we drafted EJ because he is a big, strong QB, right?

Tampa Bob

EJ needs to stop finessing his passes. He throws like he's at the egg toss at a company picnic. He needs to just sling it.

amen. i can understand how he's gun shy when he scrambles, two injuries last year and the coaches drilling him on not taking the hits.

but you're right on about slinging the ball. the kid needs to zip that thing like he means it and stop with these floaters.

i understand on the fade patterns and long balls where you want the soft trajectory, but the intermediate stuff has to be zipped low and accurate, stepping into the throw like Jimbo was saying in the booth w tasker on sunday.

Edited by Webster Guy

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just been hoping you'd try to support your argument so I could take it head on and rip it to shreds, and in the process expose you as the weak-minded imbecile you are. Unfortunately you've already exposed yourself with your lame deflections. As much fun as that might have been, it's no fun punching someone in the back of the head while they're running away, so unless you have something substantive to debate I'll waste no more time with you.

You chose wisely. You would lose.

You do nothing more then try to instigate. You're clearly at about a sixth grade reading comprehension level otherwise you'd have all the meat you need to try and develop an argument. A Chat board tough guy dreaming about a career and life outside of step moms basement, maybe 50 will be the year.

Go bills!

"Didn't think so" what? Oh, Didn't understand my posts on this topic. Yes, we agree you don't get it. Also, I really don't get the ass comment. Sounds like resorting to some personal attack or a proposal on how to co sleep with livestock, which be be appropriate in your world. I don't judge.

Your response by the way is the finest example yet of cognitive disability this evening, Really drilled it home.

What is Al Sharpton Stuff? Is that an Alaska thing? What's that have to do with not understanding all the ej hate? Aren't we all just looking for answers?

You sure love that cognitive disability thing. Just pick it up? Plain and simple you seem determined to ruin a Bills football forum by bringing racism into a QB thread. Here's you what do-go to PPP and start a thread named "Do Bills fans dislike EJ because he's black?" Then stay out of here with that BS.

So read my quite rational posts and talk about them. Or continue to play the fool. Either way.

I just did... Sorry I got marginally distracted with the Nicholas cage tool.

You make a good point on ej running. He did it well at fsu. I am not sure what 3 knee injuries do to your willingness to run, and add on top of it that wgr did an interesting all 22 citing he might have difficulty throwing on the move at this point.

I'll say this if the o line continues allowing what I saw sunday, he's going to be running for his life. At some point the guy is going to get it, and it will click, or he won't and it's over.

Yo I'd expect part of that is growing and understanding of when to run and when not. What I see is he went from too reckless last year to too conservative now. Gotta find the balance IF he has it in him...

You sure love that cognitive disability thing. Just pick it up? Plain and simple you seem determined to ruin a Bills football forum by bringing racism into a QB thread. Here's you what do-go to PPP and start a thread named "Do Bills fans dislike EJ because he's black?" Then stay out of here with that BS.

I am not as fixated as others seem to be on that topic and it's morphing way beyond anything I had stated. So you go follow your own advice. But make sure you are honest when you answer.

I just did... Sorry I got marginally distracted with the Nicholas cage tool.

You make a good point on ej running. He did it well at fsu. I am not sure what 3 knee injuries do to your willingness to run, and add on top of it that wgr did an interesting all 22 citing he might have difficulty throwing on the move at this point.

I'll say this if the o line continues allowing what I saw sunday, he's going to be running for his life. At some point the guy is going to get it, and it will click, or he won't and it's over.

Yo I'd expect part of that is growing and understanding of when to run and when not. What I see is he went from too reckless last year to too conservative now. Gotta find the balance IF he has it in him...

I am not as fixated as others seem to be on that topic and it's morphing way beyond anything I had stated. So you go follow your own advice. But make sure you are honest when you answer.

Wait...did you just call nicholas cage a tool? It's because he is white isn't it? Racist!

And you called ej too reckless then too conservative. It's because he is black isn't it? Racist!

You really need to get your insecurities under control because you are clearly confused about which race to be racist to.

Edited by Tampa Bob

If tool is a race then yup.

What? You called a white guy a tool. You are clearly racist. Isn't that your whole argument against me? I called a soft, black quarterback soft therefore I am a racist. Let me see if I got this right...racism only counts when a white person criticizes a black person, right? Ok, I got it. Makes sense to me now.

Mods have really let up on closing redundant threads.

It's become a daily contest to generate difffernt thread titles for the "I only like white QBs" crowd.

Sure. You never brought racism into this thread .Are you not the guy that called his father a racist? You people creep me out.

He's a waste of time. He obviously doesn't want to get into it but has too much internet pride to walk back his statement.

It will never end. When the Bills did not sign Vick[thank God] it was because Wilson was a racist. Now it's fans who question EJ who are racists. The race card is a wonderful thing, like having 4 two's in a duce's wild game. You can make what ever you want of them.

