Brandon Spikes only played 15 snaps vs Mia

Alphadawg7

+1 I heard a stat earlier that teams are 12-1 in the last two weeks when they run more than pass. I can see the run making a comeback real soon.

Causation isn't correlation.

The Moreno stuff to me is kinda laughable. He is a guy and Lamar Miller is a guy. Henry, McGahee, tomato tomoto. Who cares.

I'm normally the last guy to make the "fire/attitude" point but I do like Spikes for that. It's been sorely lacking for us at that position for a long time.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Causation isn't correlation.

The Moreno stuff to me is kinda laughable. He is a guy and Lamar Miller is a guy. Henry, McGahee, tomato tomoto. Who cares.

I'm normally the last guy to make the "fire/attitude" point but I do like Spikes for that. It's been sorely lacking for us at that position for a long time.

Actually correlation doesn't mean causation. But causation pretty much by definition suggests correlation. No?

And I agree the loss of Moreno wasn't a major factor, as Knowshon is a good, but not great, RB, But I'd dial down the RB1 = RB2 rhetoric, as there are backs who make a huge difference.

Actually correlation doesn't mean causation. But causation pretty much by definition suggests correlation. No?

And I agree the loss of Moreno wasn't a major factor, as Knowshon is a good, but not great, RB, But I'd dial down the RB1 = RB2 rhetoric, as there are backs who make a huge difference.

I mean teams who qb kneel have a great winning %. Try that in Qtr 1.

Not rhetoric, just true. Most of them don't matter. Ryan Mathews is unfortunately no exception.

Yep. With the injury to Moreno, the Fins went from very average at best to just below very average at best.

IMO they're both on the latter level. Naturally there's a honeymoon phase with the new guy. Like a good game vs the hated Pats in week 1 (where Miller was also productive) is somehow confirmation that his Denver play wasn't a product of the system. It's just so ESPN_#HotSportsTake.

Foles ended up throwing for 300+ against the Colts. Hey Yolo, loved that post you made about the Cutler magazine GIF.

That's it? Worst 300 in a W ever. Sproles had 800yds receiving with 850 YAC.

Sick fantasy beat playing against him. Yahoo had me as like a 96% favorite.

I mean teams who qb kneel have a great winning %. Try that in Qtr 1.

Not rhetoric, just true. Most of them don't matter. Ryan Mathews is unfortunately no exception.

IMO they're both on the latter level. Naturally there's a honeymoon phase with the new guy. Like a good game vs the hated Pats in week 1 (where Miller was also productive) is somehow confirmation that his Denver play wasn't a product of the system. It's just so ESPN_#HotSportsTake.

That's it? Worst 300 in a W ever. Sproles had 800yds receiving with 850 YAC.

Sick fantasy beat playing against him. Yahoo had me as like a 96% favorite.

Your post sort of smacks as a fantasy football analysis. While most backs don't make or break their teams (some do of course), backs aren't interchangeable. You know why? Because there is more to the job than just running the ball. There is blocking, selling the fake, pass protections, knowing where to be when the play breaks down, etc. Just like certain WRs deliver far more than their receiving production by the little things they do to help the team win.

But if your idea of football is watching the Red Zone. mostly for your fantasy score, you miss most of that. I'm not saying that is you, BTW. But this post leads me to to suspect it might be.

heard a stat today that surprised me. Only one QB threw for 300+ in week 2 (Rodgers). MNF notwithstanding.

And prior to this week, only once since 2006 have the Pats* scored 30 points with fewer than 200 passing yards: week 17 last year, against Buffalo. What was the game plan of that day? Pound pound pound.

+1 I heard a stat earlier that teams are 12-1 in the last two weeks when they run more than pass. I can see the run making a comeback real soon.

part of that of course being that when you are winning, you hand the ball off a lot to eat clock. teams that are losing terribly tend not to run the ball

Didn't he come back into the game?

Let me change what I wrote. Sorry Kelly but your anti-EJ crusade is both tired and wrong. The Bills didn't win the game by, outside of ONE 47 yard run, averaging 2.1 YPC.

I didn't think so. But I could be wrong.

26CB posted in the post game thread hip injury. I asked if there was an update and he had said he should play this weekend

part of that of course being that when you are winning, you hand the ball off a lot to eat clock. teams that are losing terribly tend not to run the ball

This very much can change the run/pass ratio.

If we look at supposed run happy Bills last week, we had a run/pass ratio of 33/26. Looks like it supports the concept that running teams win(as stated earlier in the thread).

If we however separate the 4th Q(12/4) where we were nursing a strong lead(13 pts), we see the normal play ratio reduce to 21/22.......more passes than runs.

This should really be in the "Stats Lie" thread.

This very much can change the run/pass ratio.

If we look at supposed run happy Bills last week, we had a run/pass ratio of 33/26. Looks like it supports the concept that running teams win(as stated earlier in the thread).

If we however separate the 4th Q(12/4) where we were nursing a strong lead(13 pts), we see the normal play ratio reduce to 21/22.......more passes than runs.

This should really be in the "Stats Lie" thread.

Pass to score, run to win.

Ryan Matthews, their stud RB is out for 4 weeks. Mathis means even more play action pass, and deep threats. Spikes will help completely stuff Woodhead and the chargers will have to win completely in the air. That means our pass rush pins the ears back, and we play a ton of nickel. Gilmore, McKelvin, Graham, and Robey along with Williams need to be ready.

We could see UB's Brandon Oliver get some carries.

Your post sort of smacks as a fantasy football analysis. While most backs don't make or break their teams (some do of course), backs aren't interchangeable. You know why? Because there is more to the job than just running the ball. There is blocking, selling the fake, pass protections, knowing where to be when the play breaks down, etc. Just like certain WRs deliver far more than their receiving production by the little things they do to help the team win.

But if your idea of football is watching the Red Zone. mostly for your fantasy score, you miss most of that. I'm not saying that is you, BTW. But this post leads me to to suspect it might be.

So yah it's actually the complete opposite. People who cross fantasy with actual football analysis think RB is way more important than it is. They also weren't in the minority in claiming the Browns fleeced the Colts on this very board the week that trade happened as I was (which would've been true even if Richardson didn't suck).

You can tell by the snap counts in the OP the bills were in nickel almost the whole game. Pretty sweet the can still handle the run in a nickel d.

Spikes is a 4-3 MLB, not a nickel MLB based on his coverage skill deficit.

I wonder if it's a chicken and egg thing.

Are you running because you're winning or winning because you're running...?