Schefter: Bills won't hesitate to play Orton

FluffHead

Benching a young QB this early in his career basically ends it for them. I'm actually against this. Marcellus Wiley had some great thoughts on the kid. Said Bills fans need to be patient with him. The last fee classes of QB's have spoiled the league. Those QBs aren't the trend they're an anomaly. Obviously paraphrasing

I'm pretty confident that anybody in the organization who actually knows how much of a leash EJ has wouldn't share it with Schefter. So where's he getting this?

He talks with people around the league that aren't here either and they say it makes sense because of ownership change and jobs are on the line so he goes with it without any knowledge.

I'm pretty confident that anybody in the organization who actually knows how much of a leash EJ has wouldn't share it with Schefter. So where's he getting this?

Must be because they were signed late. Which is also the biggest reason they won't play.

Good grief...An hour before kickoff in week #1...

A 1st round starting QB who has 10 starts under his newbie belt in a league with a history a mile long of QB's that struggle early on...

And a back-up QB who's been here for what? 8 days?

You gotta love being a Bills fan in 2014... :huh:

He talks with people around the league that aren't here either and they say it makes sense because of ownership change and jobs are on the line so he goes with it without any knowledge.

This is a really interesting profile on how Schefter works:

There are many theories as to why Schefter breaks so much news: when he covered the Denver Broncos, Mike Shanahan must’ve leaked him news; when he was at the NFL Network, the league surely fed him information; when he was represented by the mega-agency CAA, its network of agents must’ve helped him out (Schefter points out he used CAA for just two years and negotiated his last contract by himself two years ago).

But the truth is, sources seem to call him as much as he calls them, and information flows both ways. Midway through his drive to Bristol, a front-office executive from the Kansas City Chiefs rang.

“I think you maybe have another suspension coming down the pike,” Schefter told him. “I don’t think it’s today, but I think it’s coming here before the preseason’s over. . . . Oh, you weren’t aware of that? . . . I think Donald Stephenson. Does that surprise you? I don’t know that for a fact, but I had somebody text me and say, ‘Hey, be on the lookout for Donald Stephenson.’ So, I’m giving you a heads-up in advance. If it starts percolating and you give me a heads-up back, that’d be great.”

Four days later when the info was more solid, Schefter reported to the rest of the world that the Chiefs offensive lineman had been suspended for the first four games of the season.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/adam-schefter-is-nfl-reporting-machine/2014/09/02/93e009f2-32cc-11e4-9f4d-24103cb8b742_story.html

The only reason you make that change is if you truly believe that Orton WILL take this team to the playoffs. Then it actually may be a good idea. I don't think for a minute that Marrone and or Whaley are going to make panic moves because their jobs are on the line. If they are any good and have any career in this league ahead of them, they believe in their convictions and they do what is best for the team. The new owner Pegula knows this, too. If El Petulante thinks you are making panic moves to save your own ass at the expense of the team you are fired faster than you would be had you stuck to your convictions.

Nobody knows for sure how he "knows" but this isn't LaCanfora were talking about. Schefter has the best reputation of any of them.