Orton + This Offensive Line

Mr. T

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love how so many people on here are talking about Orton's skills as if they are experts on Orton and know everything about him. Yeah, I saw him play some games too. Mostly in Denver and Chicago. He was less than impressive in both places. Don't recall seeing him play in Dallas.

Anyway....I wouldn't be counting all my chickens just yet if you know what I mean.

The guy hasn't played one game for the Bills yet and people are acting like he already saved the season. That is laughable.

I want to see the guy play first. If he smokes Detroit I will be impressed. But, I am not holding my breath. I am worried about every game from here on out unless Orton looks much better than what I remember. Here is to hoping that happens.

Were dead and we don't even know it yet...

The upshot of this is that second rounder will be so good it's nearly a first!

I love how so many people on here are talking about Orton's skills as if they are experts on Orton and know everything about him. Yeah, I saw him play some games too. Mostly in Denver and Chicago. He was less than impressive in both places. Don't recall seeing him play in Dallas.

Anyway....I wouldn't be counting all my chickens just yet if you know what I mean.

The guy hasn't played one game for the Bills yet and people are acting like he already saved the season. That is laughable.

I want to see the guy play first. If he smokes Detroit I will be impressed. But, I am not holding my breath. I am worried about every game from here on out unless Orton looks much better than what I remember. Here is to hoping that happens.

Everyone is always better until they play. Watch for the Teul time thread at 4:37 this Sunday

If he smokes Detroit I will be impressed. But, I am not holding my breath. I am worried about every game from here on out unless Orton looks much better than what I remember. Here is to hoping that happens.

You're arguing against a strawman. Nobody who's excited for Orton expects him to smoke anyone.

They expect him to be good enough, which EJ wasn't, which would have won us the game in Houston, which might have won us the game against San Diego which will probably win us the game against New England.

Nobody who's excited for Orton expects him to smoke anyone.

You're right. Nobody has come out and said those exact words yet. But the picture they paint makes it sound like that is what they are thinking.

Here are just a few things people here have said here in the last 24 hours.

The offensive line is going to look better now.

Our start players on offense are now going to have more YAC.

Orton throws a nice touch on anything 20 yards or shorter.

Marrone is now a genius where before he was a buffoon.

Orton is as good as Fitz...no wait..he is better than Fitz....

Bills now have a legit shot at winning the division and therefore get to the playoffs.

And now they can do this with only 9 wins.

Yadda....yadda....yadda....

Sounds like people think the season is saved and the Bills are a lock for the playoffs....

I like the optimism. But, I want to see the guy play a game first with the rest of this Bills roster. Then at least I will have some concrete evidence on whether he is better or not and whether he should be starting a team or not. He lost his starting position to Tebow for Christ's sake. How good do you really expect him to be. He couldn't beat Tebow who sucks beyond imagination. It is entirely possible that Orton will come out and get the team beat badly this Sunday. Just like what would probably happen if EJ was starting this weekend.

Were dead and we don't even know it yet...

No no. After a week sample size we will all be saying how great he is and how he should have started sooner. But 3 weeks in, after the game planning he will look like poo too. This board is too emotional. They better ante up and buy a QB and some guards this off season. The draft is not their strong suit

You're right. Nobody has come out and said those exact words yet. But the picture they paint makes it sound like that is what they are thinking.

Here are just a few things people here have said here in the last 24 hours.

The offensive line is going to look better now.--NOT SAYING MUCH SINCE THEY'VE BEEN AWFUL

Our start players on offense are now going to have more YAC.--NOT SAYING MUCH SINCE IT'S BEEN ZERO

Orton throws a nice touch on anything 20 yards or shorter.--NOT SAYING MUCH SINCE HE'S A TEN YEAR VET

Marrone is now a genius where before he was a buffoon.--NO ONE HAS SAID THAT

Orton is as good as Fitz...no wait..he is better than Fitz....--NOT SAYING MUCH

Bills now have a legit shot at winning the division and therefore get to the playoffs.--THEY'RE IN FIRST PLACE

And now they can do this with only 9 wins.--YEAH, SO?

I know you managed to list a bunch of things to make your argument, but weak counter points throughout, man.

Orton's deep ball is like Fitz's?

Who have been the deep threats Orton has been throwing to?

What does that have to do with the arm strength that I am guessing he is making allusions to.

