Ran into Bruce and Thurman at the game yesterday...

USMCBillsFan

Bruce used to be kind of a dick. When I scammed my press passes to the pro bowl in 94 Bruce was there, along with Andre, Tasker and Thurman. Being a huge Bills fan and Marine stationed there I went and bought all the Bills players really nice Marine t-shirts. Tasker, Andre and Thurman were VERY appreciative and cool towards me. Actually Andre stole me a pro bowl game ball and signed it for me. And Tasker brought me out some game gear and signed it. But Bruce, when I approached him to give him his shirt looked at me and muttered "what I suppose you want me to sign everything in your bag now?" After I said, "no, I'm just a big fan who knows you guys get asked for things all the time and being a Marine, I wanted to do something FOR my favorite players instead." After that he felt like an ass and was super cool to me the rest of the week...lol..

Bruce used to be kind of a dick. When I scammed my press passes to the pro bowl in 94 Bruce was there, along with Andre, Tasker and Thurman. Being a huge Bills fan and Marine stationed there I went and bought all the Bills players really nice Marine t-shirts. Tasker, Andre and Thurman were VERY appreciative and cool towards me. Actually Andre stole me a pro bowl game ball and signed it for me. And Tasker brought me out some game gear and signed it. But Bruce, when I approached him to give him his shirt looked at me and muttered "what I suppose you want me to sign everything in your bag now?" After I said, "no, I'm just a big fan who knows you guys get asked for things all the time and being a Marine, I wanted to do something FOR my favorite players instead." After that he felt like an ass and was super cool to me the rest of the week...lol..

When I got him to sign a card, it was during the 4th qtr of a game in New Orleans, the Bills were blowing the Saints out...last game of the season, going to the playoffs..the "stars" pretty much sat most of the 4th quarter. It was Christmas weekend..the team was pretty happy, celebrating with the Buffalo faithful who had moved behind the Bills bench...Bruce was awesome.

It was 1998, so before everyone had a camera on their phone. I took a picture of him and my buddy shaking hands (got my own picture taken earlier in the "smoking lounge" with Leon "Dr Sack" Seals who was at the game with his son, cheering on the Bills)...the only guy who was kind of a dick that day was Flutie. He was pissed about being benched for RJ that day, and sulked the whole game, sitting on his helmet, as far away from the team bench as (I would imagine) rules wold allow. A bunch of kids had Flutie Flakes boxes with them...Bruce actually took one from some little kid, walked it down to Flutie, had him sign it, and then gave it back to the kid. Perhaps, given that it was the holiday season, or maybe that they were on the road, Bruce was pretty happy that day, and was great with the fans. Thurman too.

Edited by Buftex

Same experience but only with Takeo Spikes.

He tore his achillies the next day

CBF

I met Takeo last Thursday in Brooklyn - super cool guy. Big as you would think, he neck really is as big as you would think.

Told him I'm a big Bills fan and talked about his last game as a Bengal that he played in Buffalo when the fans started cheering for him. He said "that really made a difference to me!" and went on to talk about how awesome the fans are in Buffalo. Good stuff!

Very cool that the OP got to meet Burce and Thurm - true Bills legends!

Odd about Kelso. I would not have pegged his like that, unless it's a blanket "no autographs for anyone" thing with him.

I have always found Kelso really nice. I have got his autograph the first time I met him. He also use to let us horseback ride and hunt on his property. He is a really down to earth guy. He signed by football "God bless, Mark Kelso"