EJ isn't good enough? Not just another EJ thread.

stevestojan

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Biggest one I remember was against SF in 2012. Fumbled when we were driving toward the end of the half and ruined any chance of getting back in it. He had another costly one that year that I don't recall off the top of my head. Last year vs. the Falcons for sure, cost us that game. He's had several in his time here.

But it's his untimely drops at big moments that have me convinced he's just not a money player.

GO BILLS!!!

Yup. He doesn't have an exorbitant number of fumbles or drops but they are rather untimely to say the least. I would love if we just had a guy like Zack Ertz or Travis Kelce or Martellus Bennett, I'm not even asking for much. ;)

I can see how someone could think this, but we should move on only when we have a clear upgrade, not when we only have hamstring Moeaki and Gragg.

I definitely agree with this. It's not a force feed thing but he shouldn't have cart Blanche either. If we all could agree that he is average AT BEST then I don't think this convo happens.

He had 53 receptions. Put that argument to bed. Where would that total rank on most teams.

He was around 12th-13th in most Tight End categories. That's above average.

I think the real argument that needs to be put down is how other TE's perform around the league. Outside of the Graham's/Gronk's, there aren't too many consistent TE's that perform week in and week out. Look at Zach Miller, he had a great game last week, but then he'll have 2 games where he catches one pass. Unless the guy is a physical freak, the average NFL TE isn't a huge performer.

Edited by FireChan

Tony Cline? Joe Klopenstein? Derek Fine Shouman? Mike Caussin? Kevin Brock? Jonathan Stupar? Robert Royal? Ryan Nuefeld? Brad Cieslak? Tim Euhus? Mark Campbell? Rod Traford? Dave Moore? Sheldon Jackson? Bobby Collins?

he asked for good TEs. That is one depressing list starting with the great Lonnie Johnson in the early 1990s. Thinking through the years, the Bills have done a pi$$ poor job drafting TEs.

Campaign? No. I thought he looked better than in preseason. The fact is that in the second half, the Bears D turned off a hot QB. Pointing out his 4 receptions in th 4th Q for a whopping 40 yards does nothing to make the disparity in his performance in the 2 halves seem less striking.

You mean the 8 YPA in the 4th quarter, if we're gonna be all cherry-picky?

• 2 weeks later...