Announcers for Bills/Bolts game

dascottbills28

They did not drop him. He is on fox's #1 team for college football Saturdays. He had the Michigan St/Oregon game a few weeks ago. It was a money issue with CBS when his contract was up. He wanted #1 team money the problem was he wasn't going to be their #1 play by play man. He would be on the 2nd or third team. CBS messed up though because Gus's real calling is college basketball & for them not to renew his contract they lost him for March Madness, which I think was a big blow to them. It is either love or hate him. Some people don't like him because he messes up the stats & such, but he brings an energy to the booth like no other play by play announcer out there.

Ah...thanks, I couldn't recall the specifics, it seemed there was a "semi-outrage" over that comment, which I thought was really funny (the comment)...and then he kind of disappeared. Thought it was linked. He was always my son's and my fav announcer.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

im using an over the air hd antenna this week to get my tv picture. that way there is no cable tv or satellite delay, and then listening to murph on the radio

i refuse to ruin my 3rd victory of the year with another horrible announcer duo.

I think your tv feed will still be behind the radio.

If not, I'm gonna do that too!

I've been doing this for years. Listening to the tv guys makes me wanna puke. When I tell mrs mularky I'm watching the game with old friends, murph and kelso, she sarcastically asks if she should make more appetizers.

As far as the audio delay I've been fighting this battle forever. Combinations of tv feeds out of rochester, buffalo, am radio, fm. I've built kookie radio antennas and all that.

Week one wcmf 96.5 and over the air fox was pretty much on the money. Last week 96.5 was behind the tv by 8 seconds which sucks however 550 am out of buffalo was within a second or 2. You never know how it's gonna be week to week it changes, it's crap.

I've finally figured out a way to delay the radio up to 30 seconds which makes it pretty much foolproof if you have a DVR if the tv is ahead of the radio you can just pause and play. Send a pm if you need to know what to get from radio shack. I really enjoy kelsos insight and Murphs enthusiasm during the games.

Edited by BUNCH OF MULARKEY

They did not drop him. He is on fox's #1 team for college football Saturdays. He had the Michigan St/Oregon game a few weeks ago. It was a money issue with CBS when his contract was up. He wanted #1 team money the problem was he wasn't going to be their #1 play by play man. He would be on the 2nd or third team. CBS messed up though because Gus's real calling is college basketball & for them not to renew his contract they lost him for March Madness, which I think was a big blow to them. It is either love or hate him. Some people don't like him because he messes up the stats & such, but he brings an energy to the booth like no other play by play announcer out there.

Yeah he's great. He was doing a game last Saturday night (can't remember USC v BC or UCLA v Texas, can't remember was switching between games). Thought to myself, man I love this guy. Most entertaining play by play man in the business right now. When he gets excited there is no one better.

Yeah he's great. He was doing a game last Saturday night (can't remember USC v BC or UCLA v Texas, can't remember was switching between games). Thought to myself, man I love this guy. Most entertaining play by play man in the business right now. When he gets excited there is no one better.

I will watch a game just to listen to him. I am not sure if you like college basketball but that is his true calling. It is a shame that ego's got in the way when his contract was up & he decided to jump ship to fox. I mean he is good on college football but when bball rolls around fox really does not have a presence like CBS or ESPN. Those 2 networks control college basketball. He works for the Big 10 network in college basketball & I believe he does the Big 10 torunament for college bball. Still not the same. He was the best CBS had & they let him walk for more money, He is way better then that arrogant prick Jim Nance if you ask me.

You guys will probably blast me for this, but I think one of the best play-by-play announcers out there now is Mike Tirico from ESPN.

Too bad we'll never be on MNF to get him...

The group last week was definitely the C team...

Fox is so superior... I really liked Daryl Johnston and Kenny Albert week 1 against the Bears. Too bad Fox doesn't do AFC. The only NBC announcer I like is Solomon Wilcots..good insights.. love the way he says "The Beels". I absolutely despise Phil Simms.. Nantz is annoying for football too.

Why do you despise Simms? I think he is the best of the best. Insightful, accurate, knows when to shut up. Edited by mannc

I think your tv feed will still be behind the radio.

If not, I'm gonna do that too!

im using an over the air hd antenna this week to get my tv picture. that way there is no cable tv or satellite delay, and then listening to murph on the radio

i refuse to ruin my 3rd victory of the year with another horrible announcer duo.

We did this week one over the air on the ROC CBS affiliate and the radio synced up perfectly. We did not want to hear the fox people sucking off the bears the whole time. would have done it this last week but did not have a radio handy.

Edited by poo

Why do you despise Simms? I think he is the best of the best. Insightful, accurate, knows when to shut up.

he's not that good..... IMO nowhere near the best.

I thought I posted this prior

Broncos fans start Change.org petition to ban CBS’ Phil Simms..

http://www.nydailyne...ticle-1.1941545

I can deal with Jim Nantz, Mike Tirico, Ian Eagle, Solomon Wilcots easy enough

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

seriously ...... who the F is going to watch the Raiders v NE* (Tuck Rule Revisited).

they will be lucky to pull a minority share < 10

wow Washington, Idaho abd a small western corner of Montana gets Tennessee @ Cincinnati

LOL

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Unsurprisingly, we are getting little play... but NE vs OAK... BIG DEAL THERE, HOLD ON TO YOUR SEATS

http://506sports.com...hp?yr=2014&wk=3

The Patriots are a huge name draw and they're expected to be 2014 Superbowl contenders. They're like the AFCs version of the Cowboys. The only difference is when Brady is gone no one in the country will care about them anymore.

I'm not upset at CBS choosing to show that game over the Bills. The season has just started and this game simply isn't a big one for NFL fans. It will probably be a 100 times more entertaining, but that doesn't matter when it comes to initially drawing fans in to watch. Though I could see the game get switched over if the Pats are blowing out the Raiders and the Bolts/Bills game is close.

You guys will probably blast me for this, but I think one of the best play-by-play announcers out there now is Mike Tirico from ESPN.

Too bad we'll never be on MNF to get him...

I used to DESPISE Tirico. He knew nothing about the intricacies of the game, and always said the wrong stuff at exactly the wrong time.

Now he's the best out there, and my favorite. He does an amazing job, keeps a great rhythm, is exciting to listen to, and banters very well with Gruden (which no one else on the planet seems to be able to do). I gotta say, he has really impressed me. That guy must have worked hard at it, which is pretty awesome.

Bitching about the announcers? Go to the game and quit complaining about who announces it. This is classic Buffalo insecurity. It won't ever go away as long as you keep feeding into it.

...we get bad announcers because nobody respects us, we can't get Monday Night Games, cause TV doesn't like the town, we are a small market, we have low employment, our weather is too cold, there are no jobs here, yadda yadda yadda. Y'all whine too much

If you want other people's perception of Buffalo to change, start with your own attitude.

The group last week was definitely the C team...

Fox is so superior... I really liked Daryl Johnston and Kenny Albert week 1 against the Bears. Too bad Fox doesn't do AFC. The only NBC announcer I like is Solomon Wilcots..good insights.. love the way he says "The Beels". I absolutely despise Phil Simms.. Nantz is annoying for football too.

It's more like "The Beee-ohs"

GO BILLS!!!