Multiple Reports : Pegula IS the new owner

FluffHead

How about beating the Patriots.

That would certainly get the Pegula era off on the right foot.

These folks don't seem like the 'big unveiling' types to me. They'll probably wave from the owners box and meet the team in the locker room after the game.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we expect to see white smoke rise from One Bills Drive Wednesday AM once the vote is held??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Count me in the crowd who thinks the ceremony/pregame will be more understated.

Although, i could see Russ going to TPEGS and saying you coming onto the field will whip the fans into a frenzy, and help with momentum.

If they do that, i hope they do it with the players on the field. I felt bad for the players that they did not get to see the pregame before the opener.

Edited by plenzmd1

I just hope they do a full press conference Wednesday, Thurs, or Friday and Pegula can be up there with Alumni, etc and whip us up in a frenzy like with the Sabres. The podium at the stadium always falls flat, its hard to hear, people arent paying attention, etc.

I would love for a montage video like Golisano released when he bought the Sabres. sent a DVD to all STH and mini pack holders and it was an amazing rush for a fanbase who was pretty low and felt disconnected to the past.

I just hope they do a full press conference Wednesday, Thurs, or Friday and Pegula can be up there with Alumni, etc and whip us up in a frenzy like with the Sabres. The podium at the stadium always falls flat, its hard to hear, people arent paying attention, etc.

I would love for a montage video like Golisano released when he bought the Sabres. sent a DVD to all STH and mini pack holders and it was an amazing rush for a fanbase who was pretty low and felt disconnected to the past.

I would bet that he will be at 1 Bills drive on Thursday for his itroductary PC

CBF

I don't understand the basis of your skepticism. Brandon himself has been on WGR stating that Bills fans should get to their sets early on Sunday. And he was not referring to taking pressure off of Gate 2.

Wish I could be there!

I'm not being negative. I just have seen the Pegula's not being "in the spotlight" type of people as Sabres owners. If they have an announcement/introduction/gala/whatever great. I am excited to have them as owners of the Bills as much as everyone else. I just wasn't expecting it. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think it may be the original wording of "their grand unveiling". That makes it sound like the Pegula's are going to be very visible in the whole thing. I wouldn't expect to see much of them at all. You'll get some sort of parading of alumni, but you'll see very little of those two. That's how it should be. Actually, what they should really do is some sort of major ceremony or video tribute to Ralph. I'm not even sure how much they did at opening week, but that doesn't matter. This is the perfect time to do something like that one more time.

The Ralph tribute at the opener was quite grand, and I think it was enough. I would like a big ceremony on Sunday with Pegula committing to the team and the region, get the stadium all riled up. But there seem to be differing opinions.

I would bet that he will be at 1 Bills drive on Thursday for his introductory PC

CBF

Wouldn't surprise me if the PC is tomorrow afternoon at OBD should the approval vote be held in the morning. Not sure what else is on the agenda for the meeting in NYC beyond the Bills' ownership vote.

Wouldn't surprise me if the PC is tomorrow afternoon at OBD should the approval vote be held in the morning. Not sure what else is on the agenda for the meeting in NYC beyond the Bills' ownership vote.

Google is your friend: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2014/10/06/domestic-violence-tops-agenda-at-nfl-owners-meetings/16833865/

Do they really need to talk about the problems of domestic violence?

That's absurd. Simply say there is no tolerance for it and players charged with it are suspended with pay until proven guilty.

Sure they do. Just one example. Do players suspended with pay count against the salary cap?

Sure they do. Just one example. Do players suspended with pay count against the salary cap?

They should. The team has responsibility for those players, regardless. If the team cannot assume that responsibility then the team has no reason to have a relationship with that player.

Some times teams can work with a player and some times they cannot. For example, I very much enjoy Dez Bryants career in Dallas because they have done a superb job at handling his behavior and helping him live a good, clean life.

They should. The team has responsibility for those players, regardless. If the team cannot assume that responsibility then the team has no reason to have a relationship with that player.

Some times teams can work with a player and some times they cannot. For example, I very much enjoy Dez Bryants career in Dallas because they have done a superb job at handling his behavior and helping him live a good, clean life.

It's not just a player issue. They need to cover DV and SA issues for any potential team or league employee along with the appropriate way to handle situations both before and after cases are legally adjudicated.