How does this win impact your season prediction?

Fadingpain

It doesnt mean anything if we cannot beat the Dolphins at home next week. I thought this game would be a loss, but I also thought we just needed to be 1-1 after the first two games. Even if we lose we are there, but if we lose at home to the Dolphins, even though they beat the Pats, this Chicago win will be lessened.

I'm still down on the team, but not AS down. Definitely some promising things seen, but also some worrisome things.

Right now, I'm apprehensive, because it kind of felt like a win by the 2011(the year we went 5-2 to start?) Bills. Won by getting some luck ;)

Prediction was 4-12. Now it's 6-10 :D

I'm still down on the team, but not AS down. Definitely some promising things seen, but also some worrisome things.

Right now, I'm apprehensive, because it kind of felt like a win by the 2011(the year we went 5-2 to start?) Bills. Won by getting some luck ;)

Prediction was 4-12. Now it's 6-10 :D

Right. This team could still be 4-12 although I doubt it. And if we blow it next week and lose at home against the Dolphins this win will mean zero.

But it's also a good reason to reevaluate what we did see in preseason. We didn;t have more than a series or two with our offense together regardless of the vanilla stuff and game planning.

I thought they would win 6 or 7. Today didn't change my mind.

Surprised to see a lot of folks think EJ was one of the stars today. I thought he wasn't bad, but nothing more.

Running game and defense were good.

I thought they would win 6 or 7. Today didn't change my mind.

Surprised to see a lot of folks think EJ was one of the stars today. I thought he wasn't bad, but nothing more.

Running game and defense were good.

The worst. Don't be afraid to enjoy life a little duder...

Right. This team could still be 4-12 although I doubt it. And if we blow it next week and lose at home against the Dolphins this win will mean zero.

But it's also a good reason to reevaluate what we did see in preseason. We didn;t have more than a series or two with our offense together regardless of the vanilla stuff and game planning.

To be fair, much of what I've been saying this off season is that the team still has weak spots, but is better than last season... just the record might not reflect it.

Biggest positives I took away were EJ taking some shots (even if one was a really bad idea), and the WRs basically catching everything.

Biggest negative was our D turning into "bend, don't break". Giving up major yards and depending on turnovers will not make for a consistent winner.

Biggest negative was our D turning into "bend, don't break". Giving up major yards and depending on turnovers will not make for a consistent winner.

Sure. But the strategy is going to be different every game. You cannot hope to shut down Jeffrey, Marshall, Forte and Cutler, on the road, like you would game plan against another team. You change your blitz strategy. You change your matchups, etc.

I'm not ragging on you, or anyone really, for thinking the Bill were not going to be a good team this year. I thought they would lose, too. And this one game is just one game, it doesn't mean anything either. I was discouraged by so many fans making so many assertions as if it were already written in stone.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

@RapSheet: How much did we learn from the preseason? Some of the teams that looked the worst — #Bills, #49ers, #Texans — won today.

You are right. I hope next year there is a thread pinned to the top of TBD that says "No Matter What Marrone Says - Preseason Is For Talent Evaluation Purposes Only. They Really Are Not Trying To Win At All!"

This past preseason makes perfect sense to me if I think of it in terms of "The Bills don't care at all, not one little bit, whether they win drives with their first string offense or defense." But Marrone was out there saying that they number one concern was winning the game even though it was preseason. I should have seen through that for what it was - Pure Politics.

Sure. But the strategy is going to be different every game. You cannot hope to shut down Jeffrey, Marshall, Forte and Cutler, on the road, like you would game plan against another team. You change your blitz strategy. You change your matchups, etc.

I'm not ragging on you, or anyone really, for thinking the Bill were not going to be a good team this year. I thought they would lose, too. And this one game is just one game, it doesn't mean anything either. I was discouraged by so many fans making so many assertions as if it were already written in stone.

"Predictions" are just that... predictions. Not future telling/facts. :) Hell if I *know* what's going to happen. I hope my predictions are gloriously wrong and we go 19-0!

"Predictions" are just that... predictions. Not future telling/facts. :) Hell if I *know* what's going to happen. I hope my predictions are gloriously wrong and we go 19-0!

Very true. But I think you know from coming here so long, that a lot of these "predictions" from people were not posed as predictions, they were posed as imminent certainties.

I was at 8ish wins and am still there. I was very encouraged to see Manuel play within himself and run smart and not take any unnecessary hits.

Cutler had a good game overall, but gift wrapped it for the Bills late. The Bears offense had several other gifts today as well. Can't say I'm shedding a tear though :).

But as they say, all wins are good wins, on the road even better!

I was at 8ish wins and am still there. I was very encouraged to see Manuel play within himself and run smart and not take any unnecessary hits.

Cutler had a good game overall, but gift wrapped it for the Bills late. The Bears offense had several other gifts today as well. Can't say I'm shedding a tear though :).

But as they say, all wins are good wins, on the road even better!

Yup. It really doesn't change much. I'm an eternal optimist but this win is just a nice, unexpected win right now. It's negated by an unexpected loss. Which could very well happen next week.

That said, most of the so called "apologists" or "homers" were not predicting greatness, they were saying wait until the games start. And I would bet most of them right now don't think this is a great team, just that they have a chance to win.