Do they have internet in the Bills offices?

That piece is incredibly prescient.

It really was. I think the best insight may have been EJs fragile psyche and thinking too much. Which is very likely what he meant by letting it rip more. Another good point in that article was that he does actually have good footwork and mechanics and throwing motion and arm strength but too often one of them breakdowns and he forgets. I see that a lot. It remains to be seen if he has the mental toughness as well as the ability to process information fast enough. Experience helps that in the players that can do it. Some can't. I'm not sure either way at this point if he can or can't. He hasn't shown it on a consistent level yet.

EJ still has a chance to be a very good QB in this league and he will get his chances. Probably on the Bills. I have no idea if he will ever get it. If I hd to bet I would probably say no. But the tools are there, and what he lacks probably can be overcome with experience and the confidence that comes with it. He has shown he can play. We shall see.

That was a terrific article though with well reasoned criticism. And prescient is the right word.

It really was. I think the best insight may have been EJs fragile psyche and thinking too much. Which is very likely what he meant by letting it rip more. Another good point in that article was that he does actually have good footwork and mechanics and throwing motion and arm strength but too often one of them breakdowns and he forgets. I see that a lot. It remains to be seen if he has the mental toughness as well as the ability to process information fast enough. Experience helps that in the players that can do it. Some can't. I'm not sure either way at this point if he can or can't. He hasn't shown it on a consistent level yet.

EJ still has a chance to be a very good QB in this league and he will get his chances. Probably on the Bills. I have no idea if he will ever get it. If I hd to bet I would probably say no. But the tools are there, and what he lacks probably can be overcome with experience and the confidence that comes with it. He has shown he can play. We shall see.

That was a terrific article though with well reasoned criticism. And prescient is the right word.

I saw that he is going to use a mental conditioning coach. There are several websites, like luminosity, based on cognitive enhancement science. I hope that this is the type of thing his mental training coach will work on him with. If it more like therapy I really do not think that is what EJ needs to better his game.

I would be shocked if the Bills didn't know everything that was in that article.

I bet they took Mayock's approach and decided to spin the wheel on the prospect with the best combination of physical skills and potential, knowing it was a crapshoot. Bet they thought they could "coach him up".

Unfortunately, it was a bad year for QBs when they needed one badly. True to Bills' luck, the year they needed one, there wasn't a slam dunk available, and their choice of Kolb was equally doomed (in true Bills' fashion).

Maybe one will fall in our lap next year.....before Orton gets alcohol poisoning. :w00t:

Probably everyone on this board can think of a time they were right about a prospect and the Bills were wrong. But even a broken clock is right twice a day. It's good for our egos to think we were smarter than the FO but in fact we don't know a fraction of what they know.

Actually, in my view, over the years there have been several WTF picks (Eric Flowers, Maybin, trade up for McCargo, Whitner over Ngata, Spiller when you already have a RB and have other holes, EJ at 16, trade up to take TJ Graham as 3rd rounder when projected as 5th round pick, Roscoe Parish, etc.) that were failures where the Bills picks could've been better if they used someone's mock draft.

The history of this team's management has not been a situation of "everyone misses on a couple".

A couple of things to keep in mind.......

- Lets keep in mind that the bills doubled down by trading back and getting Alonzo and Woods.....both those guys have 1st round talent. They took a shot at a QB that had all the physical traits you look for in a QB, came from a winning program (and won bowl games) etc etc etc......its just not EASY to find that franchise QB

- EJ should have been sitting behind a vet that first year.....its in reverse now.

Unfortunately, it was a bad year for QBs when they needed one badly. True to Bills' luck, the year they needed one, there wasn't a slam dunk available, and their choice of Kolb was equally doomed (in true Bills' fashion).

They were a year late taking a QB. I remember a lot of people thinking they would take a QB in 2012, could have had Cousins or Wilson in the 3rd round. Or Jeff Tuel.

And if they do, why didn't they see this article before the 2013 draft?

http://www.tomahawkn...l-florida-state

Maybe Buddy didn't know how to turn on the computer.

So you think the think Bills should listen to two newspaper writers rather than scouts.

Maybe the Bills should do what the Bengals used to do - dismiss entire scouting staff!

Next you will say they should make Matt Millen GM and Jerry Sullivan as capologist; it would make as much sense.

If Bills scouts are basing their assessments off of articles written by people who are not paid to assess talent then we're sooooo f@#$ed long term. Even more so than we're currently f@#$ed. If that is indeed the case, then we're f@#$ed to a degree which exceeds our current ability to comprehend just how f@#$ed we are, which given the last 14 f@#$ing years, is pretty f@#$ing f@#$ed.

Well that certainly illustrated the diversity of the word.

So you think the think Bills should listen to two newspaper writers rather than scouts.

Maybe the Bills should do what the Bengals used to do - dismiss entire scouting staff!

Next you will say they should make Matt Millen GM and Jerry Sullivan as capologist; it would make as much sense.

can't forget rodak as public relations Representative.