we drafted EJ because he is a big, strong QB, right?

Tampa Bob

It's not baseless, cowardly or irresponsible. The fear of the discussion sure is though and the emotional need to continue assailing others intelligence further validates my initial post.

One more time....

There is an irrational dislike for the kid that's not supported by data, facts or historical precedence.

Since I don't think ej has personally kicked any of your dogs I've love to understand what other deep seated fixation drives a few on this board to accuse the dude of "playing weak", having slow eyes, being incapable of reading defenses, etc. sucking eternally....

What is it? I'm open.... Do you dislike Seminoles? Problem with Virginians?

Plays weak? Because he's not throwing his knees at the safety's helmet like he was chastised for doing last year? How foolish is this spiral going to get?

On one hand, you question the posters who make negative comments towards EJ's decision-making. On the other, you claim he's dumb enough to throw his knees at defender's helmets.

It's not a tough correlation. You can count the plays EJ has made with his legs on one hand. That's not impressive for a QB who was a good runner in college, and who's speed/running ability was one of his strengths as a prospect. No one wants to see him hurt.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't completely disagree, I just think it's overstated. I've been wishing for a big, physically imposing OG and a big bodied power back for years. But this is primarily the same crew that opened holes and set up screens pretty well for Gailey.

Some of it may well be coaching, but a lot of it is due to the QB. Not to say he sucks or can't improve, but he has deficiencies in his game at the moment that create a lot of these problems. It just seems unfair for us to lay all the blame on others.

Well it could be coaching also. SD used the same exact stunts Tampa did last year and the Bills still didn't have an answer for it. When seeing it a second time you should have plays to make the D pay.

On one hand, you question the posters who make negative comments towards EJ's decision-making. On the other, you claim he's dumb enough to throw his knees at defender's helmets.

It's not a tough correlation. You can count the plays EJ has made with his legs on one hand. That's not impressive for a QB who was a good runner in college, and who's speed/running ability was one of his strengths as a prospect. No one wants to see him hurt.

Wait what's the correlation?

Nevermind..... What I question is simply what makes people able to jump to a conclusion on the kid. When you judge something in advance of collecting enough evidence to make a fair conclusion... What's that called? A pre-judgement? So what's the basis for it?

And now this new parameter of playing weak because he's doing as instructed and not taking hits? I just can't understand any logical reason fans of the team would hope the kid will get there understanding it takes time to develop. There is only of these 32 jobs in the world. His passer rating was top 10 all time for a rookie.

It's okay, I didn't expect you to have an argument. Race baiters seldom do.

You really need to go re-read the post. Oh this is more cognitive impairment being show cased. I admire you zeal! (Look that one up, it's a good scrabble word with the ten point z)

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Nevermind..... What I question is simply what makes people able to jump to a conclusion on the kid. When you judge something in advance of collecting enough evidence to make a fair conclusion... What's that called? A pre-judgement? So what's the basis for it?

And now this new parameter of playing weak because he's doing as instructed and not taking hits? I just can't understand any logical reason fans of the team would hope the kid will get there understanding it takes time to develop. There is only of these 32 jobs in the world. His passer rating was top 10 all time for a rookie.

Kind of like how you reached your racism conclusion.

Here's some evidence.

http://espn.go.com/b...worst-in-week-3

Wait, let's talk running ability. 4.65 40 time 6'5''. Cam Newton runs a 4.59, also at the same height. That's a difference of .004 seconds, which a person would correlate that EJ is a slightly worse runner than Cam. But wait! Cam had 14 rushing TD's his rookie year, as well as 700+ yards. EJ? 186 yards and 2 TD's in 10 games. A little more than a slight difference, no?

Let's look at some other running QB's abilities. Russell Wilson, 4.55 40 time. .1 difference from EJ. That's quite a bit. Still, he rushed for 489 and 4 TD's. Not too close to EJ. Luck? 255 yards, 5 TD's his rookie year. Luck isn't even a runner! The best passing QB prospect ever and he is a better runner than EJ. Aaron Rodgers, 207 yards, 4 TD's. Not great, comparable to EJ. Would you think Rodgers was a better runner than EJ?

