Jairus Byrd Out for the Season [ Update: Torn Meniscus ]

johnwalter

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said in the other thread, this is a freak injury so we can't sit here and say "we told you so." But I said it before and I'll say it again: not re-signing him was a great move, just like it was in Levitre's case.

As I said in the other thread, this is a freak injury so we can't sit here and say "we told you so." But I said it before and I'll say it again: not re-signing him was a great move, just like it was in Levitre's case.

But people will still point to Byrd and Levitre as examples of Bills letting good players walk. Ask the Saints how they feel?

Damn. Good for him for getting paid. With how weak the NFLPA is compared to other athletes unions, I never hold it against these guys when they ask for big money. So few of them ever even get a shot at a big contract, and so much of it isn't guaranteed anyway.

Get well, Jairus!

Agree with you on Byrd, but not so much on Levitre. We are still suffering from poor play at LG.

I also do not with him ill either. Karma is a B word though.

I have read reports that $26 million of the $54 million is guaranteed.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/new-orleans-saints/jairus-byrd/

If that is the case, he should be more than ok financially regardless of what happens.

As for New Orleans, many thought they were taking on too much of a hit on the cap from the get go. I presume he will be ok, but if for some reason, the injury negatively impacts his career or abilities, it is going to be a tough contract to swallow.