EJ always pointing the finger... not what you think.

Mr. T

No, not pointing his finger at his teammates, although he does seem to do that subtlely at times.

What I'm refering to is his constant moving forward from the shotgun to point at what always seems to be the same spot on the defense. I can't help it but I always feel he is like a kid trying to imitate his favorite hero, Payton Manning. I keep waiting to hear him shout out "Omaha!"

I know this might feel like I'm kicking him while he is down, but lately this has REALLY been something I found to be extremely annoying.

Maybe it's just me?

No, not pointing his finger at his teammates, although he does seem to do that subtlely at times.

What I'm refering to is his constant moving forward from the shotgun to point at what always seems to be the same spot on the defense. I can't help it but I always feel he is like a kid trying to imitate his favorite hero, Payton Manning. I keep waiting to hear him shout out "Omaha!"

I know this might feel like I'm kicking him while he is down, but lately this has REALLY been something I found to be extremely annoying.

Maybe it's just me?

It's you...

Every QB does it...It's identifying the Mike LB... B-)

It's you...

Every QB does it...It's identifying the Mike LB... B-)

I'm fully aware that almost all QBs are doing this. It also suggests the QB is reading the defense and adjusting the play to the defensive formation. I just believe EJ (and many other QBs in the league) are doing nothing more than trying to look the part of a QB who really knows whats going on.

Maybe it's just me?

But I'm going to kick him while he's down. Seriously? Something EVERY other QB does, and it's annoying because it's EJ? get a grip. what a joke.

Is it just me or did EJ try to look like Bart Starr by standing under center facing the defense? He did that almost every snap except for when he was in the shotgun. Then it looked like he was trying to play act at being Joe Montana. What gives? He should get his own style, you know - like line up sideways or something... anything, but copying what other QBs do. Sheesh!

Is it just me or did EJ try to look like Bart Starr by standing under center facing the defense? He did that almost every snap except for when he was in the shotgun. Then it looked like he was trying to play act at being Joe Montana. What gives? He should get his own style, you know - like line up sideways or something... anything, but copying what other QBs do. Sheesh!

He does have his own style...like when he holds his left hand vertical and right hand horizontal on top and walks toward the sideline....two plays in a row in the first quarter. Ugh

I'm fully aware that almost all QBs are doing this. It also suggests the QB is reading the defense and adjusting the play to the defensive formation. I just believe EJ (and many other QBs in the league) are doing nothing more than trying to look the part of a QB who really knows whats going on.

Dude...come on man.... It is part of the game.....It isn't anybody faking anything or pretending anything. This is a copycat league. When someone finds something new that works, other teams/players/coaches start doing it. For example, when JJ Watt started swatting down a disproportionate number of passes last year, other defensive linemen and defensive coordinators started focusing on trying to do more of that too. When one team started running the Wildcat - others copied it. Notice how several teams are experimenting with an up-tempo offense. There are many examples. Multiple QB's use Omaha. Multiple QB's point fingers. Multiple QB's use the word "kill" to signal an audible.

OK, I see I have been pummeled about starting this thread, probably deserved it too.

My point was not to point out that EJ was doing something strange or stupid. What I was trying to say was I just had the impression that he was just pretending to know what he was doing. Give the impression he was in control, in charge, aware of what the defense was throwing at him. Than the ball is snapped and the world around him starts spinning out of control.

OK, I see I have been pummeled about starting this thread, probably deserved it too.

My point was not to point out that EJ was doing something strange or stupid. What I was trying to say was I just had the impression that he was just pretending to know what he was doing. Give the impression he was in control, in charge, aware of what the defense was throwing at him. Than the ball is snapped and the world around him starts spinning out of control.

This is pretty pathetic.

I'm pointing my finger at you.

Seriously you should just stop. You're making yourself seem less intelligent with every post about this. Just stop.

Seriously? This cannot be real