Bills aren't going to hold back this weekend

Folks I'm just going to say this quite simply, the Bills aren't going to apologize this weekend. We went from decent college prospect to NFL QB. You think that we prepared this team to literally hold all from no real running & a great pass rush on defense for a reason ? You bet, it's because we will actually score. Our team with Orton in place is not a normal offense, it's an explosion of passing. Running will be involved but Detroit will end up chasng our WR around the field without much success. Stafford has basically been abused more this season without as much talent chasing him as the Bills present, yet he's going to succeeed ?

The best chance for Detroit is to hope somehow Matt gets some type of protection, which isn't going to happen. I'd plan on the Bills to jump to a near insumountable lead early on & then really making a statement. Orton will find wide open WR & the Lions will crumble quick. I actually think that based on everything being equal, the Bills will roll to a 25 point victory.

Take the moneyline every chance you get, to maximize returns. I actually waited until after the switch in QB's to pound the difference home. Megatron has already been accounted for & that normal outlet Stafford has will not be open as planned. It's a pick 6 haven for abuse, great to see the oddsmaker think contrarian. Enjoy the win.

Edited by mitchmurraydowntown

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A victory here would just be gravy. I'm fully expecting a loss. This is Orton's practice game ahead of the big New England clash next weekend. The best chance the Bills have in Detroit isn't Orton in my opinion...it's the D coming up huge and stuffing the Lions, taking the ball away a few times and maybe even scoring themselves. So they have to win on D, win the special teams battle and show some competence on O. If not it's a big L.

A victory here would just be gravy. I'm fully expecting a loss. This is Orton's practice game ahead of the big New England clash next weekend. The best chance the Bills have in Detroit isn't Orton in my opinion...it's the D coming up huge and stuffing the Lions, taking the ball away a few times and maybe even scoring themselves. So they have to win on D, win the special teams battle and show some competence on O. If not it's a big L.

We had 3 takeaways & are near the top of the category, yet, we're 2-2. We had 3 takeaways last week, based on even decent QB this should of been a win. Why would we allow EJ to throw a majority of the time, especially after watch conservative ball in the first few games ? We only lost by 6 versus Houston, yet EJ was pulled ? Talk about a joke normally, guys don't losr their jobs losing close unless they themselves are the cause.

A win here would be huge, because after this week, which admittedly is dicey, there are seven wins in a row sitting there for the taking.

Look at the sked. If Orton can simply be average, there isn't a game between 10/12 and 11/30 that could be considered an automatic loss.

Edited by Thurmal34

I think we're at least in for a good game...

We have never seen our receivers thrown open nor have we seen

bubble screens (Sammy's specialty) or

Slants where the receiver is ready for the throw or

proper "jump balls" to Williams or

Woods getting involved early and often

We have a QB that can read a D and make every throw.

That's where I am as well. But if the D plays lights out then bets are off and we can get the W.

I think we're at least in for a good game...

We have never seen our receivers thrown open nor have we seen

bubble screens (Sammy's specialty) or

Slants where the receiver is ready for the throw or

proper "jump balls" to Williams or

Woods getting involved early and often

We have a QB that can read a D and make every throw.

Not trying to start an EJ crusade or anything--I actually want Orton in right now--but this is not true. EJ has done this quite a few times this season. People should be more careful when using the words 'never' and 'always'.

I will say it again, this team is three (3) errant throws by Manuel from being 4-0. the obvious completion to J.J. Watt, and the two missed that would have been TD's against the Chargers.

If Orton can play well, we have a real shot at the division, and I firmly believe that.

I see us moving the ball pretty well. This could be a huge statement game for our offense as EJ left probably 100+ recieving yards hanging last week. Our receivers were pretty open on a lot of plays. I think Kyle hits those and that will help us with the run. I legitimately think this group of young players and "washed up" quarterback will school the leagues best defense this week. On the flip side of that is absolutely no running game from detroit with bell out and really only reggie bush, megatron is hurt a little bit... I like this game

Edited by SJDK