Ej lost the game

Kirby Jackson

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ is terrible and doesn't even look like a capable backup at this point

Mike Glennon on the other hand who went 3 rounds after EJ has looked pretty good when he's played and led his team to a last second TD today to win the game on the road.

Blake Bortles in his first start has already done more in a half on the road vs the Chargers than EJ did the entire game at home last week

Edited by Max997

Agreed. This was one of those that you just expect your QB to win for you, because in reality you need him to do so little. Fitzgerald throws INT on critical opening drive of 3 rd quarter in minus territory, down 10. You just need your QB to cash in a twenty yard drive to take a commanding lead, and he kills you. He makes all of one play the rest of the way, and it's too little too late. Your defense holds a team to 16 on the road, well your starter just HAS to be good enough to engineer a win there, EJ wasn't. Time to make a change?

I'm pretty sure I would trade our entire football team and coaching staff for Teddy Bridgewater. He's looking like the real deal. Isn't afraid in the pocket, hitting wide open receivers in stride. Actually just ran a 10 yd TD. Ridiculous. I would rather have Bridgewater throwing to Stevie and Mike Williams and Woody than EJ throwing to Sammy. Another 4 years down the drain.

And now Bridgewater looking good...

(duck and covers)

All these other QBs are gamers. They take risks, they look like professionals, etc. EJ doesn't look like a pro QB. He was OK weeks 1-2, but wow. He is uber conservative, he sails passes, he doesn't see open receivers. The only thing he does consistently well is play action. It would work even better if they weren't calling so many freakin' passes against one of the leagues worst run defenses.

First time I'm on board with agreeing with this. Specifically, he lost this game on the three consecutive possessions that spanned the last two of the first half and the first one in the third when he threw the pick 6. His worst game as a pro and the first I can remember where he followed up a poor performance with another poor performance. And with the Lions in Detroit next week, things very well may get worse before getting better.

Any word on K Williams and Bradham?

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by K-9

I know that therw are 30 EJ threads out there but I needed to add another. I sat 5 rows from the filed and he KILLED them. He was horrible.

I think EJ is the only person on the planet who thinks he can sell a fake. So laughable, since nobody on the defense buys it every time. every game.

Agreed. I want him to reach his potential but today was ugly

Problem is, he likely HAS reached it.

I think EJ is the only person on the planet who thinks he can sell a fake. So laughable, since nobody on the defense buys it every time. every game.

Problem is, he likely HAS reached it.

He may have reached his peak but he surely hasn't reached his full potential.

We will see. His only defense is he was getting crushed by watt pretty much every third drop back.

Chandler and Watkins had weak games. Woods and Spiller were invisible. Not sure it was all EJ's fault but it once again shows that EJ can't see open receivers right in front of his eyes, and fails to place the pass accurately when he does. Passing on Bridgewater is definitely looking dumb. At one point he was considered a #1 overall pick, rated much higher than anyone in the 2013 Draft. Why he was ignored til the end of rd 1 was mind boggling. Vikings got a steal. Bills over-drafted EJ & Watkins.

I think Watkins will be a stud in this league. You see glimpses even with a bad rib (which is one of worst injuries you can have and still play).

EJ on the other hand - show me one game this year and last year where you thought damn this guy looks REAL good.

Being honest, the highest ive thought of his play has been "not bad". Not bad wont cut it. Hes needs to evolve and do it quickly.

This was the first game of the year I put on EJ.....and I mean it was SQUARELY on EJ........

I cant put it any other way.

i came to the same conclusion, and it was very deflating. my optimistic hopes for ej took a huge punch to the gut today. there were so many instances i thought to myself "that is squarely on the qb, there is no excuse".