Sammy admitted to taking a play off in the 4th qtr

YoloinOhio

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This...

His throw would only get him killed if he didn't run his route. He didn't run his route. How is it a sign that EJ's throw in itself was going to get him killed. Because his previous throw to Goodwin resulted in Goodwin taking a big hit? I expect more from the #1WR. Jmo.

Absolutely the worst attitude a player can have, ESPECIALLY A ROOKIE who's done nothing. I'm glad he owned up to it but action is where it's at. He can own up all he wants, let's see if his attitude changes. The only way we'll now is if he starts leaving it all out on the field.

You need to relax. I'm sure you get up everyday and give it your all even when you are sick.

To be honest, it looked like he and some of the other receivers completely quit on the last drive. My Dad and I noticed that if they weren't the primary receiver on the play, they basically just jogged/walked their routes. Probably because they knew they'd never see the ball from EJ if the play wasn't designed for them. I think EJ could lose these guys in a hurry if he doesn't get it together.

He would have gotten killed had he caught that ball. That's not taking a play off. That's wisely not jeopardizing your season/career in an imminent loss.

If he can't make the tough plays he should not be out there. The game was not necessarily lost at that point. You play for 60 minutes. The Bills have lost games when up like that.

With that said this game is a learning experience for all. Hopefully for EJ most of all. A win in Houston would be big on the heels of this game.

Paging poster: NoSaint, regarding our discussion about Sammy straightening his Post route in order to avoid the Safety and protect his ribs.

For reference: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171067-red-zone-troubles/page__st__40

Sounds like more of the same to me.

And to comment on this BS excuse a lot of posters are giving him...

If our WRs dont want to put an effort in because they are afraid of taking shots, then they all need to be cut, not the QB. This is the NFL. Go get the ball.

If he can't make the tough plays he should not be out there. The game was not necessarily lost at that point. You play for 60 minutes. The Bills have lost games when up like that.

With that said this game is a learning experience for all. Hopefully for EJ most of all. A win in Houston would be big on the heels of this game.

I respectfully disagree. It was at the 2:00 mark on the Buffalo 8 yard line. Even the Bills couldn't lose a game like that up by 12.

I would normally be right with you as far as playing 60 minutes. But this wasn't simply extending himself or taking a hit. I think the likelihood of injury was very high. This isn't an anti-EJ sentiment. QB's throw bad passes; especially QB's with a dozen games under their belts.

I'm just confident that there was zero possible reward for that risk.

Paging poster: NoSaint, regarding our discussion about Sammy straightening his Post route in order to avoid the Safety and protect his ribs.

For reference: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/171067-red-zone-troubles/page__st__40

Sounds like more of the same to me.

And to comment on this BS excuse a lot of posters are giving him...

If our WRs dont want to put an effort in because they are afraid of taking shots, then they all need to be cut, not the QB. This is the NFL. Go get the ball.

if hes avoiding making plays due to his injury, he shouldnt be on the field. in this case i dont know if he was mailing in a play thinking the game was over or what. id like to still believe that he isnt adjusting routes on his own to avoid hits - especially on a big red zone play like week 2.

When he could have had a catch.

@BuffRumblings: Sammy Watkins admittedly took a play off late in the 4thQ yesterday where he should have had a catch. Concerned? http://t.co/QtV9W5TEO9

Trade him!!

Seriously though I would like to see the overwhelming explosiveness and play making ability that he's supposed to have. It's easy look great against collegians but things equalize in the pros.

Still rather have Corrdarrelle Patterson and Blake Bortles.

I guess I need to chime in.

BENCH HIS BLEEP

seriously, I don't like to hear that stuff. Lets hope its a one time deal.

lol can you imagine the *ahem* discussion that would take place with Whaley and Marrone if St Doug told him he wanted to bench Sammy? Put those two in the Octagon!

anyone else notice the play to the endzone early on he didn't go up at all for? nearly picked and he just stayed planted as the cb leaped for it and got in front of him....also didn't dive for the low pass, later didn't even look for the crossing route on 4rth down, then the admitted garbage time play....I don't care about the last one but the early ones really cost us, that was 2 drives that didn't get extended and a missed TD.