Mike & Mike Projection - AFC East / Bills

Kipers Hair

It is so frustrating that we have missed on a qb all these years. As everyone knows, the qb position flips everything. The Bills front office, the Bills record, even the image of our city is flipped by one man at one position. I wish we would get it right! All the analysis comes down to looking at that one position. Right now, we look awful, and management looks stupid, and the coaches terrible, unless EJ turns a corner...put Brady on the Bills and we are a 2 seed. Give EJ to the Pats and they probably miss the playoffs. If Orton or EJ are average, we finish in the middle, maybe sneak into the playoffs with nine wins. It's that simple, and that's all the main stream guys are good for, even though they like to dress up their conclusions like they are well thought out. Here's the qb situation; here's the narrative; and everyone says the same thing. Who couldn't do that?

I miss the X's and O's the commentators used to give us. The talking heads these days are talking to the masses of the uninformed. They have so little to offer. The bottom line probably wouldn't change much, but at least I'd enjoy the conversation.

they both said that they feel that both Bills and Dolphins might win more then they predict but they had to take away wins when predicting the NFC games...Greeney also said that the Jets could go 1-7 with the teams they have to play against in the first half, saying that the NFC is just better then the AFC this year...Neither had anything to say about Orton, and neither had anything to say about Bills D

edit: yes Greeney has Jets in 2nd place with 9-7 record...funny how he took away wins from Buffalo due to NFC but not away from Jets due to same reasons...like I said before, he did say he could see Jets going 1-7 in first 8 games but in the end he gave the jets those wins in his final predictions

The Jets are in worse shape than we are. They are a joke. Geno, will implode again this season, and Vick will eventually unseat him.

This is productive and not likely to offend anyone. :thumbsup:

I am not offended. Now if he would have mentioned the Redskins, My opionion may have been different.

Edited by DirtDart

It is so frustrating that we have missed on a qb all these years. As everyone knows, the qb position flips everything. The Bills front office, the Bills record, even the image of our city is flipped by one man at one position. I wish we would get it right! All the analysis comes down to looking at that one position. Right now, we look awful, and management looks stupid, and the coaches terrible, unless EJ turns a corner...put Brady on the Bills and we are a 2 seed. Give EJ to the Pats and they probably miss the playoffs. If Orton or EJ are average, we finish in the middle, maybe sneak into the playoffs with nine wins. It's that simple, and that's all the main stream guys are good for, even though they like to dress up their conclusions like they are well thought out. Here's the qb situation; here's the narrative; and everyone says the same thing. Who couldn't do that?

I miss the X's and O's the commentators used to give us. The talking heads these days are talking to the masses of the uninformed. They have so little to offer. The bottom line probably wouldn't change much, but at least I'd enjoy the conversation.

Its true. A "bad year" for a team with a top QB is 9&7 wildcard. I think the current regime gets that and that's why they went after who they thought was best QB last year. Unfortunately it wasn't a deep QB class (unlike this year). The QB problems really preceded them from the Nix-Gailey era and their costly commitment to Fitzpatrick

Excellent! Someone here less PC then me! Expect the self righteous mother hens to cluck cluck over this one .

It just surprises me that an adult (making an assumption there) in 2014 finds it proper to use the term "faggotry." What's next? Is that guy going to tell us its still kosher to identity minorities "colored folks" or "darkies?"

Edited by JM57

they both talked about how the Jets have CB issue's, both didn't mention that Bills have a good WR core to go against that CB issue..but I guess it's the lack of confidence in EJ that they didn't even think the WR's would be able to do anything

Geno Smith has exactly the same problems as EJ. There is a lack of confidence. The difference comes if either of the coaching staff can get the best out of the two teams in spite of their QB situation

The Jets are in worse shape than we are. They are a joke. Geno, will implode again this season, and Vick will eventually unseat him.

I am not offended. Now if he would have mentioned the Redskins, My opionion may have been different.

I'm not offended, either. That wasn't my point.

M and M continued to take a dump on them today. Said the whole world has already written off the Bills and for good reason. Golic said its because the QB position looked shaky in the PS. Then he added "along with other things" and trailed off because he didn't sound like he had examples. They were picking against the spread which they said is a hefty 7 pts and cutler is 11-26 when giving pts at home. They went with the bears to cover.

The list of things I wouldn't give to win this game is becoming quite small.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I'm not sold on EJ or Hackett as an OC either. I hope we see substantial growth from both this year. If we don't then this team may only get 3 to 5 wins. If they start spiraling then it could get really bad around here. On the flipside, if we do see EJ start to come into his own and Hackett gets away from a "vanilla playbook" then we could see 10 wins and a playoff berth.

There is parody every year in the NFL. Teams gel and rise to the occasion. I don't think anyone expected the Cardinals and Panthers to have the seasons they had last year. Who knew that Nick Foles would be as good as he was or that Chip Kelly could translate his style to the NFL so quickly? No one saw the Chiefs coming with the same group that was basically horrid the year before. Who thought San Diego would bounce back last season like they did? A lot of people were claiming Rivers was washed up.

To sum it all up, there are 3 to 5 teams in the NFL that you pretty much know what you've got barring injuries to key players. The Seahawks, Broncos, and Pats* are the sure bets if you ask me. The Eagles and Bengals should make it. After that it is wide open. Hopefully we can go from irrelevant to in the mix. Win games and you become the topic of conversation, a conversation that the rest of you all on the board would actually feel like listening to.

Mike & Mike have always hated the Bills. We as Bills fans also have to take in that the Bills are hardly on national tv, and that we sucked for so long. That being said I understand all the negatives. Let's really look at the team though.

Last year we went 6-10 but we only had EJ part of the season and stayed in the games with Thad Lewis.

Our defense was good last year but they got ran on all day long. That will stop this year and teams will be forced to throw against us.

We never had a true #1 receiver. Say what you will about SJ. I liked him as well but he was never a true #1. We now have one and Williams and Woods will be catching a lot of balls because of it.

Freddie and CJ were hurt last year. This year we have 3 running backs who can start on any team along with Boobie! Put in Summers and our run game will be that much better.

We had issues with our front line. Now that has been taken care of so our front line will be that much better. That being said, the more we run the less teams offense is on the field!

We lost Kiko, but we picked up Spikes and Rivers. Our front seven is most likely the very best in the league as a defense. This defense to me reminds me of the 85 Bears or the Ravens. YES THEY ARE THAT GOOD!

EJ isn't great and doesn't have to be. He just has to manage the game!

Let these guys say what they will but I can see the Bills going 10-6, 11-5. If we get lucky 12-4! I will be amazed if we don't.

No I don't do drugs either..... Just saying.

Edited by Granite12