I See This Chicago Game As Most Important in over 10 Years

BuffaloBaumer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At first I thought you were kidding. But then I read the rest of your posts.

I'm hoping for a win. Predicting a loss. Sticking to that.

As far as this game being the most bla bla bla in 10 years, that just simply is not true. We can blow them away 50-0 and still have a bad season and miss the playoffs. Or we can get beat 0-50 and have a good season and make the playoffs.

All games mean something. However, no game will MAGICALLY give you a "whole season" boost. That's not how it works.

By this same logic, why would this one be so important then. No playoff implication (yet), no job on the line (yet). If anything it's actually quite opposite: "The most unimportant opening game in 10 years" Since they all have not meant anything, then this one shouldn't mean anything either.

From a numerical point of view, you are correct. I think the OP is speaking more from an emotional point of view.

WHAT! Never? Well you've never lived until you do. So go out there and give it a try. I promise you'll won't regret it.

Keep up the good work, Rookie. I like your attitude.

This road game at Chicago is out of the division, out of the conference, and not really that important in the grand scheme of things IMHO.

Despite the 5 preseason games the QB doesn't look ready, nor do the receivers or O line. They could get blown out 45-3, and it won't matter as long as they get back up and beat those smelly fish

Myself, I would put more importance on winning division games. If they are 4-4 by the bye week and have three wins in the division I'll be ecstatic, as It means they beat the Patriots :D

This has been discussed, if they go 4-4 then you can just about count on a 5-11 / 6-10 season at best. The last 4 games of the season were damn near sure losses before the QB fiasco

It's definetly a big game. Every time I look at our schedule and see 3 of the last 4 against Manning, Brady and Rogers I think about every loss before that. If we lose to the Bears, realistically we would have to go 8-3 the rest of the way before the last 4 games to get to 9-7 and sniff the playoffs

Manning might be injured, we often seem to play 1 good game against Pats lately and Rodgers is good, but Bills is also good!

Manning was healthier than EJ last year. I dont know off the top of my head what our record the last 10 years against the Pats is but Im going to go out on a limb and say its not too good and Rogers is great.

It's definetly a big game. Every time I look at our schedule and see 3 of the last 4 against Manning, Brady and Rogers I think about every loss before that. If we lose to the Bears, realistically we would have to go 8-3 the rest of the way before the last 4 games to get to 9-7 and sniff the playoffs

The Bears are not as scary as other teams on the schedule, so it is important to win the games in which you feel like you have a pretty good chance.

The mental/morale importance of this game is pretty important as well. EJ and the entire coaching staff are under a microscope, which just adds to the criticality of this game. They are all auditioning for their own jobs and everybody knows it.

I guess we agree to disagree because I think the atmosphere will spread like wildfire if they walk out of that tunnel against Miami with a Chicago win...

Agreed. The Debbie downers on this board will go hide under there moldy rock after they beat the Chicago Gummy Bears. Cannot wait to zip some lips.

Every game is important but the OP does have a point. Coming out in the season opener and setting the tone would be huge for this organization. And the following week would be electric. This team does not need to be cautiously optimistic like the disgruntled fans of this board. Throw caution to the wind for a moment. See in your minds eye the Bills defeating Chicago and then look ahead to the effect this will have on the fans and the crowd when the Bills step onto the field at our home opener.

If you can't do that, you have lost something. And it ain't good.

The Bear offense is no more elite than the defense they will be playing against.

and there you have it....

Manning might be injured, we often seem to play 1 good game against Pats lately and Rodgers is good, but Bills is also good!

I am be thinking this is super happy method of good time feelings with Bills and the playing of football.

Sunday is the most important day for the most important game in Bills history.

Yes . its been that long .

Chicago is that game. Its a must win for the Bills. and they had best play that way. coaches and players alike .

Let go Buffalo

The Bears are not as scary as other teams on the schedule, so it is important to win the games in which you feel like you have a pretty good chance.

The mental/morale importance of this game is pretty important as well. EJ and the entire coaching staff are under a microscope, which just adds to the criticality of this game. They are all auditioning for their own jobs and everybody knows it.

It is most important to win everygame. Every one. and if happen to lose one. you sure as hell better win the next one !

Otherwise why even play the game ?

Maybe i am over competitive ?

But you play to win you dont manage the " winnable " games. man you have been here a long time Gray beard. oh wait.. Graybeard.

nevermind

Sunday is the most important day for the most important game in Bills history.

Yes . its been that long .

Chicago is that game. Its a must win for the Bills. and they had best play that way. coaches and players alike .

Let go Buffalo

It is most important to win everygame. Every one. and if happen to lose one. you sure as hell better win the next one !

Otherwise why even play the game ?

Maybe i am over competitive ?

But you play to win you dont manage the " winnable " games. man you have been here a long time Gray beard. oh wait.. Graybeard.

nevermind

I don't think you are over competitive, rather I think I have fallen into the trap of "8-8 would be considered a good season." My expectations this year are pretty low, thus the emphasis on "winnable games."

I don't think you are over competitive, rather I think I have fallen into the trap of "8-8 would be considered a good season." My expectations this year are pretty low, thus the emphasis on "winnable games."

Understood . It's not uncommon .

How about think about , say. Beat those f'n Bears !

Short term achievable goals Uncle.

One ass kickin at a time!

Some folks overthink the fun of fooball.

Talk to me next week and i will tell you the same.

This road game at Chicago is out of the division, out of the conference, and not really that important in the grand scheme of things IMHO.

Despite the 5 preseason games the QB doesn't look ready, nor do the receivers or O line. They could get blown out 45-3, and it won't matter as long as they get back up and beat those smelly fish

Myself, I would put more importance on winning division games. If they are 4-4 by the bye week and have three wins in the division I'll be ecstatic, as It means they beat the Patriots :D

I agree with the OP in general that this game is important, but would stop short of calling it a must win. I will call it a "must play well". The fan base is teetering on the edge like I have never seen before week 1 and it seems everyone knows we have a horrible head coach.

Getting blown out would be a bad thing for sure. If we play well and lose I think there could still be some optimism going into the home opener. It is actually possibly the best outcome as wins against NFC teams could come back to haunt us in many tie breaker scenarios. I see the AFC WC situation as very tight and a win against Chicago on the road could put us in a bad position.

Important games are playoff games, games in the second half of the season, games against your division, and because there are only 16 games, every game is important to some extent. This game is low on the pole as important games go. I remember Buffalo crushing New England in an opener a few years back. Its importance turned out to be zero.

For Buffalo Bills the only thing to get this franchise rolling is winning, They need to win Sunday.

They might lose . But its still the most important game of the season. nothing else matters right now .

Some of you folks who plan the season for wins and losses are goofy.

When we get to the divisonal rival that will be TMIG and then post season That will be the most important game etc anon till we win the f'n SB.

After that i would like to win the probowls. just because

Edited by 3rdand12

This has been discussed, if they go 4-4 then you can just about count on a 5-11 / 6-10 season at best. The last 4 games of the season were damn near sure losses before the QB fiasco

I don't agree, as this offense needs to play their way into getting better. It's not gonna instantly happen once they step onto the field. The QB to receivers needs better timing. The O line needs to gain some continuity.

4-4 at the bye with winning 3 of 4 division games would be a great achievement to me with Miami & New England at home, and the Jets on the road. That other win against Minnesota at home.

KC- winnable

@ Miami- winnable

NY Jets- winnable

Cleveland- winnable

@ Denver

Green Bay

@ Oakland- winnable

@ New England

9-7 and being 5-1 in the division might just be enough to take the division or get a WC berth