Does the 2011 5-2 start temper your enthusiasm this year?

BuffaloBill

Just curious what the thoughts are. For me, I am enjoying where we are and just trying to take it one game at a time. I must admit that after the 2011 season I will not say this team has "turned a corner" until the season is done. I still say the hit that Trent Edwards took in that AZ game changed him and led to the implosion. He was not the same player coming back.

I think top to bottom including QB the current roster is far more loaded than 2011. So in this fact I place great hope for the 2014 season.

What a great week for the Bills but I suspect there might even be more fandemonium if it were not for the 2011 collapse.

Edit: a few people have correctly pointed out I have incorrectly combined implosions ... 2008 was Trentative and 2011 was Fitz-not-so-magic.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly no.

The way we are winning games this year is just good solid fundamental football. in 2011 we had some exciting wins, but some very fluky plays and an absurd amount of forced TO's

This team is built much more solidly than in 2011. We are built to sustain an injury to almost any position and not miss a beat. In 2011, one injury and were sunk. Fred goes down, Fitz comes back to reality and we tanked. I can't picture a way that happens to this team

No, but I think the questions we had the last 6 months still aren't 100% answered based on 2 weeks. We do have a pretty good roster, and I don't think its smoke and mirrors like 2011- I just expect some ups and downs from a young qb, young coordinator, and worry about depth in a few key spots.

Yes/No

My expectations are certainly kept in check. 2-0 doesn't have me expecting playoffs.

BUT

2-0 certainly makes me more excited to watch our team than 0-2 would.

To expand... Based on the first couple of weeks, I see 2 "we should win" games left on the schedule. 1 game that "we should lose". The remaining 11 are all up in the air at the moment, and I give us a 50% chance of winning.

So my new "expectation" based on two weeks of action have changed to about 9-7, which is vastly different than my expectation of roughly 5-11 going into the season.

But, if we put up a stinker this weekend, and show some serious flaws, then those expectations may or may not change.

New GM, new coaches, new schemes, 90% new players, why would it?

The majority of teams that start 2-0 the way this team did usually play pretty well. They all don't. It's way too early for any team that hasn't had a lot of success to assume everything is good or doesn't need to improve. I don't see much of a connection to that team.

That said, your hopes should be tempered anyway. It's just two games in a long season.

Yes!

It Just does.

I know everything is different but I'm still tempering my emotions at this point in time. I have been burned by the Bills before.

Now if we win the AFC East and or make the playoffs I will lose my ****.

Just win baby!

Just curious what the thoughts are. For me, I am enjoying where we are and just trying to take it one game at a time. I must admit that after the 2011 season I will not say this team has "turned a corner" until the season is done. I still say the hit that Trent Edwards took in that AZ game changed him and led to the implosion. He was not the same player coming back.

I think top to bottom including QB the current roster is far more loaded than 2011. So in this fact I place great hope for the 2014 season.

What a great week for the Bills but I suspect there might even be more fandemonium if it were not for the 2011 collapse.

No. Like you said, compare that roster to this roster.

New GM, new coaches, new schemes, 90% new players, why would it?

The majority of teams that start 2-0 the way this team did usually play pretty well. They all don't. It's way too early for any team that hasn't had a lot of success to assume everything is good or doesn't need to improve. I don't see much of a connection to that team.

That said, your hopes should be tempered anyway. It's just two games in a long season.

Because we are all emotionally wounded animals.

I think your getting your years confused... Trent Edwards was the 2008 season where they started 4-0 then went to Arizona for game 5 and Edwards got killed.

2011 was Fitzy and the Bills did go 5-2 before imploding.

Edited by Wayne Cubed