How does this win impact your season prediction?

Fadingpain

OK: we now know that Week 1 at Chicago is a Bills win.

What does this do to your season wins/losses prediction? How much did it improve by?

It's not necessarily just about 1 more win than you might have had in the win column; this could potentially impact a lot of your other predictions as well.

Curious what people think.

The offense built confidence, which is huge, and the defense was good, though I'm concerned about attrition.

San Diego and Miami are far more important games. If we win, we are in great shape for the year. If things go poorly, whether due to performance or injury, I'll be concerned.

I think a healthy team goes 8-8 or 9-7. With serious injuries (3-4 starters out each week), we'll go 6-10 or 7-9.

The offense built confidence, which is huge, and the defense was good, though I'm concerned about attrition.

San Diego and Miami are far more important games. If we win, we are in great shape for the year. If things go poorly, whether due to performance or injury, I'll be concerned.

I think a healthy team goes 8-8 or 9-7. With serious injuries (3-4 starters out each week), we'll go 6-10 or 7-9.

Definitely; the next two games determines whether or not this game was a fluke or if we have really improved. Plus, we need as many wins as we can get early to cushion and build confidence for the games in December.

And we think the Buffalo News Columnists are harsh...

http://www.chicagotr...907-column.html

Whew, makes Sully look like Mother Teresa.

My favs:

"It’s one thing for the Bears to lose at home to the Packers last season. But to lose to the Bills? Kill me now."

"Then the Bears go to Carolina and Atlanta, neither of whom might or might not be any good, but the Bills just proved you don’t have to be a good team to beat the Bears."

Edited by CodeMonkey

The best part of this win is that it lights the fanatics' fires (and I use the full word with respect) for two winnable home games. The Fish game is huge as they're better than last year and a real contender in the division. Knowing how loud the Ralph is gonna be next week makes me feel sorry for the fins.

almost.

For me, this rules out us going 4-12 or worse/bottoming out that some had suggested. This was a big win, and there were some clutch performances. The talent on this team is clearly there. Our 3 top WRs and ALL 3-4 (!!!) RBs... goodness. That's talent. But more importantly, the Bills finished red zone possessions and won in the clutch. If they have figured out how to close games, the sky's the limit.