Bruce Smith

Darryl Talley

Cornelius Bennett

Steve Tasker

James Lofton

Eric Moulds

And then for our home playoff game:

Jim f-ing Kelly!

When Jim f-ing Kelly said "We just have one more thing to do for this celebration . . . That is Squish the Fish!!!"

before the game the whole stadium was ready to run through a brick wall including the 52 players.

Can we just have Jim Kelly give a pre game speech before every home game?

Please.

Pat Williams and/or Ted Washington would be great. Since we're talking fat guys, throw Sam Adams in there too!

With those three we might have to make it a relay.

And I don't think anyone can "throw" Sam Adams anywhere!

Edited by Augie

Didn't Scott Norwood lead the team out once last year, or the year before?

They honored him at the Jets game in 2011. We were 5-2 when it happened during the "white out" game. People were ultra uneasy about it. We got grounded and pounded in that game and went on to win only one more game the rest of the season. No more Scott, please.

Are you kidding me??? Was JP Losman or Rob Johnson not available??

What an uninspiring choice. Lee Evans was the exact type of player the Whaley/Marrone regime has purged from the current roster. No leadership skills, no intensity, no winning attitude. What a drop off from Andre Reed last week.

Wrong

I like the idea of having a player other than one from the SB teams lead the charge. Sometimes it seems like (to non-Bills fans) those were the only players who were ever good in Buffalo, which isn't true. It is good for the current players to know that this organization did actually have talent in between then and now even though the teams they played on didn't get to the playoffs. Lee Evans was a great player here and is still an ambassador of the team and the city. Marrone always talks about wanting guys on the team who want to be here. Evans was one of those kinds of players and whether or not his teams won, it wasn't because he couldn't do his part.

I approve this post !

Evans was on the downhill part of his career when he was traded, but I had the sense that the Bills were trying to do right by him by sending him to a playoff-caliber team to give him a shot at least once. It was clear the Bills weren't going to get Evans to the SB. If Evans had held on to a particular pass from Flacco it might have worked out, too. (Actually I think the defender knocked the ball out of Evans' hands, so it wasn't a drop.)

This is a truly thoughtful post.. I guess thats how i considered it.

May i say if the Bills win the Superbowl...

They invite every player who ever donned the laundry to the stadium for a day in the sun. regardless of anything else At the next years Home Opener .

Man . We would be talking all year about that.

Even the groundskeepers. just let them stand on the turf and get cheered by us for a couple minutes.

Russ. I got this here idear rightcheer so listen up wouldja now?

I am delighted Evans is coming back. Lets be sure we cheer him can we ?

Did he give an autograph to the guy to your right?

#TooSoon ?

Witty !! very well placed

:worthy:

Agreed . WSS is much keener than he at first appears !!

Russ Brandon IS a football Man and a marketing Genius . see i told you

Honestly i just like the spirit of it. Norwood too.

One big dysfunctional family is better than no family at all

In all seriousness, yes. Me (nine years old) and this other kid (standing to my right) asked him for an autograph during a training camp practice held at my area high school in Rochester. He said he had time for one more autograph and gave it to the other kid (even though there was no one else around and it would have taken him 5 more seconds to sign for me).

And now you know why he was cursed.

Dear JR ,

I had no idea.

May i suggest you write him a quick note on twitter or whatever you kids do these days and tell him the story .

I bet he would be pleased alot to right a wrong . I know I would want to .

Seriously

Any body have a way to get ahold of Lee Evans ?

If he does not respond though i will loathe him. and wait for him in the parking lot and punch him .

i will too.

I was a fan of Evans all along. But he did finally give in to hopelessness

Are you kidding me??? Was JP Losman or Rob Johnson not available??

What an uninspiring choice. Lee Evans was the exact type of player the Whaley/Marrone regime has purged from the current roster. No leadership skills, no intensity, no winning attitude. What a drop off from Andre Reed last week.

wow, watch much football for the last 10 years? Lee was the actual talented receiver we let walk for a pretender like steve johnson, who forced the bills to immediately start drafting speed receivers to make up for his lack there of (graham, goodwin, woods then watkins) considering watkins cost two 1's we basically spent two 3's a 2 two 1's, and the 6th we gave away for williams to fix the mistake of going with SJ and Donald Jones as our starting WR once evans left. again we spent a 1,1,2,3,3,6 to replace evans and then SJ this also cost us russell wilson. But im guessing you liked SJ since he caught a 5 yard slant like nobodies business.

This is all assuming your not using evans last years of a 9 year career as your excuse to say he sucked, im sure hes sorry he got injured and maybe slowed down a bit as he aged, SJ started getting hurt the second year he became a starter. FJ also apologizes to you for getting hurt at times and slowing down with age.

wow, watch much football for the last 10 years?

I've watched every Bills game for the last 25 years, so yeah.

If you want to say Evans was a good guy and a good citizen, I can't argue with that. But if you think Evans was a good leader or an intense competitor with a winning aditude, you are sadly mistaken.

If you are looking for someone to inspire the team and the fans before the game, I could name dozens of former Bills who are more worthy of that honor than Evans.