Mike & Mike Projection - AFC East / Bills

Kipers Hair

they both said that they feel that both Bills and Dolphins might win more then they predict but they had to take away wins when predicting the NFC games...Greeney also said that the Jets could go 1-7 with the teams they have to play against in the first half, saying that the NFC is just better then the AFC this year...Neither had anything to say about Orton, and neither had anything to say about Bills D

edit: yes Greeney has Jets in 2nd place with 9-7 record...funny how he took away wins from Buffalo due to NFC but not away from Jets due to same reasons...like I said before, he did say he could see Jets going 1-7 in first 8 games but in the end he gave the jets those wins in his final predictions

Edited by Tsaikotic

Golic played the game and knows football, but Greeney has yet to make an insightful comment about any sport that an average fan already didn't know. Stopped watching years ago, as show has gone lightweight. Every body here at TBD knows more about the Bills and their chances than Greeney does.

I am less optimistic than usual about this year. I think it's a combination of EJ and Doug Marrone, and not seeing it as the right mix to win. I hope I'm wrong. But these people seeing us winning 4 or 5 are out of their friggin' minds. Our defense is stout, and we've got a lot of great players. Can't wait till Sunday.

Herm Edwards on ESPN this weekend: Patriots to win the division by 2-3 games. Revis and healthy Gronk were his reasons. Nobody in the division even comes close and he didn't even isolate the Jets/Fins/Bills.

Wow…I mean….fearless stuff there Herm and you played and coached the game….you offer me the same sh-t I can get from any fantasy football couch potato.

Point is - these big media guys all love the favorite and are never on top of an emerging/changing situation until the proof is right there for everyone. WE HAVE TO EARN IT.

they both talked about how the Jets have CB issue's, both didn't mention that Bills have a good WR core to go against that CB issue..but I guess it's the lack of confidence in EJ that they didn't even think the WR's would be able to do anything

Honestly don't care what they say about the bills, and truthfully is it any different than what bills fans are saying about EJ having to prove himself?

What do I find odd is projecting a jets turnaround. Really? Based on what? Geno is as big if not bigger question mark. Their secondary ... the key to ryans defense, is the weakest they've had since he's been there. And there's no hope for a true #1 WR now that they gave up on hill.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

I cannot find fault with anyone who has serious reservations about the ability of this team to win and find W's for this season, solely based on the murky QB situation....right now, I have my own set of doubts about how much the QB play will hinder the BILLS' chances to win more than the perennial 6 games...of course, come kickoff on Sunday I will be deeply invested in anyone that gets the ball behind Center, but still my reservations persist and hope all of my doubts are washed away as EJ or Orton or one of the Fraggle Rock muppets toss the pigskin and generate some Offense and the BILLS come away from Chicago with a Win....but until they prove it in the Win column, all concerns and pessimism is at least valid if not endorsed...I believe the BILLS have a talented enough squad to reach the playoffs and maybe go a round or two into them, but it entirely rests on the shoulders of the QB, whomever that may be...

Herm Edwards on ESPN this weekend: Patriots to win the division by 2-3 games. Revis and healthy Gronk were his reasons. Nobody in the division even comes close and he didn't even isolate the Jets/Fins/Bills.

Wow…I mean….fearless stuff there Herm and you played and coached the game….you offer me the same sh-t I can get from any fantasy football couch potato.

Point is - these big media guys all love the favorite and are never on top of an emerging/changing situation until the proof is right there for everyone. WE HAVE TO EARN IT.

Gronk's done. He'll play 3-5 games before he pulls or breaks something again.

Greeny has jets blinders on. He and Golic both only mentioned EJ's preseason performance as why they would not win more than 4 or 5 games. But yet the jets win 9? Geno looked worse than EJ last year but no issues with him in his 2nd yr, right? Did greeny forget that EJ torched his jets last year and that was when they actually had corners? He actually said if jets can just get through manning, cutler, stafford, rivers, and Brady without a secondary they can win 9 games. I appreciate his fandom but that was kind of funny yet he was completely serious. I actually think geno isn't as bad as he looked at times last year. He throws a very nice deep ball and is actually a pretty fluid runner outside the pocket. But assuming he has corrected his issues this year is different than hoping. The jets schedule sets up poorly for them because of the QBs and WRs they face early and their lack of CBs. Geno will be throwing a ton as they will be coming from behind, their OL is suspect, and I think they take a step back.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Golic at 4 wins and Greenberg at 5 wins...Neither believes in Manual. Discussed how nobody thought he was a 1st rounder and it might require waiting until year 3 to see if he has "it"....

The sense I got is that they implied Bills would know by year 3 whether he could play or not, meaning this is the make or break season.

They really weren't dismissive of EJ, but reminded that everyone thought he was a reach in round 1, and needed time. They didn't think he was ready to play last year and think this is the year that the Bills would get their answer in whether they have a starting caliber QB.

As for the Jets, they admitted the homerism. But in reality, Jets do have a dominating defense coached by one of the best defensive minds in the game, while Bills only look good on paper at this point. They recognized the weakness at CB and said that it could burn them in games. But when you consider that Jets won more games than the Bills did last year, while fielding an NCAA caliber offense, it's hard to see how they would be worse.

We may not agree with the win total, but the preseason division projection of Pats, Jets, Phins, Bills is not bizarre.

Edited by GG

Golic at 4 wins and Greenberg at 5 wins...Neither believes in Manual. Discussed how nobody thought he was a 1st rounder and it might require waiting until year 3 to see if he has "it"....

do they realize that the Bills won't start EJ all year, and we have Orton to come in and play. Orton may be "average" but that's all this roster needs.