To all of the EJ bashers

DirtDart

How many ways can you post that you've come to the conclusion that EJ's not good enough and can never improve? Not that you're correct in your observation.

How many ways can you post that we've got to be patient? There's no monopoly on reiterating points around here.

I am not one of the "technically still a rookie" crowd, BB and you know this. I think EJ can be judged... to be a project!

No, no...just tossing out a statement that I read in this thread that made me laugh, not ascribing it to you.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be time to put this thing out of it's misery. Of course, what's the record for longest thread? This has to be in the running,

no no no. Any time EJ Manuel is mentioned, it must appear at the end of this thread.....forever.....

I just wish we could teach EJ to throw INTs and fumble like Geno.

Maybe with a lot of practice and concentration he can become a turnover machine like Geno.

It would be so entertaining to watch.

This comparison reminds me of the JP/Trent debates. The lines were certainly drawn between the camps. Too bad the joke was on everybody, because both sucked.

I just wish we could teach EJ to throw INTs and fumble like Geno.

Maybe with a lot of practice and concentration he can become a turnover machine like Geno.

It would be so entertaining to watch.

The good thing, I guess, about Manuel is that when he is inaccurate he is so far off that there is generally no one in the vicinity to intercept it.

Well, isn't it more important what Mike McCarthy believed?

I am not one of the "technically still a rookie" crowd, BB and you know this. I think EJ can be judged... to be a project!

And even if I disagree with some of the assessments, I think this is a very, very fair way to look at it.

Again I ask, If they had a plan last year with Kolb and then that plan did not surface so, hey went with plan B why have they not tried to reconstitute plan A. Most everyone can see Manuel is a "Project" QB, so follow your original project plan. Don't scrap it just because Kolb got hurt. I would think that having Orton play the Kolb role in from the original plan A would be the best for the team and Manuel.

As mentioned with the quoted post there is no shame in playing behind other QBs and there maybe he should sit and learn and develop. Instead you could be reinforcing bad behavoir because he has to "win now".

Again I ask, If they had a plan last year with Kolb and then that plan did not surface so, hey went with plan B why have they not tried to reconstitute plan A. Most everyone can see Manuel is a "Project" QB, so follow your original project plan. Don't scrap it just because Kolb got hurt. I would think that having Orton play the Kolb role in from the original plan A would be the best for the team and Manuel.

As mentioned with the quoted post there is no shame in playing behind other QBs and there maybe he should sit and learn and develop. Instead you could be reinforcing bad behavoir because he has to "win now".

Correct.

I also wouldn't discount the fact that EJ has the full support from the coaching staff, even though he never really won the QB job in a real competition, and how that reverberates across the lockerroom.

I'd make the same bet for almost every thread here.

Almost. Over only comes into play when a thread doesn't devolve into EJ bickering. And that constitutes...oh I don't know...zero threads here!? :lol:

Correct.

I also wouldn't discount the fact that EJ has the full support from the coaching staff, even though he never really won the QB job in a real competition, and how that reverberates across the lockerroom.

Man, you are really trying to make this locker room narrative a thing, aren't you?

Man, you are really trying to make this locker room narrative a thing, aren't you?

Yes, I am. The last time I saw this kind of "communication" between a QB and his receivers was in the JP Losman hey day. How about we use that as the comparison point and not what Aaron Rodgers was doing on the bench in his first two years? Right now, there are a heck of a lot more parallels between EJ & JP, than between EJ and Rodgers.

Yes, I am. The last time I saw this kind of "communication" between a QB and his receivers was in the JP Losman hey day. How about we use that as the comparison point and not what Aaron Rodgers was doing on the bench in his first two years? Right now, there are a heck of a lot more parallels between EJ & JP, than between EJ and Rodgers.

I don't think EJ is into gardening or landscaping....

Is there a monopoly on creating threads that reiterate EJ sucks?

Nope. All are free to start as many as they like with declarative statements and supporting evidence. They'll be able to beat their collective chests and loudly proclaim they were right should EJ ultimately fail.

Nope. All are free to start as many as they like with declarative statements and supporting evidence. They'll be able to beat their collective chests and loudly proclaim they were right should EJ ultimately fail.

well, if you keep creating duplicates, sooner or later your warning points will add up and POOF ban time