Fan Duel

IslandBillsFan

Hello all,

Has anyone played fan duel? It seems like fun wagering action week to week. However, I think their ads have to be bogus.

This week the keep stating "Joe turned $50 into $31,000 in two weeks".

This seems impossible without some sort of jackpot win. You would have to double that $50 over 9 times to get to get to $31k.

Thoughts?

Hello all,

Has anyone played fan duel? It seems like fun wagering action week to week. However, I think their ads have to be bogus.

This week the keep stating "Joe turned $50 into $31,000 in two weeks".

This seems impossible without some sort of jackpot win. You would have to double that $50 over 9 times to get to get to $31k.

Thoughts?

You play against others in FanDuel. It's very likely that "Joe" played with 1000 others and they all put 50 in a pot.

I know guys who have had 100k wins so it can happen, I prefer DraftKings because there's no kickers and you can change your lineup for later games after the early ones start. Sign up at rotogrinders.com and deposit through their link so you get all their research tools for free.

There are different types of games, I'll try to explain the differences and brief strategy.

Cash games-double ups, 50/50s, triple ups and head to head games. These you want guys with high floors, it doesn't matter if you finish first or 50th if the top fifty all get the same prize.

GPP-guaranteed prize pools. These are the lottery tickets so to speak. You need a big score to make money so you need to have guys that are not widely owned to have a shot at the top prize.

I usually go with a 80/20 split in favor of cash games to lower the weekly variance.

I started the thread and I did start it here. I didn't know OTW had restrictions too.

I guess in my Bills offense boredom on Sunday I figured a non bills topic would be helpful.

I assume that even OTW works using the same servers and software that TSW does and started new threads slows things down. Once again I apologize and thanks for the opinions.

What if it's during the game and I need advice and I need it bad? Can I start a thread then? What about PPP? What if it's during a game and I have to start a thread to call gator a dumbass? These things can't wait and the no new threads during the game is reaching too far.

They're legal federally but some states have restrictions, I know Washington banned them recently.

This is my concern with these sites. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some kill-joy in Congress eventually takes notice and decides to shut these sites off from the banks, just like they did with online poker.

Edited by KD in CT

This is my concern with these sites. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if some kill-joy in Congress eventually takes notice and decides to shut these sites off from the banks, just like they did with online poker.

i think why this wont happen... no way can you say this a game of chance as opposed to a game of skill. Game of skill 100% legal.

I am pretty sure the courts have recently ruled poker is also a game of skill and not gambling, but that port security bill is still gumming up the works somehow.

Edited by plenzmd1