Here's some evidence.

http://espn.go.com/b...worst-in-week-3

Wait, let's talk running ability. 4.65 40 time 6'5''. Cam Newton runs a 4.59, also at the same height. That's a difference of .004 seconds, which a person would correlate that EJ is a slightly worse runner than Cam. But wait! Cam had 14 rushing TD's his rookie year, as well as 700+ yards. EJ? 186 yards and 2 TD's in 10 games. A little more than a slight difference, no?

Let's look at some other running QB's abilities. Russell Wilson, 4.55 40 time. .1 difference from EJ. That's quite a bit. Still, he rushed for 489 and 4 TD's. Not too close to EJ. Luck? 255 yards, 5 TD's his rookie year. Luck isn't even a runner! The best passing QB prospect ever and he is a better runner than EJ. Aaron Rodgers, 207 yards, 4 TD's. Not great, comparable to EJ. Would you think Rodgers was a better runner than EJ?

Do I think EJ sucks at running and will never run and will never get better? No. Do I think he should run more because it should be one of his strengths? Absolutely.

EJ runs better than you do math - .06 not .004

I will make one attempt here to fill in between the lines, because I don’t fear human nature or discussions around how demographics influence perception. I don’t believe every insinuation that touches facet of human nature necessarily must devolve into racism accusations.

My initial statement was made to key on the following suppositions, which I believe to be true in general:

(1) The majority of posters on the board are from a certain similar demographic. White middle class to upper middle class, with blue collar town origin. This is true of buffalo itself and the fact that basic computer literacy is a barrier to entry for this forum (as much as I hate to concede that based on some here)

(2) The number of anti ej threads based on the board has been significantly higher than any topic in memory

(3) Those that are ready to proclaim he isn’t going to be the solution at QB are completely unable to produce statistical or historical precedent to validate this position. So it is ignored that the kids is in what has conventionally been an inconclusive phase of his career for virtually all QB’s to play the game, and has statistically performed near the top of new entrants to the role of first/second year starting NFL QB.

(4) The QB position for a long time has been for a long time stark contrast by position to the demographics of the sport itself.

(5) the QB position is considered the face of the franchise, team leader and in most cases the player which you have to like to truly enjoy following a team

(6) Here is the metacognitive human reality, one you need to accept for yourselves to not be afraid of this overall discussion. People tend to identify better with people they perceive to be like themselves and it’s an innate human characteristic people can either as a metacognitive recognize and address, be oblivious to but at the same time unknowingly acquiesce to, or embrace violently and emotionally at which point it devolves to an much uglier thing. If you don’t admit this than explain segregation, explain religion, explain political allegiance and explain why if you ask any realtor they will tell you people go with realtors they perceive to be like them. Imagine Jim Kelly, a buffalo hero, now picture him with all the same stats the same personality, the same everything- except he looks like Donovan McNabb and he comes from a rich urban east coast family. Now is he the same hero to Buffalo?

So based on this argument- yes I find myself reaching a generalized conclusion. Many here have an irrational appraisal of EJ’s future with the team. It’s not based in fact, it’s not supported with data, it doesn’t align with historical precedence and I have had discussions with bills fans (albeit boomers and older which might also align with the board) who by their own admission just aren’t ready to see the demographic shift at the sports most iconic position particularly for their team.

SO I am not calling anyone anything. I made a postulation, then elaborated, then watched a bunch of irrational over reaction and inflammatory misinterpretation which I expect from one poster in particular who has a fallaciously inflated view of his own intellect and is clearly unable to do more than grab bits of misconstrued blurbs out of context and try to “make things more interesting”. But hey his post count is likely the most significant achievement in his pathetic little life.

And by all means would be very interested if there were more explanation as to why EJM hasn’t earned the same benefit of doubt that virtually every other QB in the franchise history has had?

I will make one attempt here to fill in between the lines, because I don’t fear human nature or discussions around how demographics influence perception. I don’t believe every insinuation that touches this facet of human nature necessarily must devolve into racism accusations.

My initial statement was made to key on the following suppositions, which I believe to be true in general:

(1) The majority of posters on the board are from a certain similar demographic. White middle class to upper middle class, with blue collar town origin. This is true of buffalo itself and the fact that basic computer literacy is a barrier to entry for this forum (as much as I hate to concede that based on some here) It pushes it up the SES scale a bit. Which is why I am going middle to middle upper class. The rest is just a mirror of b'lo

(2) The number of anti ej threads based on the board has been significantly higher than any topic in memory

(3) Those that are ready to proclaim he isn’t going to be the solution at QB are completely unable to produce statistical or historical precedent to validate this position. So it is ignored that the kid is in what has conventionally been an inconclusive phase of his career for virtually all QB’s to play the game, and has statistically performed near the top of new entrants to the role of first/second year starting NFL QB.

(4) The QB position has for a long time starkly contrasted the demographics of the league itself.

(5) the QB position is considered the face of the franchise, team leader and in most cases the player which you almost have to like and identify with to truly enjoy following a team.

