Will you be cool if The Ralph becomes Paychex Stadium

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

naming rights are cheesy for sure (Lucas Oil field is so gay), but if you're going to take taxpayer money in a time when we're cutting educational programs in this state, it's awfully vain to have your name on the outside of your stadium.

i was never a huge Ralph fan, thought that naming move was self-serving and egotistical. (hey if you want to pony up money and buy your own stadium, then i totally get it, but you should only use taxpayer money if you've exhausted all the reasonable means to contribute on your end. naming rights can be worth up to $20M per year. NYS could use that money)

You do realize that he didn't name the stadium after himself, right? Granted it was done as an @$$ kissing way so he didn't move the team, but still.

For those of us of a certain age, I agree. I still think of First Niagara as Marine Midland and even more pathetic and more often, the Aud.

I've been away so long when I left the Aud still had that new arena smell so yeah for me the Sabres play at the Aud.

Saw Atlanta's new stadium on Hard Knocks, it looks pretty sweet and interesting how they're incorporating the "retractable" portion of the roof...I really does look top notch.

I caught that, too. Looks really nice. I like how Blank referred to it as an open-air stadium that closes vs. a domed stadium that opens.

GO BILLS!!!