I See This Chicago Game As Most Important in over 10 Years

BuffaloBaumer

It already appears as though most people are down on this team (and probably some players) before the season has even started. With the amount of talent that currently exists, doesn't that sound a little odd? Nobody really knows how good (or bad) this Bears team may be but as far as I'm concerned, there has not been a bigger, more important game in many years. If 12 year olds are booing this team in pre-season, how long before 70K plus turns on this team if things go South in the home opener. Now imagine what the atmosphere would be like if the team came home 1-0 after an impressive victory in Chicago. The confidence of the team and the electricity of the crowd would most likely compare to that of the Dallas Monday nighter a few years back.

I truly think more is riding on this Chicago game than many might believe. If there is to be a losing scenario, EJ has to look good in doing so. Is it only one game? Yes, but if there was ever ONE game to springboard a season, this is going to be it. I am looking at this one as a playoff game and as crazy as that may seem, if they pull it off, you are going to see a playoff like atmosphere in only week 2 of this ever so critical season.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This road game at Chicago is out of the division, out of the conference, and not really that important in the grand scheme of things IMHO.

Despite the 5 preseason games the QB doesn't look ready, nor do the receivers or O line. They could get blown out 45-3, and it won't matter as long as they get back up and beat those smelly fish

Myself, I would put more importance on winning division games. If they are 4-4 by the bye week and have three wins in the division I'll be ecstatic, as It means they beat the Patriots :D

This game is kinda big-- come home heroes; and head the Boo-birds off at the pass. There will be more important games. But this one is a huge stepping stone to creating later important games.

Exactly my point....if they come home after an ass kicking and EJ looks bad, that stadium will turn so freaking fast with EJ's very first Int. This game (division or no division) could represent the the first MAJOR step that needs to be taken. I think the coaching staff may need it more than anybody else too.

I think the Bills have 10 or 11 new starters (counting old starters in new positions). It may take a while for the team to gel (if it ever does).

Exactly. I think many people forget this and immediately expect everything to work like Madden. We have a shaken up OLine, they're gonna take time to gel. Watkins is a rookie. Rookies rarely set the league on fire for any reason (especially one that relies on someone else to get him the ball). We have new linebackers... a new DC. It could easily take half a seaosn or more for this team to play like a team.

What would TBD be without hyperbole in every post that starts a new thread?

That was my first thought... we've completely breached etiquette and skipped right over the "this game is a must win" and gone straight to "the most important game in 10yrs!".

It's week 1! This place is gonna be in complete meltdown mode before the end of September.

The first play from scrimmage in the Chicago game could very well be regarded as the biggest play in in NFL history when it's all said and done...

give me a break.

it's one play.

most important game in 10 years ??.....laughable.

we suck and will get beat badly by Chicago.

go bills.

It's an important game for Marone, EJ Hackett and Whaley.

If they stink it up.... The media and fan base will be calling for heads. Panic will set in, they'll get itchy about pulling the trigger on Orton (starting him) and and and....

There is a palpable pressure on multiple people in the org who are in a do or die mode....

Honestly, based on they way these teams match up, I think the bills should expect to win and deliver on it. We shall see

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

It's an important game for Marone, EJ Hackett and Whaley.

If they stink it up.... The media and fan base will be calling for heads. Panic will set if, they'll getting itchy about pulling the trigger on Orton (starting him) and and and....

There is a palpable pressure on multiple people in the org who are in a do or die mode....

Honestly, based on they way these teams match up, I think the bills should expect to win and deliver on it. We shall see

There is a lot of pressure on this team, but I think they'll play well at Chicago. I even expect a win. Go Bills !!!!

Edited by 1st&ten

It's not even the most important Bills game of the month.

And if a horrendous loss spins this team out of control with QB controversy, how does whatever game you are looking at get perceived? Your game of the month might prove to be pretty insignificant by the time it is played. The Bears game has direct relevance AND importance to what you are stating...no?

And if a horrendous loss spins this team out of control with QB controversy, how does whatever game you are looking at get perceived? Your game of the month might prove to be pretty insignificant by the time it is played. The Bears game has direct relevance AND importance to what you are stating...no?

No. First of all, I don't expect a "horrendous loss" and even if they lose, there are a lot of veterans so things won't get out of control.

This is an out-of-conference away game. It's meaningless in any tiebreaker scenario down the road. A win would be great but a loss should be expected.

The Bills' home games against Miami and San Diego on weeks two and three are supremely more important.

No. First of all, I don't expect a "horrendous loss" and even if they lose, there are a lot of veterans so things won't get out of control.

This is an out-of-conference away game. It's meaningless in any tiebreaker scenario down the road. A win would be great but a loss should be expected.

The Bills' home games against Miami and San Diego on weeks two and three are supremely more important.

I guess we agree to disagree because I think the atmosphere will spread like wildfire if they walk out of that tunnel against Miami with a Chicago win...