EJ isn't good enough? Not just another EJ thread.

stevestojan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@kfishbain: EJ Manuel was a 58.8% passer as a rookie. He notched a career-high 72.7% completion rate against the Bears on Sunday.

True, but in the second half he completed 5 passes for 56 yards (half of that on one pass) at a rate of 55.6%, an int and a rating of 34.7.

Three of the Bills scoring drives began at mid field or better (one was at the Bears 7).

True, but in the second half he completed 5 passes for 56 yards (half of that on one pass) at a rate of 55.6%, an int and a rating of 34.7.

Three of the Bills scoring drives began at mid field or better (one was at the Bears 7).

In the second half, he helped his team win the FN game. Bottom line!

Yikes, that's not good.

Yikes, that's not good.

Don't let WEO try to deceive you:

Q1 7/8 (87.5%), 84 Yards (10.50 YPA), 0 TD, 0 INT, 1 Sack, 110.4 Rating

Q2 3/4 (75.0%), 13 Yards (3.25 YPA), 1 TD, 0 INT, 0 Sack, 117.7 Rating

Q3 1/4 (25.0%), 16 Yards (4.00 YPA), 0 TD, 1 INT, 0 Sack, 4.2 Rating

Q4 4/5 (80.0%), 40 Yards (8.00 YPA), 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 Sack, 100.0 Rating

OT 1/1 (100.0%), 20 Yards (20.00 YPA), 0 TD, 0 INT, 0 Sack, 118.8 Rating

Manuel had a short bad stretch in an otherwise solid game.

Edited by Wraith

Manuel went had short bad stretch in an otherwise solid game.

Thank you for showing all the facts, we all know WEO has a campaign to run against EJ.

From the comments section:

"I am a Pats fan.

But, this story is awesome. THIS is what football is about. THIS is the kind of stuff that builds winners. Buffalo fans deserve it."

Not all Pats fans are evil?

From the comments section:

"I am a Pats fan.

But, this story is awesome. THIS is what football is about. THIS is the kind of stuff that builds winners. Buffalo fans deserve it."

Not all Pats fans are evil?

That's like a Pats fan who has been a fan of the team for more than 15 years. :)

And of those four passes in the 3rd quarter: The one completion was for 16 yards, one incompletion was an overthrow to Watkins on a 40+ yard pass, one incompletion was a throw to the sidelines (and almost a completion) while scrambling for his life because of a complete breakdown on pass protection, and the fourth pass was a bad decision and interception.

He had a solid game. However, there are some posters who will never give him any credit at all...

Thank you for showing all the facts, we all know WEO has a campaign to run against EJ.

Campaign? No. I thought he looked better than in preseason. The fact is that in the second half, the Bears D turned off a hot QB. Pointing out his 4 receptions in th 4th Q for a whopping 40 yards does nothing to make the disparity in his performance in the 2 halves seem less striking.

Campaign? No. I thought he looked better than in preseason. The fact is that in the second half, the Bears D turned off a hot QB. Pointing out his 4 receptions in th 4th Q for a whopping 40 yards does nothing to make the disparity in his performance in the 2 halves seem less striking.

Then again, his lone pass in OT was a clutch 20-yard strike to Williams. Combined with the 2nd half, the disparity pretty much disappears. I don't think the Bears D "turned off a hot QB". He was pretty warm, but not red hot, most of the game.

Talk about micro-analysis. Pathetic. Not surprised to see the usual suspects reaching for that cloud in the silver lining though.

How about Brady's 2nd half ratings dip? Or Manning's? How about doing an anlaysis of EVERY QB in the league and their play to play, series to series, quarter to quarter rating fluctuations.

I saw some craptastic QB play over the weekend by QBs all around the league. But for whatever reason, EJ Manuel isn't allowed room to make a crap play of his own? Gimme a phuckin' break and act like you have a clue about the game.

GO BILLS!!!

maybe the EJ naysayers still want RGIII

oh wait ..... the word BUST is being hinted at after the Houston game

To clarify, this is not the kind that gets displayed in Canton....

I'm sitting wondering what the anti EJ crowd would say if he threw for 500 yards on 40 passes with 7 TDs?

I just don't understand why it's not obvious to everyone that EJ has the potential to be a great nfl QB, and he's already shown flashes on several occasions. He's just gotta do more of it

Talk about micro-analysis. Pathetic. Not surprised to see the usual suspects reaching for that cloud in the silver lining though.

How about Brady's 2nd half ratings dip? Or Manning's? How about doing an anlaysis of EVERY QB in the league and their play to play, series to series, quarter to quarter rating fluctuations.

I saw some craptastic QB play over the weekend by QBs all around the league. But for whatever reason, EJ Manuel isn't allowed room to make a crap play of his own? Gimme a phuckin' break and act like you have a clue about the game.

GO BILLS!!!

Just pointing out an obvious disparity. You don't think Marrone is bringing this up today with Hackett? Of course you know he is, so stop whining.

Also, comparing a "silver lining" performance by EJ with "craptastic" performances by future HOFers does your argument no good, obviously (and it hurts your claim that you have a clue about the game).

Just saw EJ at the airport a few min ago. We were going through security together. Had a few min while we were putting our shoes back on to congratulate him. I told him to '!@#$ up' the Phins next week. He smiled and told me they would!!

Just saw EJ at the airport a few min ago. We were going through security together. Had a few min while we were putting our shoes back on to congratulate him. I told him to '!@#$ up' the Phins next week. He smiled and told me they would!!