(6) Here is the metacognitive human reality, one you need to accept for yourselves to not be afraid of this overall discussion. People tend to identify better with people they perceive to be like themselves and it’s an innate human characteristic people can either as a metacognitive recognize and address, be oblivious to but at the same time unknowingly acquiesce to, or embrace violently and emotionally at which point it devolves to a much uglier thing. If you don’t admit this then explain segregation, explain religion, explain political allegiance and explain why if you ask any realtor they will tell you people go with realtors they perceive to be like them. There are countless examples.

Imagine Jim Kelly, a buffalo hero, now picture him with all the same stats the same personality, the same everything- except he looks like Donovan McNabb and he comes from a rich urban east coast family. Now is he the same hero to Buffalo?

So based on this argument- yes I find myself reaching a generalized conclusion. Many here have an irrational appraisal of EJ’s future with the team. It’s not based in fact, it’s not supported with data, it doesn’t align with historical precedence and I have had discussions with bills fans (albeit boomers and older mostly which might also align with the board or not) who by their own admission just aren’t ready to see the demographic shift at the sports most iconic position particularly for their team.

SO I am not calling anyone anything. I made a postulation, then elaborated, then watched a bunch of irrational over reaction and inflammatory misinterpretation which I expect from one poster in particular who has a fallaciously inflated view of his own intellect and is clearly unable to do more than grab bits of misconstrued blurbs out of context and try to “make things more interesting”. But hey his post count is likely the most significant achievement in his pathetic little life.

And by all means would be very interested if there were more explanation as to why EJM hasn’t earned the same benefit of doubt that virtually every other QB in the franchise history has had?

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

EJ should watch film on Russell Wilson to kick start his QB skills into gear.

RIght now (to me), he looks like a back up.

Bad thowing accuracy - no zip on the ball - poor reading of the whole field - slow decision making.

(I know, I know....not enough games in to evaluate him yet!)

Don't you know you need to see at least 30 games before you can evaluate him...

Agreed on all counts.

I will make one attempt here to fill in between the lines, because I don't fear human nature or discussions around how demographics influence perception. I don't believe every insinuation that touches this facet of human nature necessarily must devolve into racism accusations.

(1) The majority of posters on the board are from a certain similar demographic. White middle class to upper middle class, with blue collar town origin. This is true of buffalo itself and the fact that basic computer literacy is a barrier to entry for this forum (as much as I hate to concede that based on some here) It pushes it up the SES scale a bit. Which is why I am going middle to middle upper class. The rest is just a mirror of b'lo

(3) Those that are ready to proclaim he isn't going to be the solution at QB are completely unable to produce statistical or historical precedent to validate this position. So it is ignored that the kid is in what has conventionally been an inconclusive phase of his career for virtually all QB's to play the game, and has statistically performed near the top of new entrants to the role of first/second year starting NFL QB.

(4) The QB position has for a long time starkly contrasted the demographics of the league itself.

(5) the QB position is considered the face of the franchise, team leader and in most cases the player which you almost have to like and identify with to truly enjoy following a team.

(6) Here is the metacognitive human reality, one you need to accept for yourselves to not be afraid of this overall discussion. People tend to identify better with people they perceive to be like themselves and it's an innate human characteristic people can either as a metacognitive recognize and address, be oblivious to but at the same time unknowingly acquiesce to, or embrace violently and emotionally at which point it devolves to a much uglier thing. If you don't admit this then explain segregation, explain religion, explain political allegiance and explain why if you ask any realtor they will tell you people go with realtors they perceive to be like them. There are countless examples.

Imagine Jim Kelly, a buffalo hero, now picture him with all the same stats the same personality, the same everything- except he looks like Donovan McNabb and he comes from a rich urban east coast family. Now is he the same hero to Buffalo?

So based on this argument- yes I find myself reaching a generalized conclusion. Many here have an irrational appraisal of EJ's future with the team. It's not based in fact, it's not supported with data, it doesn't align with historical precedence and I have had discussions with bills fans (albeit boomers and older mostly which might also align with the board or not) who by their own admission just aren't ready to see the demographic shift at the sports most iconic position particularly for their team.

SO I am not calling anyone anything. I made a postulation, then elaborated, then watched a bunch of irrational over reaction and inflammatory misinterpretation which I expect from one poster in particular who has a fallaciously inflated view of his own intellect and is clearly unable to do more than grab bits of misconstrued blurbs out of context and try to "make things more interesting". But hey his post count is likely the most significant achievement in his pathetic little life.

And by all means would be very interested if there were more explanation as to why EJM hasn't earned the same benefit of doubt that virtually every other QB in the franchise history has had?

Point #2 completely ignores the bulk of history on this board. How many threads and topics were there about JP, Trent, and Fitz? The obsession over the QB position is nothing new, the fact that it often divides fans into groups is also nothing new for this board.

Ignoring that fact makes the rest of your conclusions speculative at best, soap-boxing at worst.