Manziel files for trademark "Johnny Cleveland"

YoloinOhio

is there a link as to when he failed a coke test since arriving in the NFL?

Are there pics? Anything? Just wondering since that is a fairly libelous statement.

ummmm to your comment see pic below,,,

looking at the pic above with the cash, just by looking at his eyes ..... the dude is stoned

Br775j5CYAAH3Hb.jpg

http://www.cbssports...onstop-partying

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ummmm to your comment see pic below,,,

looking at the pic above with the cash, just by looking at his eyes ..... the dude is stoned

Br775j5CYAAH3Hb.jpg

http://www.cbssports...onstop-partying

Yep, thats the pic that was circulated on TMZ. What was the charge? Other than being stupid?

Thankfully no one here was ever that dumb as a kid. well except maybe me, I admit to that. That reminds me of the TMZ pic of a guy we called SJ13 lighting up a cigar

With C-notes on sunset strip. it was day or two after he signed his extension. He looked like he was drinking more than coffee too. Look it up it was never mentioned on this board though. of course he was a bIll so he is immune to criticism.

Namath had a reason to be brash. He had legit NFL talent and proved his worth on the field. I have no problem with confidence or swagger when it's matched up with performance. However, when someone has no legit reason for accolades, attention, or attitude, you'll see me take issue. Recent examples are Tebow, Michael Sam, and Manziel.

Namath really wasn't that good. Football was different then but really one good season and lots of knee injuries....way overrated. But I do enjoy him as a lovable Dean Martin football drunk guy thing he does.

Namath really wasn't that good. Football was different then but really one good season and lots of knee injuries....way overrated. But I do enjoy him as a lovable Dean Martin football drunk guy thing he does.

Can you tell the story of professional football without including Namath? Nope! You simply cannot measure the man's impact on the game by strictly examining statistics.

Can you tell the story of professional football without including Namath? Nope! You simply cannot measure the man's impact on the game by strictly examining statistics.

btw namaths lifestyle as a nfl QB was 30 yrs ago and he is an outlier. Johnny leads the league in trademarks (10) but has 0 stats. Andrew Luck has lots of opportunities to trademark crap ( his last name is Luck and he plays for a team whose logo is a freaking horseshoe) but he's too busy trying to win football games to waste time on that stuff.

Namath was brash and arrogant before he went into the NFL. I'm sorry, but you're applying a double standard here. Unless you hated Namath before he played in the AFL, you're misremembering.

Edited by FireChan

Namath was brash and arrogant before he went into the NFL. I'm sorry, but you're applying a double standard here. Unless you hated Namath before he played in the AFL, you're misremembering.

Yep he was. He was great at Alabama and he was great in the AFL too. Great arm and the best release I've ever see on a QB. Would have been even better if not for his knee injuries. OTOH, with Manziel I'm not buying his game working in the NFL and he's focused on the wrong things.

No double standard

btw namaths lifestyle as a nfl QB was 30 yrs ago and he is an outlier. Johnny leads the league in trademarks (10) but has 0 stats. Andrew Luck has lots of opportunities to trademark crap ( his last name is Luck and he plays for a team whose logo is a freaking horseshoe) but he's too busy trying to win football games to waste time on that stuff.

That's because Luck KNOWS he is headed for a $100,000,000.00+ contract while Manziel is just trying to be able to buy a bottle of Spades every so often and get to hang out with a few famous people.

"I can't prove anything, and I'm totally not biased even though every JFF post I have is filled with deep seated anger. He definitely did coke, seriously."

i think you have lost the right to pull that card on anyone else at this point. im sorry man, you are just too extreme in the opposite direction to get away with it.

Yep he was. He was great at Alabama and he was great in the AFL too. Great arm and the best release I've ever see on a QB. Would have been even better if not for his knee injuries. OTOH, with Manziel I'm not buying his game working in the NFL and he's focused on the wrong things.

No double standard

Well, I don't know about that.

Namath had a reason to be brash. He had legit NFL talent and proved his worth on the field. I have no problem with confidence or swagger when it's matched up with performance. However, when someone has no legit reason for accolades, attention, or attitude, you'll see me take issue. Recent examples are Tebow, Michael Sam, and Manziel.

Before the NFL, both Namath and Johnny dominated in college. Johnny was the first Heisman freshmen ever. Yet, he has no reason to be cocky, but Namath does, because you believed Namath would be great and you don't think Johnny will be? That seems a little arbitrary, but okay.

To say Johnny has no reason to be cocky is ridiculous. If Johnny has no reason to be cocky, neither did Namath. Hence, my double standard comment.

Also, you says Johnny is focused on the wrong things? Are you talking about his partying lifestyle? Guess who is the person in this snippet?

"His first few years in New York were more notable for his antics than his play. Blank quickly became a fixture in New York's nightlife partying until the wee hours with Johnnie Walker Red and filtered cigarettes. His dalliances with numerous women were the talk of the town. He grew a Fu Manchu mustache, invested in a Manhattan club called Bachelors III and claimed that he'd "rather go to Vietnam than get married." Although his behavior may not have been so different than that of his peers, Namath was as unafraid in the public eye as he had been on the field which led to greater press coverage of his lifestyle."

Does that sound familiar? Unafraid of the press coverage? Notable for his antics?

Like I said, you're misremembering. In your younger days, you probably didn't care as much about "antics." But I knew many older folks who absolutely hated Namath when he came into the professional league. Similar to what we're seeing now.

i think you have lost the right to pull that card on anyone else at this point. im sorry man, you are just too extreme in the opposite direction to get away with it.

You can't take away my rights, I'm an American!

Edited by FireChan

Namath certainly was good. Very good. It's too bad the knee injury he sustained in college robbed him of his legs and running ability. He was a unique athlete that could put pressure on a defense with his legs. After that injury and the subsequent knee injuries in the pros he had to rely on his arm and smarts, which he had in abundance. He called a masterful game and his release and arm strength were better than anyone not named Marino. People tend to get stuck on stats, but that tells little of the story of Namath.

GO BILLS!!!

Well, I don't know about that.

Before the NFL, both Namath and Johnny dominated in college. Johnny was the first Heisman freshmen ever. Yet, he has no reason to be cocky, but Namath does, because you believed Namath would be great and you don't think Johnny will be? That seems a little arbitrary, but okay.

To say Johnny has no reason to be cocky is ridiculous. If Johnny has no reason to be cocky, neither did Namath. Hence, my double standard comment.

Also, you says Johnny is focused on the wrong things? Are you talking about his partying lifestyle? Guess who is the person in this snippet?

"His first few years in New York were more notable for his antics than his play. Blank quickly became a fixture in New York's nightlife partying until the wee hours with Johnnie Walker Red and filtered cigarettes. His dalliances with numerous women were the talk of the town. He grew a Fu Manchu mustache, invested in a Manhattan club called Bachelors III and claimed that he'd "rather go to Vietnam than get married." Although his behavior may not have been so different than that of his peers, Namath was as unafraid in the public eye as he had been on the field which led to greater press coverage of his lifestyle."

Does that sound familiar? Unafraid of the press coverage? Notable for his antics?

Like I said, you're misremembering. In your younger days, you probably didn't care as much about "antics." But I knew many older folks who absolutely hated Namath when he came into the professional league. Similar to what we're seeing now.

You should be the last one to highlight a double standard given the way you contort yourself to support Manziel in every way as if he is flawless. OTOH, you take every opportunity to crap on EJ. Hypocrisy at its height. You should check yourself 1st before trying to point out any double standard by anyone else.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz