Bills aren't going to hold back this weekend

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Cyril Richardson will fall down on Suh, kick him in the sack, and Suh will go crazy and get thrown out of the game. After that, there will be holes for our running backs to run through. Then Nick Fairley will twist a knee trying to tackle CJ Spiller, and he'll be out too.

Bills 56 Bears negative three. I mean Lions. Da Bills.

A victory here would just be gravy. I'm fully expecting a loss. This is Orton's practice game ahead of the big New England clash next weekend. The best chance the Bills have in Detroit isn't Orton in my opinion...it's the D coming up huge and stuffing the Lions, taking the ball away a few times and maybe even scoring themselves. So they have to win on D, win the special teams battle and show some competence on O. If not it's a big L.

Why?

Not trying to start an EJ crusade or anything--I actually want Orton in right now--but this is not true. EJ has done this quite a few times this season. People should be more careful when using the words 'never' and 'always'.

Do you think he shaded more towards always or never on the topic of throwing receivers open? That is... if he saw them to begin with.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

if Orton can make the 3 or 4 completions that EJ couldn't - the ones that move the chains and keep drives alive - we win.

i'm not sure how much more consistent Orton will play the position, but it won't be too big for him

Yes. Orton doesn't have to be great each week. He just needs to be competent. Bills have the D to keep games close. We'll see how that ( w/ Orton) goes over the next few weeks.

We had 3 takeaways & are near the top of the category, yet, we're 2-2. We had 3 takeaways last week, based on even decent QB this should of been a win. Why would we allow EJ to throw a majority of the time, especially after watch conservative ball in the first few games ? We only lost by 6 versus Houston, yet EJ was pulled ? Talk about a joke normally, guys don't losr their jobs losing close unless they themselves are the cause.

They lose their jobs when it's obvious they suck right now. Which Ej does right now. Not saying forever....but right now....he sucks. Doesn't matter if the game is close

I agree that the Bills aren't going to hold back...as that Lions D rips right thru them to the QB.

If the Bills didn't want to run against the 27th ranked run defense of the Texans. Then what will they do against the #7th ranked run defense, and Detroit is the 5th ranked pass defense. I think I've read that they allowed only one TD pass so far this season.

Anyway they are only allowing a league best 15.5 points a game.

Does the title of this thread mean that the offense was "holding back" and not really trying? Which resulted in EJ Manuel getting benched. So now, they are going to use the full playbook with the guy that's been with the team a month? Yikes.

You can use the whole playbook with ~10 year veteran, Orton's seen his fair share & shouldn't need a lot of coddling.

Over the past 15 years, there are very few games I felt 100% confident in a win. However, it seems there is always 1 game each year we pull an upset. The only reason I think we have a chance is our DC knows Stafford. We have not really stopped any good QBs as they seem to complete 80% of their passes against us.