New Buffalo News Beat Reporter is.... Vic Carucci!!!

theesir

Mark Gaughan (the best writer there) is now doing college sports for some reason.

Hmmm.

Gaughan has gained respect here and as mentioned in another thread seems to be a fan favorite of sorts. i liked his work.

Never read Vic C's work previously but looking forward to the opportunity after reading all this !

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Huh?? If he came from Cleveland I am sure it is not by choice. Manziel, Lebron, three pro sports teams. Hard to see why he would willingly leave Cleveland for the Buffalo News.

I believe he worked for the Browns, similar to the Chris Brown role with BuffaloBills.com. So the other two teams wouldn't apply. Maybe he didn't like working for an organization directly.

Huh?? If he came from Cleveland I am sure it is not by choice. Manziel, Lebron, three pro sports teams. Hard to see why he would willingly leave Cleveland for the Buffalo News.

he has a radio show as well here - said he is here for a couple more weeks. He only covered the browns, not the other teams.

I truly think Gaughan is a better reporter. Moving from the Bills to generic college sports is clearly a demotion (unless Gaughan prefers the college beat, which is possible). Armed and Dangerous is one of the worst books I've ever finished, although Vic certainly isn't wholly to blame for that. In terms of writing style, though, Vic loves the cliches (as I recall).

it's exactly as the News hinted at, MG is a little burned out after 23 years, especially now that football knows no season. It's 365 days/year now. Couldn't ask for a better replacement with VC too.

This is a big loss in my opinion. Gaughan was my favorite writer at the News. Never read the Buffalo News when Vic Carruci was there previously, so I don't know how this nets out exactly.

You're going to be very happy with what you'll be getting from Vic. :) That said, Gaughan is a big loss. I wish that both writers were covering the Bills.

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Gaughan walked off in the bottom of the 9th. He got Andre into the HOF single-handedly, what a wonderful way to walk off into the sunset. Sure he'll relax a bit more with college sports. Great journalist.

that speaks to the person he is, and not so much the journalist he is. But you are correct.

Great news, always liked Carucci. I'm sure he'll keep his gig on Sirius too, so we'll get a little more insight on occasion...

Yep, Vic's contacts around the NFL are a great 'add' for the Snooze,,,something that's been lacking since the 'Old Guard' (Felser, Kelley, etc.) left the building.

I believe he worked for the Browns, similar to the Chris Brown role with BuffaloBills.com. So the other two teams wouldn't apply. Maybe he didn't like working for an organization directly.

Good point. I don't understand how Chris Brown can call himself a reporter. He is a press secretary without the access.

Lisa Wilson@lisabellwilson 2m

Our new Bills beat reporter is a familiar name not only to Buffalo News readers but around the league: Welcome back, @viccarucci

This is great news. Vic is a real pro and a well respected journalist throughout the league. He just won the best Journalist thread.

Aewsome !!! Vic is the best, glad you are back!!

This is a sign

yep Pegula is next, I think someday has finally arrived.

What, He didn't enjoy Cleveland?

Wanted to come to the Buffalo Renaissance

You're going to be very happy with what you'll be getting from Vic. :) That said, Gaughan is a big loss. I wish that both writers were covering the Bills.

Exactly. I'm at least glad that Mark G asked off of the Bills beat. Otherwise, I'd think they're just insane.

As far as Vic, I wonder if he ever actually moved to Cleveland. I know for at least part if not all the time he worked for nfl.com, he still lived here in Buffalo.

And, yes, big time kudos to Mark for getting all these Bills into the HOF!

Lisa Wilson@lisabellwilson 2m

Our new Bills beat reporter is a familiar name not only to Buffalo News readers but around the league: Welcome back, @viccarucci

This is great news. Vic is a real pro and a well respected journalist throughout the league. He just won the best Journalist thread.

funny thing is Vic was very pro Buffalo always seeing the good things. When he went national he was very unbiased and was often more critical of the Bills.

Welcome Back VC