If your mancrush of EJ would stop you would realize Orton would have done better. Why? He can read a defense quick and burn the blitz. Sure he takes a couple hits, but man all those times EJ had some time and threw behind, in front of, over WR's or just flat out missed open WR's is something Orton wouldn't have done

I havent agreed with much you have said seeing as how you hate EJ in EVERY thread. But I cant deny he throws behind on more throws than not. I dont know about the passes that the receivers aren't looking. I dont know if it is a timing route. Or just miscommunication. I dont know enough about Orton but I dont think anyone would be that much better behind this mess of an o line.

Remember how bad the Bills Oline was when Edwards was the QB? Remember how much better they looked when Fitz took over?

With EJ calling signals the current Oline has also looked pretty bad at times. I have a strong sense the Oline might not look so bad with an experienced signal caller like Orton "in charge."

One of the biggest knocks on Trent Edwards, and EJ, is they are so damn indecisive. They both take too long to read the defense, and than panic with check downs.

For all his flaws (arm strength, inaccurate) Fitz was quick to make a decision and usually quickly recognized the hot read. His flaws however often keep him from getting the results desired.

My hope is Orton's experience and his ability to read defenses much faster than EJ has been to will cause the Oline to look alot better than they have the past few games.

Go Bills!!

Lets not forget that the team started that season 0-8, and suddenly around week 6 the bills benched RT Cornell Green because of some mysterious injury. It wasn't until week 8 that they actually cut him. Buddy Nix was pulling O linemen off the waiver wire like they were weeds trying to band-aid that O line. He finally found some stop gaps in Pears & Urbik.

That 2010 offense under Gailey was bad, and it took Fitz awhile to acclimate. Hence the 4-10 record.

What does that have to do with the arm strength that I am guessing he is making allusions to.

I havent agreed with much you have said seeing as how you hate EJ in EVERY thread. But I cant deny he throws behind on more throws than not. I dont know about the passes that the receivers aren't looking. I dont know if it is a timing route. Or just miscommunication. I dont know enough about Orton but I dont think anyone would be that much better behind this mess of an o line.

It was more of an allusion to us not getting a great look at Fitz's deep ball in the absence of a genuine deep target, which he hardly had.

I asked to suggest that Orton need not throw a perfect deep ball, given the deep talent that exists on our roster.

One thing many fans forget about the QB is they make protection calls. Our line right now looks confused. It means they arent prepared for what the D is doing, Only 2 reasons for that, coaching or poor protection call.

Cyril Richardson got BURNED on the Watt pick six. He looked really confused, looking inside before realising that Watt was streaking down on EJ. And I agree, it look like a combo of poor protection calls and maybe inexperienced players on our O line.

They looked really good the first couple of games, not giving up a sack, but since EJ has declined, they look a lot worse...

I couldn't agree more.

You know what this whole situation and thread reminds me of.... The year we cut Drew Bledsoe. He was a statue! He was slow! JP was gonna mean a winning season because.... he wasn't Drew. All we needed was a QB that could scramble a little and the offense would put up crazy points.

Fast forward to today.... And Orton will be good and have us in the playoffs because... he's not EJ. All he has to do is "be on point" and the team will be saved.

What everyone is forgetting, unless Marrone also overehauls the offensive game plan and demotes Hackett, the root cause of our offensive mess is still there. It doesn't matter how accurate your QB is when he's handing the ball off to Spiller so he can dive into a pile on 1st down. Or if he's on his back because the line can't handle a stunt.

If nothing else, Ortons insertion just made all the Bills opponents play honest defense. They are not going to be able to creep and stack the box like the first 4 games. That all by itself will make the oline and the whole offense look better. I counted a few different times where Houston had 9 in the box, you can't run against that or short dump off against that, why do you think Hackett called so many pass plays, because of that. It was just that EJ failed to execute.

You'd better be right... 'Cuz if you're not, Kyle Orton is ska-rooed out there! Guy has a decent enough arm, but ZERO escapability.... When you combine that with Hackett's crap offense, and poorly coached receivers, It don't look pretty... -Guess we'll see.

You mean the crap offense and poorly coached WRs that are constantly wide open but either not seen by EJ or seen but thrown horrible passes that are uncatchable or nowhere near them?

If nothing else, Ortons insertion just made all the Bills opponents play honest defense. They are not going to be able to creep and stack the box like the first 4 games. That all by itself will make the oline and the whole offense look better. I counted a few different times where Houston had 9 in the box, you can't run against that or short dump off against that, why do you think Hackett called so many pass plays, because of that. It was just that EJ failed to execute.

You mean the crap offense and poorly coached WRs that are constantly wide open but either not seen by EJ or seen but thrown horrible passes that are uncatchable or nowhere near them?

RING A DING DING DING DING DING DING DING

x2