JW's Bills-Texans All-22 Review

thebandit27

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could our o-line do a better job blocking? Of course

Did our WRs drop some passes? Absolutely

However, EJ consistently could not make the plays that I expect a 1st round QB to make in his 2nd year. Even with a clean pocket and time to throw, he routinely misses receivers that could have gone for big yardage. He just doesn't the field vision or accuracy to be successful. You can have all the physical abilities in the world but if you can't see the field and throw the ball accurately then you're toast.

If anyone questions pulling EJ after seeing this...he was single handedly killing us.

The only question I ever had was weather or not they should just throw the kid to the wolves against Detroit and save Orton for the home game against NE. I thought maybe they'd try to create a "perfect storm" of new owner, new QB, home game against biggest rival, etc.

I think they decided to do what's best for everyone. If they did throw EJ to the wolves, and he eventually had to come back in and play, he might be damaged goods at that point.

The only question I ever had was weather or not they should just throw the kid to the wolves against Detroit and save Orton for the home game against NE. I thought maybe they'd try to create a "perfect storm" of new owner, new QB, home game against biggest rival, etc.

I think they decided to do what's best for everyone. If they did throw EJ to the wolves, and he eventually had to come back in and play, he might be damaged goods at that point.

Who cares, he stinks. Hopefully he never sees the field again in a Bills uniform.

I think Kelly made a great point in another thread about the timing of the move. He pointed out that even if Orton is shaky this week, it lets him knock the rust off before two home games and ultimately puts us in a better position to beat the *pats.

EJ acted like he got pressured even when he hadn't. These teams had the blueprint on him. It was time for him to be yanked.

But that's pretty much the blueprint on EVERY young QB. Pressure him up the middle, put him on his back, and rattle him early. Few QBs look good when they're hit a second after their plant foot hits the ground. Look at Brady last night, he was in the same boat.

It's up to the OC to devise a plan to counter the pressure your line, and QB is going to get. Otherwise your offense is toast.

But that's pretty much the blueprint on EVERY young QB. Pressure him up the middle, put him on his back, and rattle him early. Few QBs look good when they're hit a second after their plant foot hits the ground. Look at Brady last night, he was in the same boat.

It's up to the OC to devise a plan to counter the pressure your line, and QB is going to get. Otherwise your offense is toast.

Maybe.

I think our coaches have designed a plan to counter this strategy. It's called start Orton.

Could our o-line do a better job blocking? Of course

Did our WRs drop some passes? Absolutely

However, EJ consistently could not make the plays that I expect a 1st round QB to make in his 2nd year. Even with a clean pocket and time to throw, he routinely misses receivers that could have gone for big yardage. He just doesn't the field vision or accuracy to be successful. You can have all the physical abilities in the world but if you can't see the field and throw the ball accurately then you're toast.

How many first rounders on the bills play the way you expect a first rounder to play. I have 1.... And he wasn't drafted by the bills.

Guys were wide open and he didn't make the throws, he also made the wrong decisions on who to throw the ball to. He wasn't properly reading the defense pre snap. WTF do you want the OC to do if the QB flat out sucks and can't execute a simple pass? C'mon it's borderline ridiculous to keep blaming the OC for the QB deficiencies.

Edited by old school

How many first rounders on the bills play the way you expect a first rounder to play. I have 1.... And he wasn't drafted by the bills.

Bad QB play has stunted this team. To answer your question though:

Mario, Dareus, Hughes (10.5 sacks last year) & Watkins (so far he's on pace for 68 catches & 8 tds)

The 2nd rounders have been good too: AW, Woods, Kiko, Cordy

Wow its clear that EJ was not seeing the field and when he did didn't trust what he was seeing.

He left quite a few plays out on the field against the Texans irrespective of being under duress for much of the afternoon. The Bills should easily be 3-1 right now, thus the QB change. Can't blame Marrone at all.