he could seem like the 2nd coming of Manning to us,lol. Look at how easily the Bills management and we fans overlooked the obvious flaws in Fitz.

Edited by simpleman

Must be nice ..........

Not true. We see them on TV every week.

Who says the smartest QBs have to graduate from Harvard!

He'd be luckier if the Bills had a better OL. But I doubt if he's feeling like complaining.

I question this statement only because I feel the lack of wonderful Oline play is more a result of a qb that doesn't challenge the defense enough to make them honest.

Its got to be difficult running when the defense doesn't believe the QB will look deep. Or they just overload the Oline to rattle EJ...either way, I think there is lots of talent there.

I question this statement only because I feel the lack of wonderful Oline play is more a result of a qb that doesn't challenge the defense enough to make them honest.

Its got to be difficult running when the defense doesn't believe the QB will look deep. Or they just overload the Oline to rattle EJ...either way, I think there is lots of talent there.

Really? It not like these guys have been blitzing. 4 man stunts blowing by the pass blocking is what I have seen. I'm not sure how you keep that honest unless you run draws toward the spots vacated by the stunts.

You need Your five o line guys need to win vs a 4 man rush, but they haven't been. And any defense that wins that match up sending 4, and dropping seven to cover at most 5 will likely to succeed.

Idk about lucky, but he must have one hell of an agent. Seriously, I'm guessing it's one of two things here, either he made a cash grab plain and simple or he knew he was in a bad situation in Dallas. Perhaps the truth lies in the middle but well see in a few hours.

Must be nice ..........

good for him, good for us, quit complaining.