Ran into Bruce and Thurman at the game yesterday...

USMCBillsFan

Lee Evans was at Hammer's Lot pregame too. Also saw a photo on Bills Mafia, Brandon stopped by a post-game tailgate...apologized for the loss.

Fans in other NFL cities don't get the chance to interact with their team/former team like this. Unless they hang out in the same bars.

No... But I have pics with both of them back in their Pro Bowl days that I had blown up and autographed. I scammed press passes 2 years in a row... but my phone was dead so I couldn't snap a pic.

i was mostly joking because you started the camera thread last week.

Lee Evans was at Hammer's Lot pregame too. Also saw a photo on Bills Mafia, Brandon stopped by a post-game tailgate...apologized for the loss.

Fans in other NFL cities don't get the chance to interact with their team/former team like this. Unless they hang out in the same bars.

thats cool. I agree, so different from most NFL cities.

I haven't gone through all the threads to see where this was being discussed elsewhere but Eric Wood has looked mostly miserable this year. He has been one of my favorite Bills over the past few years but he has been god-awful bad to merely average at his best this year.

Edited by FutureBillsGM

Didn't bring the camera because I was expecting much worse weather. :thumbdown:

No... But I have pics with both of them back in their Pro Bowl days that I had blown up and autographed. I scammed press passes 2 years in a row... but my phone was dead so I couldn't snap a pic.

hey aren't you USMC guys supposed to be prepared at all times. I mean you just saw two legends with a grand opportunity and had dead batteries !

I am just kidding .of course

Very cool you got to get run into them. Sometimes its just a better experience when they can just hang out and shoot the sheet for minute

:thumbsup:

The day after the opener I ran into Marv at the airport. He was very gracious and signed autographs and posed for a few photos. He went to sign a guy's hat, and in the process dropped his boarding pass. When the guy picked up Marv's pass for him, he said "thanks for recovering my fumble" without missing a beat.

I was able to get a photo with him and we sat across the aisle from him on the ride to Chicago. He and his wife are very nice, humble, unassuming people.

I saw Bruce at a Canadian "establishment" when I was 16 and had a good fake. He disappeared for awhile. :)

It's also funny how guys become after they retire and people don't care about them as much. I love those guys but a lot of reports were they were a holes when they played.

Same experience but only with Takeo Spikes.

He tore his achillies the next day

CBF

I saw Bruce at a Canadian "establishment" when I was 16 and had a good fake. He disappeared for awhile. :)

It's also funny how guys become after they retire and people don't care about them as much. I love those guys but a lot of reports were they were a holes when they played.

You have to figure being in the public spotlight 24/7 must get to you after a while. Having to be nice and worry how you are coming of to people non-stop. And let's face it, some fans get carried away.

You have to figure being in the public spotlight 24/7 must get to you after a while. Having to be nice and worry how you are coming of to people non-stop. And let's face it, some fans get carried away.

I have been collecting Bills autograhs for about 30 years. Many by mail, quite a few in person. My experience is, most guys are pretty cool about it, if you are polite, and let them sign something when it is convenient for them, as opposed to when they are on their way in or out of somewhere, or eating, or with their family, etc etc. I managed to get an autographed card from every Buffalo Bills player who had a card produced from about 1988- 2005...the only one who ever outright snubbed me, on multiple occaisions, was Mark Kelso... I have heard over and over again, over the years, that Bruce Smith was not very nice to fans, but my experience couldn't have been any opposite of that. And this was during his playing days...they are only human....

I have been collecting Bills autograhs for about 30 years. Many by mail, quite a few in person. My experience is, most guys are pretty cool about it, if you are polite, and let them sign something when it is convenient for them, as opposed to when they are on their way in or out of somewhere, or eating, or with their family, etc etc. I managed to get an autographed card from every Buffalo Bills player who had a card produced from about 1988- 2005...the only one who ever outright snubbed me, on multiple occaisions, was Mark Kelso... I have heard over and over again, over the years, that Bruce Smith was not very nice to fans, but my experience couldn't have been any opposite of that. And this was during his playing days...they are only human....

Odd about Kelso. I would not have pegged his like that, unless it's a blanket "no autographs for anyone" thing with him.

Odd about Kelso. I would not have pegged his like that, unless it's a blanket "no autographs for anyone" thing with him.

Might be. He is the one guy, just to complete the "Super Bowl" years collection, that I had to pay money on EBAY for. It cost me about $4 as I recall.