we drafted EJ because he is a big, strong QB, right?

Tampa Bob

I always hear about how big and strong our qb is. Yet, sunday he had a scramble where he slid 2 yards before the first down marker when he easily could have run a little harder and got the first down. That was a really bad sign for me. It looks like he was scared to get hit. What's the point of a big, strong qb if he plays like a small, weak one?

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ should watch film on Russell Wilson to kick start his QB skills into gear.

RIght now (to me), he looks like a back up.

Bad thowing accuracy - no zip on the ball - poor reading of the whole field - slow decision making.

(I know, I know....not enough games in to evaluate him yet!)

EJ should watch film on Russell Wilson to kick start his QB skills into gear.

RIght now (to me), he looks like a back up.

Bad thowing accuracy - no zip on the ball - poor reading of the whole field - slow decision making.

(I know, I know....not enough games in to evaluate him yet!)

Why should he study Wilson? They are not the same type of QB at all. EJ is half a foot taller than Wilson. Just because the both can "scramble" doesnt mean they are the same type of QB

He worked out with Kaepernick this past offseason so he is studying other QB's

CBF

So if he fights for extra yards & gets hurt, he's dumb. Now if he avoids a big hit, he's soft.

The dude can't win.

I wouldn't really call it fighting for extra yards. The yards were there. He just chose not to take them. And in a game where they couldnt do anything offensively, I would like to see my qb put a little more effort into it. He could pull a hammy by sliding so screw injuries. Fear of injury shouldn't control his game. He can take hits if he is smart about it. Wilson is tiny and takes tons if hits.

So if he fights for extra unecessary yards & gets hurt, he's dumb. Now if he over-avoids a big hit and misses an easy, big first down, he's soft.

The dude can't win if he doesn't realize the situations are completely different.

FTFY.

Edited by FireChan

Going into week 4, the Bills sit atop the AFC East at (2-1) with a very winnable game coming up. It's obvious EJ Manuel, who hasn't missed a snap, is doing everything wrong.

We won the 2 games because of everyone else BUT him.

We lost last week solely because OF him.

I mean ... how much clearer can it be?

Edited by Gugny

Why should he study Wilson? They are not the same type of QB at all. EJ is half a foot taller than Wilson. Just because the both can "scramble" doesnt mean they are the same type of QB

He worked out with Kaepernick this past offseason so he is studying other QB's

CBF

I guess it hasn't sunk in yet then....but I hope it does!

So if he fights for extra yards & gets hurt, he's dumb. Now if he avoids a big hit, he's soft.

The dude can't win.

I was watching this game with my neighbor and he was making fun of ej like crazy after that slide. He was like, what is he doing? Didn't he want the first down? Lol.