Bills aren't going to hold back this weekend

Why do people think Orton is some world beater? The guy hasn't had a starting gig since Tebow beat him out. To expect miracles from him is pretty unfair and the same people that expect these miracles will be the same ones piling on him when he doesn't deliver them.

The cycle never ends...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people think Orton is some world beater? The guy hasn't had a starting gig since Tebow beat him out. To expect miracles from him is pretty unfair and the same people that expect these miracles will be the same ones piling on him when he doesn't deliver them.

The cycle never ends...

It wasn't really Tebow beating him out as much as Tebow being a 1st round pick and being a hyped up prospect. Orton is pretty solid, he just has gotten shafted with several situations.

It wasn't really Tebow beating him out as much as Tebow being a 1st round pick and being a hyped up prospect. Orton is pretty solid, he just has gotten shafted with several situations.

Coaches aren't going to bench a QB who is getting the job done for the next big thing. Coaches care about one thing, winning.

Coaches aren't going to bench a QB who is getting the job done for the next big thing. Coaches care about one thing, winning.

Not true. When pressured from management comes down, who knows what'll happen. Remember a little controversy with two guys named Flutie and Johnson?

The cycle never ends...

Because he is the closest thing that this franchise has had to a legitimate NFL starting QB since Bledsoe. We see how talented the rest of our team is and believe that an average NFL QB or better can win many games with this team. No miracles expected…just get the ball to our WRs without having to have them risk decapitation.

Folks I'm just going to say this quite simply, the Bills aren't going to apologize this weekend. We went from decent college prospect to NFL QB. You think that we prepared this team to literally hold all from no real running & a great pass rush on defense for a reason ? You bet, it's because we will actually score. Our team with Orton in place is not a normal offense, it's an explosion of passing. Running will be involved but Detroit will end up chasng our WR around the field without much success. Stafford has basically been abused more this season without as much talent chasing him as the Bills present, yet he's going to succeeed ?

The best chance for Detroit is to hope somehow Matt gets some type of protection, which isn't going to happen. I'd plan on the Bills to jump to a near insumountable lead early on & then really making a statement. Orton will find wide open WR & the Lions will crumble quick. I actually think that based on everything being equal, the Bills will roll to a 25 point victory.

Take the moneyline every chance you get, to maximize returns. I actually waited until after the switch in QB's to pound the difference home. Megatron has already been accounted for & that normal outlet Stafford has will not be open as planned. It's a pick 6 haven for abuse, great to see the oddsmaker think contrarian. Enjoy the win.

BOOM. Explosion blew up. Great game so far.....

You can use the whole playbook with ~10 year veteran, Orton's seen his fair share & shouldn't need a lot of coddling.

I think you missed my main point. It might have been useful to open the playbook up with the last QB, seeing as how, you know, not really trying and holding back cost him his job and all.

Does the title of this thread mean that the offense was "holding back" and not really trying? Which resulted in EJ Manuel getting benched. So now, they are going to use the full playbook with the guy that's been with the team a month? Yikes.

nope and yup