Do I think EJ sucks at running and will never run and will never get better? No. Do I think he should run more because it should be one of his strengths? Absolutely.

Edited by FireChan

You really can't follow a series of posts can you? You'd think some cognitive abilities would develop over the number of posts totaled.

Sad really. Flame on and enjoy your crusade

I reread your post and broke down your argument. So (1) there's widespread outrage due to a paradigm shift at QB, and we're assured of this because you said so; (2) you think the criticisms of EJ are disproportionate to his play, and Therefore racism. What did I miss?

Mods have really let up on closing redundant threads.

It's become a daily contest to generate difffernt thread titles for the "I only like white QBs" crowd.

Wow, what a conclusion. Do you have enough evidence to support it, or are you not being fair?

Also, I notice your signature takes potshots at the "rebuilding" cycle. Our GM is black. Racist?

Edited by FireChan

I reread your post and broke down your argument. So (1) there's widespread outrage due to a paradigm shift at QB, and we're assured of this because you said so; (2) you think the criticisms of EJ are disproportionate to his play, and Therefore racism. What did I miss?

A lot. Try again I'll let you know when you get warmer

Wow, what a conclusion. Do you have enough evidence to support it, or are you not being fair?

Also, I notice your signature takes potshots at the "rebuilding" cycle. Our GM is black. Racist?

Lol...nice deflection. The footer was from when nix was gm. I'm not and I love ej. Your turn.

A lot. Try again I'll let you know when you get warmer

Lol...nice deflection. The footer was from when nix was gm. I'm not and I love ej. Your turn.

Deflection? I just gave you an entire post of stats comparing EJ's running ability with other rookie or first year QB's, some of them black, and you have nothing to say to it. Just admit you posted an intellectually weak drive-by in order to discredit an entire thread for some odd reason.

How do you feel about Tuel? Racism doesn't just affect blacks. Did you make a "fair" conclusion on Tuel after 1.3 games? Or did you write him off for being white?

Edited by FireChan

Didn't think so. It's getting late, you should probably put on your EJ PJs and crawl into bed. Don't forget to take your ass with you when you go.

"Didn't think so" what? Oh, Didn't understand my posts on this topic. Yes, we agree you don't get it. Also, I really don't get the ass comment. Sounds like resorting to some personal attack or a proposal on how to co sleep with livestock, which be be appropriate in your world. I don't judge.

Your response by the way is the finest example yet of cognitive disability this evening, Really drilled it home.

That's not going to get you out of your lame weak racist boring crap all the time. We are talking football here. Take your Al Sharpton stuff elsewhere.

What is Al Sharpton Stuff? Is that an Alaska thing? What's that have to do with not understanding all the ej hate? Aren't we all just looking for answers?

Also "all the time"? This is the first thread I'd ever challenged the forum on this topic trying to understand what irrational motives drive the ej hate for a select group of individuals on this board.

But I can tell I hit something with a few.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

"Didn't think so" what? Oh, Didn't understand my posts on this topic. Yes, we agree you don't get it. Also, I really don't get the ass comment. Sounds like resorting to some personal attack or a proposal on how to co sleep with livestock, which be be appropriate in your world. I don't judge.

Your response by the way is the finest example yet of cognitive disability this evening, Really drilled it home.

What is Al Sharpton Stuff? Is that an Alaska thing? What's that have to do with not understanding all the ej hate? Aren't we all just looking for answers?

You avoiding my posts says so much. About a couple different things, but mostly my cognitive genius.

That's not going to get you out of your lame weak racist boring crap all the time. We are talking football here. Take your Al Sharpton stuff elsewhere.

Didn't think so. It's getting late, you should probably put on your EJ PJs and crawl into bed. Don't forget to take your ass with you when you go.

Don't bother anymore fellas. It's resorting to childish antics now. No point in continuing.

I've just been hoping you'd try to support your argument so I could take it head on and rip it to shreds, and in the process expose you as the weak-minded imbecile you are. Unfortunately you've already exposed yourself with your lame deflections. As much fun as that might have been, it's no fun punching someone in the back of the head while they're running away, so unless you have something substantive to debate I'll waste no more time with you.

Don't bother anymore fellas. It's resorting to childish antics now. No point in continuing.

No doubt.