End Chris Williams tenure in Buffalo now

Dragonborn10

I like a lot of what Nix did to get some improved talent on this team, but this was his miss. After year three, we should have been jumping to pay Levitre in the $5 mil neighborhood. No, we waited until the end, and the Titans overpaid for him. It was a whiff. Our Guards are not playing well, but i disagree henderson gets all of this help. He has done a good job for a rookie.

I too do not like Williams. Hopefully Richardson can come in and make an impact. My guess is with Watt on the other side, Marrone may stick with Urbick and Pears as guards this week given their experience. The other d-Lineman are not that great on Houston's part and have been suspect against the run.

Levitre said from the beginning of his third year that he was going to wait until he was a free agent and test the market. It is a myth we had a legit opportunity to sign him. He was ready to risk injury and not sign a new deal.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley was handed one of the best offensive lines in the league. Now he has turned it into an average line, and he wants to run a power running game? Of the three headed monster running the Bills, I trust Whaley the most but this is definitely makes you scratch your head.

This oline experiment has failed, time to move Cordy to Lg and shift Henderson to left and put Pears bk at right tackle.

Hendy, Cordy, Wood, Richardson, Pears

Or we can just put Hairston at Left tackle add Richardson to right guard and take pears out.

Hairston, Cordy, Wood, Richardson, Hendy

Edited by NastyNateSoldiers

Yea I know it is. I've been reading too many masked "EJ sucks" threads to actually be able to think straight.

I think we are all still in reactionary mode from the San Diego game.

I admit i have not fully recovered . Hopefully Sunday gets me back on track .

Whaley was handed one of the best offensive lines in the league. Now he has turned it into an average line, and he wants to run a power running game? Of the three headed monster running the Bills, I trust Whaley the most but this is definitely makes you scratch your head.

I dont remember that exactly .

But this O line has not dominated the field yet.

Pass pro is my worry more than the running game .

I also am going to go with its still early with these guys . I am chanting it right now actually !!

btw i did not expect this O line to come out of the gates looking to sharp considering the lineups in training camp and OTAs

I think we are all still in reactionary mode from the San Diego game.

I admit i have not fully recovered . Hopefully Sunday gets me back on track .I dont remember that exactly .

But this O line has not dominated the field yet.

Pass pro is my worry more than the running game .

I also am going to go with its still early with these guys . I am chanting it right now actually !!

btw i did not expect this O line to come out of the gates looking to sharp considering the lineups in training camp and OTAs

Got anymore excuses? Everyone knew the offensive line needed to be addressed in the off-season. What did Whaley do? Signed a guard who was a 1st round bust at tackle and had not previously played well at guard. A lot of fans including myself questioned it when he was signed and I question it now. If we were going to try a power running game this season, we needed at least one more good - very good lineman to add to Wood and Glenn. What we got was a below average guard.

Got anymore excuses? Everyone knew the offensive line needed to be addressed in the off-season. What did Whaley do? Signed a guard who was a 1st round bust at tackle and had not previously played well at guard. A lot of fans including myself questioned it when he was signed and I question it now.

Come on. He drafted 3 OL in the draft. OK the results aren't there yet, granted, but you make it sound like Whaley did nothing else.

Edited by billsfaninmanhattan

yep. C Williams is here on purpose. Overpaid imo but a conscious decision by Bills. Recovering from Legursky Levitre is no small feat.

Fixed.

Levitre said from the beginning of his third year that he was going to wait until he was a free agent and test the market. It is a myth we had a legit opportunity to sign him. He was ready to risk injury and not sign a new deal.

I could agree with this, but the Bills never even made Levitre an offer. They could have tagged him, or transitioned him, but they just let him walk without even trying to make him an offer. Too bad for Andy he chose the Titians.

Fixed.

I could agree with this, but the Bills never even made Levitre an offer. They could have tagged him, or transitioned him, but they just let him walk without even trying to make him an offer. Too bad for Andy he chose the Titians.

They didn't make an offer because he told the Bills how much he wanted and they decided not to pay.

Got anymore excuses? Everyone knew the offensive line needed to be addressed in the off-season. What did Whaley do? Signed a guard who was a 1st round bust at tackle and had not previously played well at guard. A lot of fans including myself questioned it when he was signed and I question it now. If we were going to try a power running game this season, we needed at least one more good - very good lineman to add to Wood and Glenn. What we got was a below average guard.

But Williams took a nice picture outside with Marrone during that big snow storm. Don't you remember?

Pears is a much better RT then RG. Urbik is a better RG then Pears. Henderson gets a lot of help.

Probably have a better OL. Our OL should be Glenn - Richardson - Wood - Urbik - Henderson. I really dont get what Marrone has done with Urbik. That should have been our OL as soon as Glenn was back. Marrone screwed around so much with the OL we see them have breakdowns, communication problems with stunts.

Agreed on that being the Oline we should roll out. It seems to be our best potential, so, let's try it! Marrone sure makes the Oline more difficult that it needs to be considering he is an Oline guru?! Marrone has ego issues. He has short mans disease and is not short. If he is not going to coach the Oline up at least put the best Oline on the field, don't do neither.

All they had to do was lock up Rinehart.

I like Rinehart too. I don't think it was an option though. Plus, Marrone would have mistreated and misused Rinehart like he does Urbik.

This oline experiment has failed, time to move Cordy to Lg and shift Henderson to left and put Pears bk at right tackle.

Hendy, Cordy, Wood, Richardson, Pears

Or we can just put Hairston at Left tackle add Richardson to right guard and take pears out.

Hairston, Cordy, Wood, Richardson, Hendy

I stop listening to your comments when you say to move Glenn to Guard. That is just silly.

That has all ready been accomplished....you don't think Henderson is the answer at RT? Edited by Rockinon

Signed one and drafted 3 very good prospects. Paid Wood. Its not like he sat on his hands Proteus.

I dont disagree that the guards as they are today are not up to snuff

Fixed.

Thanks. point taken . : )

One upside though...Center and both tackles are set :thumbsup: Let our two Draft picks play both guard spots. CK isn't a RT so we might as well start him at Guard and get that transition going.

Wood is actually about due for an upgrade. Either that or they better get a lot better at guard and giving HIM some help because he apparently isn't capable of playing with leverage at this stage of his career. Yet another guy who has two levels.....upright or on his face. Fair pass blocker though!

One upside though...Center and both tackles are set :thumbsup: Let our two Draft picks play both guard spots. CK isn't a RT so we might as well start him at Guard and get that transition going.

not to be too pessimistic but Wood seems to be very average at his position and Henderson is 3 games into his career , a bit premature to say we are set at LT with him.

Agreed on that being the Oline we should roll out. It seems to be our best potential, so, let's try it! Marrone sure makes the Oline more difficult that it needs to be considering he is an Oline guru?! Marrone has ego issues. He has short mans disease and is not short. If he is not going to coach the Oline up at least put the best Oline on the field, don't do neither.

I like Rinehart too. I don't think it was an option though. Plus, Marrone would have mistreated and misused Rinehart like he does Urbik.

I stop listening to your comments when you say to move Glenn to Guard. That is just silly.

Is the Bills 2nd round pick that bad that he can't help this O-line that is such a mess? WTH is going on over there?